Jets’ undrafted free agent Isaiah Dunn makes his case for starting corner

One of these youngsters is going to become a quality starter for the Jet’s, at least I hope so. “Over paying” an undrafted player is exactly where you want to over pay - it’s the right risk/reward because the dollars are trivial compared to the team budget and the payoff potential huge. I bet all of the rookie DBs, drafted and undrafted, don’t make as much as one of our 2nd team WRs. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

One odf these youngsters is going to become a quality starter for the Jet’s, at least I hope so. “Over paying” an undrafted player is exactly where you want to over pay - it’s the right risk/reward because the dollars are trivial compared to the team budget and the payoff potential huge. I bet all of the rookie DBs, drafted and undrafted, don’t make as much as one of our 2nd team WRs. 

Overpaying is largely a myth. When you have a competent GM who doesn't bid against himself you should be confident that you are paying around market value. Whiffs hurt regardless if you spent 10% "too much" on a guy.