Tailgating has been confirmed; Metlife Stadium Tailgate

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have the right to walk from my $90,000 vehicle, across the parking lot, and into my $200,000 seats in MetLife Stadium without fearing my automobile will be dented by a football, that we'll walk through the odor of burps and farts, that we'll hear Rush music, that I'll step in someone's vomit, that my wife will see behavior degrading to she/her, and that my son will hear profanity.

This is a football game, not a frat party.

SAR I

SAR in his game day attire waiting for friends Blaine and Griffin before heading into the game.

image.png.8ba31a4ea274fcd174c97d0d8b1c6909.png

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have the right to walk from my $90,000 vehicle, across the parking lot, and into my $200,000 seats in MetLife Stadium without fearing my automobile will be dented by a football, that we'll walk through the odor of burps and farts, that we'll hear Rush music, that I'll step in someone's vomit, that my wife will see behavior degrading to she/her, and that my son will hear profanity.

SAR I

You. sir, have crossed a  F___in' line here   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

SAR in his game day attire waiting for friends Blaine and Griffin before heading into the game.

image.png.8ba31a4ea274fcd174c97d0d8b1c6909.png

Meanwhile —

GRIFFON

Whats the difference between a 3-series and a porcupine?

BLAINE

Enlighten me.

GRIFFON

The porcupine’s pricks are on the outside.

BLAINE

Shhh. Here he comes.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don’t know dude. Sound more like you are going to one of those super boring things Mrs. Crusher  and our girls love to go to at the Kennedy Center. I went once 15 years ago and I still get the cold sweats every time I see that place passing over the water into DC .

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

You all might not like him or the way he says it, but he is right.

It’s a sh*tty feeling when you wonder if your car will be ok.. or if some drunk idiot will try to “fight” you… or wonder if you can bring your kid to a game or cringe when some loser cat calls your wife.

In our experience this has not been much of a problem except at night games so we no longer go to night games.

Basically it’s all fun and games and “deal with it” till it happens to you, your car or your family.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, ECURB said:

It’s a sh*tty feeling when you wonder if your car will be ok.. or if some drunk idiot will try to “fight” you… or wonder if you can bring your kid to a game or cringe when some loser cat calls your wife.

In our experience this has not been much of a problem except at night games so we no longer go to night games.

Basically it’s all fun and games and “deal with it” till it happens to you, your car or your family.

My girls will be at July 21st show. You should say hi. 

5FB034C1-13B0-4358-A721-D61D9EBE1E17.png

6 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Agree for the most part. Some get a little out of hand tailgating. I hate the parking lot all-stars who toss and kick a football with no regard for others or their vehicles. I hate the litter and garbage strewn throughout the parking lot. I usually parked in the green lot and never experienced any issues with anyone. You cant go there with hate and a chip on your shoulder for tailgating or you will definitely find problems.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Started taking my son when he was 4 years old. Legit never had a single problem. We wouldn't tailgate long for then, just grab a sandwich and throw the football around for a little bit before the game.

Always told him you will hear words that you can't repeat to Mom. And there is no going to the bathroom unless its half time. He followed those rules and we never had problems with anyone.

It was awesome to see guy with Shane at the game  man. Funny look like your first time there together, forever special sharing that. Happy Father’s Day Boss! 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It was awesome to see guy with Shane at the game  man. Funny look like your first time there together, forever special sharing that. Happy Father’s Day Boss! 

Good times good memories. 

Took my son when he was 4 to his first game. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Thanks Crush. Happy Fathers Day to you.

This season is going to be great. Having to sit last year out really sucked!

Started taking my son when he was 4 years old. Legit never had a single problem. We wouldn't tailgate long for then, just grab a sandwich and throw the football around for a little bit before the game.
Always told him you will hear words that you can't repeat to Mom. And there is no going to the bathroom unless its half time. He followed those rules and we never had problems with anyone.

There have always been drunks and morons at these games. Did notice the first couple years of MetLife it seemed to get worse. I don’t know why that is but it is.But those people are few and far between.I’ve never had a problem taking my kids to the game.
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Agree.  My brothers and I have all been going since the same age as your son (even younger, in the case of my little brothers).  Sure we have borne witness to some shenanigans at a young age (particularly at the spirals...hehehe) but come on.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree.  My brothers and I have all been going since the same age as your son (even younger, in the case of my little brothers).  Sure we have borne witness to some shenanigans at a young age (particularly at the spirals...hehehe) but come on.

Same here. Took my kids to games when they were very young. No issues.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
USA TODAY

A new study reveals which US city has the worst traffic, and it's no longer Los Angeles

Jordan Mendoza, USA TODAY
Wed, June 30, 2021, 7:45 AM

They held the title for nearly 30 years, but Los Angeles residents can no longer claim they have the worst traffic in the country, according to a study on traffic trends in 2020.

The Texas A&M Transportation Institute study had ranked the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim region as the area with the country's worst traffic since 1982. But the institute's 2021 Urban Mobility Report showed the New York-Newark region now has the worst traffic in the nation.

The rankings are based on the total amount of hours drivers were delayed. The New York-Newark region spent 494,268 hours stuck in traffic last year, while the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim had 365,543 hours of time in traffic.

Child tax credit payments are starting:Money ‘is going to make a difference.’

Maybe small cars aren't dead:Subaru teases redesigned WRX performance car

Even though Angelenos can no longer claim their traffic is the worst, they can blame the COVID-19 pandemic for it. With a stay-at-home order in place for much of the year, many California employees worked from home.

As a comparison, when the region was still at the top, the total number of hours of traffic drivers spent in 2019 is nearly triple what was spent in 2020 at 952,183.

The drop in traffic was spread throughout the country as well; the top 15 cities with the worst traffic in 2020 combined dropped, on average, from 312,680 to 152,347 total hours.

"Flexible work hours and reliable internet connections allow employees to choose work schedules that are beneficial for meeting family needs and the needs of their jobs,” report co-author David Schrank said in a statement. “And it also reduces the demand for roadway space, which is beneficial for the rest of us.”

New York-Newark also placed first for average amount of hours a driver spent in traffic last year with 56 hours. The top five areas and hours were:

1. New York-Newark , 56

2. Boston, 50

3. Houston, 49

4. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, 46

5. San Francisco-Oakland, 46

Even though nationwide traffic dipped to some of the lowest levels in the past

Stuck in traffic is now tailgating?

LOL