Raiders DL Carl Nassib comes out as gay. (No mention of Bill Belichick being a scumbag)

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Thank you and exactly! I'm a dad and I do what I'm supposed to do I fought for custody of my children and I've worked my whole life and I'm a white man in his late forties where is my goddamn parade!?

I legit didn't even read all the drama but then accidentally read this post. 

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pointman said:

Your avatar creeps me the fuu out every time. Without fail. Every time. 

It's exactly why I switched to it. He is one the planets league leaders in creepiness. 

I sort of have to change it now that DW can no longer be a Jet after his penile escapades. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, freestater said:

"Internet tough guy" 

You're literally the only jackass here wailing uselessly to the void about all these awful gays being proud about who they are. I'll discontinue this now, because your little "prancing" comments fly way to close to ignorant bigoted sh*t I've heard for decades. 

Sorry that gay people existing hurts your feelings so, snowflake. 

Oh man!!!!

You + me = gay irony police!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

It's exactly why I switched to it. He is one the planets league leaders in creepiness. 

I sort of have to change it now that DW can no longer be a Jet after his penile escapades. 

There was a tv show episode where a regular guy has to where makeup to look like someone else. That someone else was some creepy fella. Somehow, that makeup made him act in a way he never did before, acting much like the creep himself. I know its tv, but I say this to say... makeup/avatar, not that far off. Just sayin'.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'm not here to be PC, I just tell the truth from my own experience and day-to-day life. And if you take shots at me I'm not going to take it lying down.

but nassib's day-to-day life is as an nfl player, not a fan posting on a message board.  and in the nfl, he is the only active player to come out as gay.  so his day-to-day and your day-to-day are not exactly the same.

you are right that it would be better to live in a world where something like this is a non-story.  however, we don't live in this world, certainly not as it relates to being a professional football player.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Some here are so ignorant. This will open the door for the first player to come out as straight

You should do a bit of reading. Like seriously, it will help you to understand a bit on colective identities and their dynamics in society.

What you said, doesn't really make any sense - even considering it's sarcasm.

It just demonstrates that you have no idea what you are taking about.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I honestly have nothing against anybody and what I was trying to say is all the segregation keeps us down the celebration of everybody's differences points out that we're different instead of focusing on what we have in common.

What segregation?

We ARE all different. We have a long history of down playing difference it is what led to segregation, racism, etc. This has only proven out since the beginning of society. 

We need to learn how to appreciate our differences if we’re ever going to see our commonalities - part of that is give other walks of life a safe space to say, “This is me.”

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, pointman said:

I legit didn't even read all the drama but then accidentally read this post. 

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

unfortunately bro sometimes when you read texts you don't realize the person's mood. It happens a lot I'm actually laughing and having a cocktail and just having fun. Just talkin smack.

4 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

You should do a bit of reading. Like seriously, it will help you to understand a bit on colective identities and their dynamics in society.

What you said, doesn't really make any sense - even considering it's sarcasm.

It just demonstrates that you have no idea what you are taking about.

What should I read ? Please recommend.  I’ll wait 

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

unfortunately bro sometimes when you read texts you don't realize the person's mood. It happens a lot I'm actually laughing and having a cocktail and just having fun. Just talkin smack.

Sometimes, somethings don't need voice inflection or atmospheric condition to determine intent or the presence of ignorance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What segregation?

We ARE all different. We have a long history of down playing difference it is what led to segregation, racism, etc. This has only proven out since the beginning of society. 

We need to learn how to appreciate our differences if we’re ever going to see our commonalities - part of that is give other walks of life a safe space to say, “This is me.”

^^

When an ape is more socially evolved than you.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What segregation?

I agree and it's tough to express over a message board decades upon decades of life and how you've lived.

Maybe I'll say it like this me and my friends and family are cool we don't need to be appreciated individually. Everybody is accepted including their differences. It's old news.

If you actually check the first thing I wrote I said it makes me feel weighted down like I'm turning backwards and looking behind me.

The only point I was trying to make is if you're the first female black lesbian referee in the NFL oh, and I'm Loosely using stereotypical stuff, don't you think that person just wants to be considered just like everybody else? I think it's an insult to do a documentary about it to the individual. Maybe they just like football and wanted to be a good referee?  Do you understand my point? I mentioned the two players in the NFL that are only playing with one hand, do you think that's the only thing they want to be recognized for?

Or do you think they just want to fit in and go about their business and be known as a good football player?

I spoke my mind on a public forum and if you guys want to jump me that's all well and good I am thick-skinned. I was really trying to make a point though that if we want to all be considered equal to stop pointing out our differences and having celebrations about them.

So we have the first African / Asian Pacific American woman vice president? I don't really care as long as she's good at her job why keep bringing that up!? She's not being recognized for her accomplishments, but for her gender and heritage?  I really only care if she's a good vice president.

The point of my post was stop making me look backwards if you want to move forward.

that's my peace-

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I agree and it's tough to express over a message board decades upon decades of life and how you've lived.

Maybe I'll say it like this me and my friends and family are cool we don't need to be appreciated individually. Everybody is accepted including their differences. It's old news.

If you actually check the first thing I wrote I said it makes me feel weighted down like I'm turning backwards and looking behind me.

The only point I was trying to make is if you're the first female black lesbian referee in the NFL oh, and I'm Loosely using stereotypical stuff, don't you think that person just wants to be considered just like everybody else? I think it's an insult to do a documentary about it to the individual. Maybe they just like football and wanted to be a good referee?  Do you understand my point? I mentioned the two players in the NFL that are only playing with one hand, do you think that's the only thing they want to be recognized for?

Or do you think they just want to fit in and go about their business and be known as a good football player?

I spoke my mind on a public forum and if you guys want to jump me that's all well and good I am thick-skinned. I was really trying to make a point though that if we want to all be considered equal to stop pointing out our differences and having celebrations about them.

So we have the first African / Asian Pacific American woman vice president? I don't really care as long as she's good at her job why keep bringing that up!? She's not being recognized for her accomplishments, but for her gender and heritage?  I really only care if she's a good vice president.

The point of my post was stop making me look backwards if you want to move forward.

that's my peace-

Break Up GIF by grown-ish

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

I apologize too. Got my feather boa all ruffled. Had a lot of people say/do/try sh*t with me over the years due to my sexuality. It can agitate me easily. I guess I'd just like to impress upon you that my experience isn't unique or even rare. Carl has probably got life pretty good and if he never came out of the closet, at least publicly, it might not affect him much. But from what I gather, he's not doing it for that reason. He's doing it because out in some little town, there's a gay kid who is scared to death to tell his loved ones, his family, his friends..that he's different. That he's not one of them. And he is scared to death he'll lose everything if he dares tell other people who he is. That's who this matters to. It's important that those people coming up after know that this difference in their life wont cost them everything. That, despite some people not liking them or whatever, there's a community that is going to make sure that somewhere down the line, it WILL get better. That representation matters. It saves lives. Carl helped someone out in the world today by bravely facing the most testosterone-filled sports world and telling them his truth. Closets are for clothes. They're dark, they're stagnant, and they only have room for one. It's a lonely place. And for the rest of my life, I'll happily celebrate any person finally, joyfully and triumphantly walking out of theirs. 

Well said and on that I will put this thread to rest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1