Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

End of the first episode. JD sitting talkin' 'bout process or some such organizational speak. All I can focus on? This man has a Darth Vader statue in front of pictures of his family in the corne

This is very good.  Nicely produced and narrated.  Un-doing the brand damage done by JD Smoove.  SAR I

I bought a Carl Nassib 2 weeks ago.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just finished, I’m disappointed, it’s essentially a two hour hype video about our draft picks and coaching staff. There is no great insight here, just some nice views inside the building.  I thought it would be more like a self produced Hard Knocks but it’s not.

SAR I

You expected hard knocks just without the players, practices, hitting, games and what? 
Crying about hype, that’s cute

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched all 4 episodes last night. Pretty entertaining and gives you a lot of the mindset of guys like Phil Savage, Rex Hogan, David Carr, and Dave Nejweh. Very intelligent and professional group Joe Douglas has assembled. Loved Saleh saying, "Disagreement is normal in the organization. It's a good thing and it's never personal."

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished episode 4

who knows where this is going but it really does feel different from the perspective that they had a plan, a logical smart plan, but more importantly executed it

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just finished, I’m disappointed, it’s essentially a two hour hype video about our draft picks and coaching staff. There is no great insight here, just some nice views inside the building.  I thought it would be more like a self produced Hard Knocks but it’s not.

SAR I

You know I love you right? But your sounding a little  like a spurned lover here. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adobolo2 said:

Hymie is a pearl jam fan, best president ever😁PXL_20210622_083139947.thumb.jpg.488f80d0931b1c4484f0b66064467daa.jpg

while watching this part last night, and now seeing the picture, Joe Douglas looks like Bam Bam Bigelow (for all you wrestling fans out there) in this to me.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You know I love you right? But your sounding a little  like a spurned lover here. 

I have no idea what that means.  I'm the biggest fan on the site.  I just think the documentary was superficial and I thought there would be a little more insight.  Like perhaps Sam being told we're not moving forward with him, a conversation with Zach's father or agent, Saleh saying something that isn't from the new-coach-rhetoric-playbook, that sort of thing.  Not to mention, there have been over a dozen OTA's and gatherings, classroom instruction, not a single piece of that either.

This was essentially a 120 minute version of one of the Jets 1 minute videos.  Fluff.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I learned from the series is the staff wasn't blowing smoke when they said they had Moore and Carter ranked VERY high on their board.

It wasn't just BS post-draft speak.

 

That's exciting to me! 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

You know EXACTLY where this is headed....

SUCCESS IS IMMINENT 

You know it and so do I. Let's stop beating around the bush here because we're afraid to let out true beliefs show?

Joe Douglas' approach is Brilliant. The NYJ are inevitably headed for a SB win soon. It's on their horizon. I'd say within 3 seasons they SHOULD be hoisting a Lombardi? The only thing that can f*ck it up is if ownership starts to spoil a very, very good situation. I don't believe they'll do something so stupid but a lot of people believe differently. Ownership just needs to know to NEVER fix something when it's already working.

Joe Douglas has a PLAN. No other GM ever had one looking back on those regimes. His plan is WORKING because he's talented at DRAFTING. No other GM had the first clue how to create a pipeline of talent coming through the door. JD is actually headed in that direction. Our OL and WR groups are actually having real live COMPETITION to secure roster spots. Let's stop kidding ourselves. That has NEVER happened before.

So whether it's me alone or not, I'm acknowledging what I see. I see a truly great SB worthy team being assembled right now and I know Joe Douglas will never rest on his laurels if this team starts making the playoffs. That's not good enough. He knows winning the SB is the JOB.....

They will be 10-7 this year and have a shot at the 7th playoff spot.

They will win the division next year and be a trendy Super bowl pick in 2023.

Enjoy jet fans.  We finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked watching Ulbrich talk about the free agent additions and his defensive philosophy.

  • A focus on fundamentals, technique & aggressiveness as opposed to complexity. Great for a young team in year one of a new scheme.
  • Personnel acquisition focusing more on who can play better in our scheme than their previous scheme. The whole bit about expecting Lawson and Davis to be better here than on their previous teams. Far better than the LeVeon/Tru Johnson type signings; expecting players to produce the same in inferior situations. 
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea what that means.  I'm the biggest fan on the site.  I just think the documentary was superficial and I thought there would be a little more insight.  Like perhaps Sam being told we're not moving forward with him, a conversation with Zach's father or agent, Saleh saying something that isn't from the new-coach-rhetoric-playbook, that sort of thing.  Not to mention, there have been over a dozen OTA's and gatherings, classroom instruction, not a single piece of that either.

