Flight 2021 Documentary

@SAR I is right. It was cool but this was framed as an experience with unheard of access to the franchise. It wasn’t that. It was fluff, it was cool, but it was fluff. 

More insight into how the trade for AVT got done or some footage of Douglas leading up to the decision to making the Darnold trade would’ve been super compelling. Also if they actually mentioned some of their backup plans if they failed to get their primary targets would’ve been cool.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I watched all 4 episodes last night. Pretty entertaining and gives you a lot of the mindset of guys like Phil Savage, Rex Hogan, David Carr, and Dave Nejweh. Very intelligent and professional group Joe Douglas has assembled. Loved Saleh saying, "Disagreement is normal in the organization. It's a good thing and it's never personal."

Not Dave Nejweh.  Greg Nejmeh.  Awesome guy.  Grew up a Jets fan and bleeds green for more than just a paycheck.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

@SAR I is right. It was cool but this was framed as an experience with unheard of access to the franchise. It wasn’t that. It was fluff, it was cool, but it was fluff. 

More insight into how the trade for AVT got done or some footage of Douglas leading up to the decision to making the Darnold trade would’ve been super compelling. Also if they actually mentioned some of their backup plans if they failed to get their primary targets would’ve been cool.

All of this. 

It is slickly produced, but I didn't feel like I learnt anything new from watching it. Needed more non-Florham Park footage. Wanted to see some of the footage of the pro days, of behind the scenes Jets stuff in Cleveland on draft weekend, and as you say the Darnold trade and the move up for AVT. 

The Carolina one was better.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

There’s no way they’re gonna mention other targets. That just sets them up to be compared in the future. “Looks like Jets should have taken xyz”

• Upvote 2

So I’ve read all the comments and then watched the vids. Here is my take. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Just imagine how much film they must have collected to bring us these two hours. It was a huge continual effort going way back and it was all for the fans. Furthermore the discussion was invariably detailed and insightful without giving away top secrets.

Of course I would like more post-draft material. Who wouldn’t? But the only way to get more of the same is to avoid spitting out the first bite.

So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, keep sharing with the fans! We love it!

• Upvote 1

This is probably the first time in many years where the media dept could put release so much behind the scenes, real life footage and NOT have it cause people to give up their season tickets lmao.

Could you imagine this kind of access while Gase and his Hobbit or Mac were still here? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it probably wouldn't have gone over the way this has...

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.  A few injuries or players falling short of expectations and 6 wins will look realistic.

No such occurrences and I can agree with your assessment.

Saleh's predecessor was able to cobble together 7 wins against a similarly easy schedule with the most injuries in team history including being down to his 3rd string quarterback for a month.

Injuries are no excuse for the 8 win mandate.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Alka said:

The way I see it, 6 wins this year is a lay-up, 7 wins is a foul shot, and 8 wins is a 15 foot jumper.  9 wins is a 3 point shot.  10 wins for the Jets this year is a shot 3 feet beyond the 3 point line, and 11 wins is a half court shot.  

The lay up is 100%.  The foul shot is 80%.  The 15 foot jumper is 60%, the 3 point shot is 33%,  the shot 3 feet beyond the 3 point shot is 10%, and the shot at half court is about 3%.

They promised no math.

SAR I

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

is right. It was cool but this was framed as an experience with unheard of access to the franchise. It wasn’t that. It was fluff, it was cool, but it was fluff. 

Exactly.  And its a shame.  It could have been much more.

SAR I

5 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

All of this. 

It is slickly produced, but I didn't feel like I learnt anything new from watching it. Needed more non-Florham Park footage. Wanted to see some of the footage of the pro days, of behind the scenes Jets stuff in Cleveland on draft weekend, and as you say the Darnold trade and the move up for AVT. 

The Carolina one was better.

?... ?

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Of course  it's going to be fluff. At the end of the day this is nothing more than an advertisement put together by the PR department. That being said, it's still entertainment and a very, albeit edited, small "behind the scenes" perspective for the fans. Which is precisely what these videos are. 

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have no idea what that means.  I'm the biggest fan on the site.  I just think the documentary was superficial and I thought there would be a little more insight.  Like perhaps Sam being told we're not moving forward with him, a conversation with Zach's father or agent, Saleh saying something that isn't from the new-coach-rhetoric-playbook, that sort of thing.  Not to mention, there have been over a dozen OTA's and gatherings, classroom instruction, not a single piece of that either.

This was essentially a 120 minute version of one of the Jets 1 minute videos.  Fluff.

SAR I

You had to watch 2 hrs worth to figure that out?   It’s Jets PR, so what did you expect?
Will you watch the next 4 episodes to confirm your feelings?

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Saleh's predecessor was able to cobble together 7 wins against a similarly easy schedule with the most injuries in team history including being down to his 3rd string quarterback for a month.

Injuries are no excuse for the 8 win mandate.

SAR I

Fair enough.  I was being polite.

I do not see the Jets winning 8 games in this or any alternative universe this year.

• Thumb Down 1

23 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The thing I learned from the series is the staff wasn't blowing smoke when they said they had Moore and Carter ranked VERY high on their board.

It wasn't just BS post-draft speak.

That's exciting to me! 

This. The single most important piece of new information in that documentary with the clip from the pre-draft meetings where are the analytics Department said that they had Elijah Moore ranked as the 16th best player in the draft. That's not post-draft talkin up a guy who you picked. That's The Scouting Department legitimately saying, before the draft, that they ranked a player in the top half of the first round

• Upvote 2