Jump to content

BREAKING: NFL Lifting One Helmet Rule


Recommended Posts

The NFL is called the No Fun League for a reason…all these restrictions. Its sports, let teams where whatever jerseys, helmets, colors etc they want, whenever, mixed with whatever they want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

Can't wait until the current uniforms become throwbacks.  Can't happen soon enough.

Back to the classics with the new green is my guess.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Back to the classics with the new green is my guess.

yeah. They prb keep the funky helmet.  No likey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

yeah. They prb keep the funky helmet.  No likey.

I think 80 meant the classic uni, white classic helmet just the current green as the base uniform color.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I don’t really think it’s the helmets…

D901B5CB-F126-4C09-953D-9A908030FCAB.jpeg

For me, it is.  I like the metallic green color, but just think the white helmet is iconic.  

Put the white helmet on the current uniform then add a black alternate with the black jersey and I'll stop complaining.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.jpeg.32de52afca31eceee0a8883f55c3ab6e.jpeg

image.thumb.png.92e6193b78a67c65ccb4096327e7aa86.png

 

Can anyone with photoshop skills and time to waste flip the colors on the helmet?  White helmet with green logo.  Maybe white or green bars? 

They could keep the current green helmet for the black jersey since it almost looks black in certain angles.  

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Can anyone with photoshop skills and time to waste flip the colors on the helmet?  White helmet with green logo.  Maybe white or green bars? 

They could keep the current green helmet for the black jersey since it almost looks black in certain angles.  

Do not request things like this.  That is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such.  Per NFL rules:

The Jets primary Green and White uniforms cannot be paired with an alternate helmet.

The Jets alternate Black uniform can be paired with an alternate helmet with the existing logo.

If the Jets are to go with a throwback uniform it must be paired with a helmet and logo authentic to the throwback uniform.

  • Black helmet with current black uniform.
  • '68/'18 helmet with '68/'18 uniform.
  • '09 Titans helmet with '09 Titans uniform.
  • '90 helmet with '90 uniform.
  • Some new alternate uniform with a helmet featuring the existing logo.

Those are your only options.

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’m awesome 

 

 

92024BDB-6B67-4163-AE06-7DDE36300E5B.jpeg

D3A5AC4D-6027-4189-B9DB-D49789F6A94C.jpeg

Pretty horrid.

Thank god this isnt happening, I'd stop requesting it right now.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

image.thumb.jpeg.32de52afca31eceee0a8883f55c3ab6e.jpeg

image.thumb.png.92e6193b78a67c65ccb4096327e7aa86.png

 

Can anyone with photoshop skills and time to waste flip the colors on the helmet?  White helmet with green logo.  Maybe white or green bars? 

They could keep the current green helmet for the black jersey since it almost looks black in certain angles.  

 

What about these man?

image.png.303ed9133c038a3ea037c6dd88e745ab.png

White a GREEN STRIPE and a GREEN facemask I think it'll look sick and similar to this one (below).

image.png.5a9f27961af89ad8a115dd9df7cc45e6.png

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What about these man?

image.png.303ed9133c038a3ea037c6dd88e745ab.png

White a GREEN STRIPE and a GREEN facemask I think it'll look sick and similar to this one (below).

image.png.5a9f27961af89ad8a115dd9df7cc45e6.png

 

The top one was what I was going for.  Obviously I don’t have the skills or time to pull that off, but I like it.  The stripe down the middle would be great. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Never 

Yeah, havent noticed that everyone who posts has a different request they'd like to see to the uniform?  Or realize that crying for a white helmet, that looks horrid, or whatever is never going to happen?

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, havent noticed that everyone who posts has a different request they'd like to see to the uniform?  Or realize that crying for a white helmet, that looks horrid, or whatever is never going to happen?

I see grown men having a discussion. But I don't see anyone "crying". But I do see someone crying about grown men having a discussion (YOU 😂).

21989.jpg.6ea8b99b3d889d9f370ebdd797918a24.jpg

If you think that Football helmet looks "horrid" well then I'm sorry but you're the one who doesn't know what classy looks like. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd love it with a green face mask too because the black has to go. 

Yeah, green or even white would work.

Looks clean and classic! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I see grown men having a discussion. But I don't see anyone "crying". But I do see someone crying about grown men having a discussion (YOU 😂).

21989.jpg.6ea8b99b3d889d9f370ebdd797918a24.jpg

If you think that Football helmet looks "horrid" well then I'm sorry but you're the one who doesn't know what classy looks like. 

I see different posts, all with what they would like to see in our uniform.  I know that there will never be a consensus on anything each individual would like.  You thank thats me crying, thats your interpretation?  Fine 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadline for teams to submit to the league alternate helmets/unis for 2022 season is July 31.  I don’t know if that means they need to submit their design, or just submit their intent to do so and design can come later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Deadline for teams to submit to the league alternate helmets/unis for 2022 season is July 31.  I don’t know if that means they need to submit their design, or just submit their intent to do so and design can come later.

I’m sure it was the black helmet Woody was posting about last month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’m sure it was the black helmet Woody was posting about last month. 

I’m sure that’s what it will be too, but im still hoping for an authentic Namath eta throwback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I’m sure it was the black helmet Woody was posting about last month. 

Agreed. And that’s going to suck because the green helmet looks best against the black uniforms.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

Deadline for teams to submit to the league alternate helmets/unis for 2022 season is July 31.  I don’t know if that means they need to submit their design, or just submit their intent to do so and design can come later.

Hmm.  So which story should I be following closer that day?  The Helmet Submission deadline or the MLB trade deadline?  Very tough call…

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hmm.  So which story should I be following closer that day?  The Helmet Submission deadline or the MLB trade deadline?  Very tough call…

As a Pirates fan, MLB trade deadline day is usually depressing….I’ll go with option C. NHL free agency day 4.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...