Hayden Hurst

genot

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

unlikely. 

I'm not sure why they would cut him, but if they did, I don't see it as "obvious" fit. He's going to be in his 4th year at 28 Years old, and probably looking for something more than we'd offer him. Maybe not. But I wouldn't want to offer anything more than 1 yr at whatever. 

Correct.  Tight end will be addressed early in next year's draft.  Joe Douglas will find an absolute stud at the position.

I could see our 1st 2 picks being oline for the right side and tight end.

This year, its Krofty time!

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

He caught 50 balls last year in his third season....the 11th most productive TE in the league....your right bro lets go with the guy who averaged 12 catches a year over 6 seasons and stone hands Herdon.  We aren't talking about a high draft pick or a investment worth worrying about to bring in a young good TE.  The problem here is some of you guys have become obsessed with 5th and 6th round picks.

If he’s being offered for a 5th or 6th round pick, the next step is being cut. If he’s cut, the Jets are #2 on the waiver wire. They’d be foolish to give up the pick. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

unlikely. 

I'm not sure why they would cut him, but if they did, I don't see it as "obvious" fit. He's going to be in his 4th year at 28 Years old, and probably looking for something more than we'd offer him. Maybe not. But I wouldn't want to offer anything more than 1 yr at whatever. 

If he's cut sign him. 6th rd pick for him. Why not. We need somebody there 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Tight end will be addressed early in next year's draft.  Joe Douglas will find an absolute stud at the position.

tenor.gif.afff7b433e06698bb0aeb26ca4c9e588.gif

9 hours ago, undertow said:

Imagine being a Jets fan and thinking it's a bad idea to bring in a young TE who can block, is on his rookie deal, and catches 50 balls a year?   iM RoLLinG WitH kRoFty!

Premier League Football GIF by Southampton FC

As always, it comes down to what we're giving up to acquire him.  If he's cut, it's a no-brainer.  If we're talking draft capital, now the discussion changes drastically.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sorry I have to start downvoting the krofty krap. Can only take so much.

Nope ... LG and OLB next year ... book it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk