Steelers release David DeCastro

He rated out as 8 by Pro football reference, who I like much better then PFF.  Not what he once was 15, but still much better then average.  Van Roten was a 4.

This guy could be VERY  valuable to the Jets.  Unless the intrest in Moses is about concern about Becton foot/weight.

At any rate I'd be on the phone NOW.  Hell Jets have the money, sign both he and Moses.  That would be a top OL IMO

Edit: Just read @Mogglez post.  Maybe not so much.  :) 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The #Steelers released veteran guard David DeCastro.  Any chance the Jets are interested?  He would definitely be an upgrade over Van Roten.

maybe except Steelers one of smartest Front Offices around. They know exactly when to cut ties on vets going down, they get rid of guys who start to show ThugTurd potential and they smartly will keep a player maybe rated a % pt or 2 lower cause he on rookie deal and Vet has his rookie deal ending in a year or worse yet it has ended. The do this w/RBs all the time and the RBs dont always flourish when cut. I am interested to see how John Conner does in Zona. I have him in Fantasy and am praying (as HC has been saying) its a 50/50 split with Conner getting the goal line carries

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Never sign a player released by the Steelers, it rarely works out. See lev bell, santonio Holmes, plaxico Buress, mike Webster, Antonio brown, etc.

Yeah when the Steelers passed on Mims and drafted Claypool that's when I knew we ****ed up.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Never sign a player released by the Steelers, it rarely works out. See lev bell, santonio Holmes, plaxico Buress, mike Webster, Antonio brown, etc.

Plax and Holmes were great for us at first. Bell is just a chubby, old high mileage running back with a bad case of Jamal Mouth. 

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Didn't Plaxico win a Super Bowl with the Giants?  S. Holmes was good for year here as well.

My only issue with Holmes here (besides his garbage attitude towards the end) was that he got too much love and cost us bringing back The Great One. AKA Braylon The Juice Edwards.

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Alan Faneca?

Pretty sure the Giants enjoyed Burress before he shot himself.   Joey Porter had like 20 sacks for the fins.  Remember when we all loved Steve McLendon?   Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Nate Washington. It's happened but in general, the Steelers are pretty incredible at knowing when to move on from a player.

• Upvote 3