This was essentially a 120 minute version of one of the Jets 1 minute videos.  Fluff.

SAR I

Only watched the first one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They will be 10-7 this year and have a shot at the 7th playoff spot.

They will win the division next year and be a trendy Super bowl pick in 2023.

Enjoy jet fans.  We finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@SAR I to @Joe W. Namath

Track Running GIF by Valparaiso University

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They will be 10-7 this year and have a shot at the 7th playoff spot.

They will win the division next year and be a trendy Super bowl pick in 2023.

Enjoy jet fans.  We finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to say that isn't possible, but I'd be surprised if they're actually that successful this season? Because of the holes they still have at CB, TE, FB and possibly linebacker. Zach is a rookie and probably won't be very good this season. I was thinking more like 7-10 without Moses, 8-9 with, but either way.... Your win total or mine that's steam enormous improvement in one offseason. And yes, I do think they can compete for a championship in 2023 so long as they keep drafting well and managing the cap....

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was very good (I watched all 4) but I wish they shared a little more of the inside stuff especially on draft day. As someone said they really did like Zach, AVT Moore and Carter as much as they said. Top 10 grade on AVT, Top 15 grade on Moore, at least 3rd round on Carter, with that one scout calling Carter his favorite player in the draft. The character and leadership mantra we hear is very real. Carters reaction is so awesome... so calm and then such pure excitement.

One thing I walked away with though is that we are giving so much credit to JD and deserved but Saleh is also really shaping this team. JD +Saleh >>>>JD (alone/with Gase). I like that we double check with analytics. It was great hearing the analytics guy on Zach. Um, yeah, it's all As. 

I also loved that they directly addressed and even prioritized how QB prospects play under pressure and LaFleur made a couple of great points that mostly college QBs never go past their second read (but showed that Zach did) and that they are almost never under pressure but then focused on the reps Zach was.

I also thought it was interesting that I got the feeling that the Jets had MC2 rated higher than Sherwood and Nasirildeen but still focused on Will backer in the 4th.

Also, Saleh showed himself during the draft process to be that CEO guy we have needed. He was excited and behind all the offensive picks as anyone.

Woody and Chris are just cringeworthy.

And then you think of all the draft capital we will have next year. Like 4 of the top 64 picks and 7 of the Top 100 coupled with no issues on the cap and we might even jump up in overall talent more than this year. And it is possible for the Seattle and Carolina picks to be pretty high.

One thing I could not help thinking about was how much emphasis they put on fellow teammate interaction at the Pro Day and I thought of Fields pro day and how aloof and alone he was.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not going to say that isn't possible, but I'd be surprised if they're actually that successful this season? Because of the holes they still have at CB, TE, FB and possibly linebacker. Zach is a rookie and probably won't be very good this season. I was thinking more like 7-10 without Moses, 8-9 with, but either way.... Your win total or mine that's steam enormous improvement in one offseason. And yes, I do think they can compete for a championship in 2023 so long as they keep drafting well and managing the cap....

I am not sure LaFleur will ultimately use a FB as much as San Fran did. In fact even though it is the same basic system, if you watch the interviews with LaFleur it is clear they are going to adapt to the players we have. LaFleur even admitted that he wound up in 11 personnel a ton because that is what the strengths of the team dictated in OTAs and mini camp. We will be more GB than San Fran so lack of a true FB guy does not worry me. 

CB I think will be better than people think. Hall and Guidry were rated very highly at zone last year, and it seems like they are really high on the young CB prospects. In a Rex or Williams defense CB would be a big weakness, but in the defense we will run the CB is de-emphasized a lot and I suspect their level of play to be much higher than anticipated.

TE is a disaster. Would not be surprised to leave round 2 next year with 2 of them selected. That is another reason we are likely to see way more 11 and 10 personnel than 12 and 22 personnel that SF has favored. We will run a lot, but with Zach and our WRs and lack of TEs I think we get a much more aggressive version of the Shanahan offense than seen at SF.

We always have a pretty easy schedule that is back loaded with our hard games which is sort of perfect for a developing team. I really think we win 9-11 games this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Only watched the first one. 

