Flight 2021 Documentary

11 hours ago, TeddEY said:

OH MAN... JUST STARTED EPISODE 3.

THEY TRADED SAM DARNOLD?

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!

I loved that the scouting department called him “sneaky athletic.” IT’S OKAY TO BE A GOOD ATHLETE AND WHITE, GUYS. NOTHING SNEAKY THERE.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PS17 said:

Where can I find this hoodie?

E488F6A4-5F1B-43AB-855C-A13719F6B738.jpeg

https://www.jetsshop.com/mens-nike-green-new-york-jets-sideline-impact-hoodie-performance-long-sleeve-t-shirt/p-36411491255003+z-9522-127056312

Sold out right now. I used the little chat-bot on the site to ask about future availability and they can't give stocking information. 

Far safer bet than a jersey with some player's name on the back that's going to be cut, traded, bust or caught in massage shenanigans.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

https://www.jetsshop.com/mens-nike-green-new-york-jets-sideline-impact-hoodie-performance-long-sleeve-t-shirt/p-36411491255003+z-9522-127056312

Sold out right now. I used the little chat-bot on the site to ask about future availability and they can't give stocking information. 

Far safer bet than a jersey with some player's name on the back that's going to be cut, traded, bust or caught in massage shenanigans.

I don’t buy jerseys anymore. They’re horrible investments. I’m also an adult.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I've really loved all of these Flight 2021 clips. I know they are meant to be feel good fluff pieces but I've enjoyed seeing the dynamics with the staff and also putting a face and personality to a bunch of the FO/Coach staff that I only know by name.                                 Watched the Elijah Moore video that posted today. Didn't think I could manage to be more excited for this kid but I think it happened lol 

One think I keep wondering- How much of this footage and the interviews were filmed during the time they are talking about and not after the fact. I assume the individual interviews are done after the fact. As far as when they are watching and discussing flim, is there any chance that stuff was actually filmed "live" prior to the draft.                              There is a clip in episode 3 where one scout is going over film on Mike Carter RB and at one point he says this guy is my favorite player in the draft. It made me wonder if there was any chance at all that clip was actually filmed before they drafted him. I'm thinking not.

1 hour ago, Russh29 said:

A question...the yellow helmet in Coach Saleh's office, top left in the attached picture, I presume it's a college or maybe HS team (I'm in the UK so my knowledge of those isn't great) but which one ? 

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 11.50.32.png

Jets new helmet when Woody relocates them to UK

• Haha 1

Just watched all four...WOW.  Of course it's curated and is basically a marketing/propaganda piece but it is very well done and left me with great confidence in the team we have working to make our team better.

The collaboration and unity jumps off the page.  Compare that to the disfunction we've had recently and it's a breath of fresh air.

The consideration given to player talent and scheme fit.  Will surely help our younger players make an impact sooner.

And then there's the difference between Salah and Gase.  Salah is incredibly inspirational, personable.  Gase a downer.

I came away eager to engage with, watch and root for this team.  Compared to how I felt being talked down to by Gase for 2 years I literally can't wait to see what comes next for this team.

1 hour ago, Russh29 said:

A question...the yellow helmet in Coach Saleh's office, top left in the attached picture, I presume it's a college or maybe HS team (I'm in the UK so my knowledge of those isn't great) but which one ? 

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 11.50.32.png

I believe that is the Northern Michigan University.

I loved the part where Lafleur breaks down Zach's progressions on that one play going through 4 reads before releasing the ball. I also liked how he describes how Zach stays in the pocket with his eyes down the field with pressure. 

Another good part when they were discussing AVT "Is there a chance he is there at 23?"

"No."

"No, we will have to move up to get him."

Or the part where Joe discusses how AVT can recover from a bad situation. Having his pad levels too high, arms away from his body and the opponent helmet at his number. Joe Says "He goes into Godzilla Mode", to put the guy into the ground.

What I took from this 4 part series wasn't that they got solid FAs or draftees with potential, that they have a FO filled with competent men who are good at their jobs. They know how to navigate a draft board to get their player, understand that they are only willing to pay a player for what they are worth...not a penny more, and evaluate & bring in talent that will benefit the Jets in the present & future while not mortgaging the future on a player that is past their prime. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I was surprised when the head scout said Zach Wilson has good but not elite arm strength.

That should have been edited out.  Someone got beat up in meetings this morning for that.

Quite a few scouts and analysts think that. It is actually one of the reasons I am so excited about Zach. First of all he absolutely has elite arm strength unless in your mind to be elite you have to have a Allen/Mahomes arm. But they think that because Zach throws at all different speeds and almost never above the speed needed. Doing that is a far greater trait then just throwing a fastball every pass. People may forget that people said for quite a while that Rodgers had good but not elite arm strength for the same reason.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, Mike135 said:

Granted I started watching this at 1am... but it was putting me to sleep.

Listening to 5 people congratulate every draft pick with the same comments every time was painful.

They should have called it Jets Draft Recap Two Months Too Late.  

The only bit of new information is getting to see the person who books the car service.  Compelling entertainment. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1