How confident are you that Zach will be a top-quartile QB?

jgb

Zach Wilson  

121 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you in this statement: "Zach Wilson will become a top-8 NFL QB"

• I always have full confidence in the next Jets savior until he proves otherwise.
    • Recklessly confident. Only injuries/a terrible team situation can hold him back. If he doesn't succeed, it is someone/something else's fault.
    • Cautiously confident. I like everything I see but there is so much that goes into it (mental part of his game, team situation, etc.) that it is impossible to ever be fully on board.
    • On the fence. I have no guts and don't want to be wrong on the Internet.
    • Worried. I have concerns but hey I could be wrong and hoping for the best.
    • Debbie Downer. I do not believe he has a chance to be a top QB.
    • All drafted QBs are busts until proven otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Well  there you have it.  The piss man has spoken.

What quarterbacks are in the 2023 draft?  

The most Jetsy thing possible: Jets have #1 pick when Arch Manning comes out and the Manning family can complete a hat trick of screwing over the Jets.

My mantra is "Hope and root, but Verify".

So I chose "All drafted QBs are busts until proven otherwise."

Until I see him play in an actual NFL game, I don't feel like I should have any actual confidence in his future top 8 status.

He's a good prospect, with a career-to-date in college we've debated endlessly, we all know it.

I want to see some pro play before I start predicting perennial top 10 NFL QB, lol.

• Upvote 1

I said on the fence/no guts.

I like what I see and I'm optimistic he'll be a quality QB.

But upper quartile means Top 8. That puts him in a class with, say, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson.

We should all be pretty thrilled if it plays out that way but I'm not bold enough to predict it.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I hope my radar is off but I just don't see ZW being successful with this team.

I dont love the situation rookie HC, OC, DC, QB coupled with all the young players.  It hasnt worked since the Jimmy Johnson led Cowboys.  That said, I do like what I've seen from the coaching staff and they seem to think he's a great system fit, so who knows. What I do like is that JD has surrounded the kid with talent so at least for once, we wont have the weaponz excuse.  You're getting a true look at him but yeah, I dont see him being a top 8 QB but hope I'm wrong.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

I hope my radar is off but I just don't see ZW being successful with this team.

Agree if you said  that team, meaning last year. But, Jets seem to be doing everything to make the team better around him. Yet, I’m still a block away or so from even cautiously optimistic. Same time, looking forward to this season more than I have in a decade. 

Not sure where he would rank, but following is what I would like to see from Zach statistically:

17 starts (no injuries).  60+% Completions,  Less than 1 pick per game.  More TDs than picks.  Better numbers in Nov/Dec than Sep/Oct.  Regardless of where he would rank - I would be happy with this kind of rookie year.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure where he would rank, but following is what I would like to see from Zach statistically:

17 starts (no injuries).  60+% Completions,  Less than 1 pick per game.  More TDs than picks.  Better numbers in Nov/Dec than Sep/Oct.  Regardless of where he would rank - I would be happy with this kind of rookie year.

I would be happy to watch all seventeen games without whipping the remote control at the tv. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sacking up and having one?

My opinion of Wilson In shorts and a red jersey running the offense against a defense the jets coaches coordinated together while simultaneously trying to evaluate the new defense was mostly positive based on the “with a”  tweets by dudes that never played football  that I happened to see while scrolling through a thread on the internet 

better ?

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

My opinion of Wilson In shorts and a red jersey running the offense against a defense the jets coaches coordinated together while simultaneously trying to evaluate the new defense was mostly positive based on the “with a”  tweets by dudes that never played football  that I happened to see while scrolling through a thread on the internet 

better ?

I'll mark you down as cautiously confident, thank you.

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If this guy doesn’t work out for us I’m convinced we will never have a franchise qb 

If he doesn't work out the Jets should buttress searching for a FQB in the draft by taking some shots in FA (I'm talking about Staffords, not Flaccos). QBs are becoming more mobile (career-wise) than ever before. If you can't build it, buy it.

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If this guy doesn’t work out for us I’m convinced we will never have a franchise qb 

Bah.  I'll just blindly root for the next guy.  

At least the front office appears to be top notch.  The team at a minimum will be competitive and worth watching each week even if Wilson busts.  

This is going to be a run first team anyway.  

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

What I do like is that JD has surrounded the kid with talent so at least for once, we wont have the weaponz excuse.

I wish we could all make a pact now to not blame weaponz if Zach busts but we all know that a subset of the fanbase will never accept a highly-drafted QB just sucks. There are people here who still believe Jets failed to develop Geno Smith and he was a 2nd rounder and is a detestable human being.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3