EDIT:  *** SPOILER ALERT (YOU'LL THANK ME THOUGH)***

The first one is the best (not saying much).  It's repetitive and downhill from there.  You hope that once you see the HC is in place that the draft will take 1 episode and then you'd move on to OTA's and in-person interviews with the players.  And that doesn't happen.  It's 3 episodes of draft talk,

This series would have been relevant if they edited it and released it on May 1, right after the draft.  Here almost in July after a dozen practices and hundreds of interviews/posts it's old news.  The whole thing is a draft recap.  If they mentioned 5 veterans for a total of 3 minutes of screen time its a lot.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Very difficult to be above .500 with the least-experienced secondary perhaps in league history

The Legion of Boom was created in 2011 with 2 rookies and 2 2nd year players starting in the secondary. Top 10 in points allowed and yards allowed. The rest is history. 

Tavaris Jackson was the starting QB, they finished 7-9. The following year Wilson was the starter as a rookie and they went 11-5.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Very difficult to be above .500 with the least-experienced secondary perhaps in league history

I mean our safeties are pretty good, Maye and Joyner will be a problem.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The first one is the best (not saying much).  It's repetitive and downhill from there.  You hope that once you see the HC is in place that the draft will take 1 episode and then you'd move on to OTA's and in-person interviews with the players.  And that doesn't happen.  It's 3 episodes of draft talk,

This series would have been relevant if they edited it and released it on May 1, right after the draft.  Here almost in July after a dozen practices and hundreds of interviews/posts it's old news.  The whole thing is a draft recap.  If they mentioned 5 veterans for a total of 3 minutes of screen time its a lot.

SAR I

Uhhhh? Aren’t you suppose to say ***spoilers first*** first. Haha, none of it matters till they play the game my man. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jgb said:

8 wins is my expectation.  Though its a skill of mine, no need for predictions.  Saleh was brought here to be better than his predecessors.  My mother could win 7 games with this genius GM, these hot stud coordinators, this generational QB, this loaded WR corps, this loaded DL, this weak division.  Playoffs is a stretch.  But 8 wins with this cake schedule and a 9th home game is a layup.

SAR I

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea what that means.  I'm the biggest fan on the site.  I just think the documentary was superficial and I thought there would be a little more insight.  Like perhaps Sam being told we're not moving forward with him, a conversation with Zach's father or agent, Saleh saying something that isn't from the new-coach-rhetoric-playbook, that sort of thing.  Not to mention, there have been over a dozen OTA's and gatherings, classroom instruction, not a single piece of that either.

This was essentially a 120 minute version of one of the Jets 1 minute videos.  Fluff.

SAR I

You seriously expected to see video of JD or Saleh telling Sam he’s done and they’d be moving on from him.  Undressing a starting NFL QB for all to see.  
Really?

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Legion of Boom was created in 2011 with 2 rookies and 2 2nd year players starting in the secondary. Top 10 in points allowed and yards allowed. The rest is history. 

Tavaris Jackson was the starting QB, they finished 7-9. The following year Wilson was the starter as a rookie and they went 11-5.

Lots of things are possible. I said very difficult.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

8 wins is my expectation.  Though its a skill of mine, no need for predictions.  Saleh was brought here to be better than his predecessors.  My mother could win 7 games with this genius GM, these hot stud coordinators, this generational QB, this loaded WR corps, this loaded DL, this weak division.  Playoffs is a stretch.  But 8 wins with this cake schedule and a 9th home game is a layup.

SAR I

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.  A few injuries or players falling short of expectations and 6 wins will look realistic.

No such occurrences and I can agree with your assessment.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

8 wins is my expectation.  Though its a skill of mine, no need for predictions.  Saleh was brought here to be better than his predecessors.  My mother could win 7 games with this genius GM, these hot stud coordinators, this generational QB, this loaded WR corps, this loaded DL, this weak division.  Playoffs is a stretch.  But 8 wins with this cake schedule and a 9th home game is a layup.

SAR I

The way I see it, 6 wins this year is a lay-up, 7 wins is a foul shot, and 8 wins is a 15 foot jumper.  9 wins is a 3 point shot.  10 wins for the Jets this year is a shot 3 feet beyond the 3 point line, and 11 wins is a half court shot.  

The lay up is 100%.  The foul shot is 80%.  The 15 foot jumper is 60%, the 3 point shot is 33%,  the shot 3 feet beyond the 3 point shot is 10%, and the shot at half court is about 3%.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jgb said:

Very difficult to be above .500 with the least-experienced secondary perhaps in league history

All we need is a draft class like 49'ers 1981. Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Carlton Williamson. All first year starters!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...