What Jet player do you predict will be biggest disappointment this year?

Tough call. Easy to pick a top chosen rookie QB if he doesnt really play well, but I am leaning into picking more a player we have high hopes for in new scheme or a proven consistent Vet that mat reach top of rollercoaster and start slide down talent wise.

I am going to pick a guy I originally was very high on in new scheme and based on last  few games of 2020.

I hate gearing 'uhoh' quotes about Herndon. I been around long enough to know when beat writers are doing coaches a favor in getting word out a Vet may be in trouble.

Sadly, it appears (he always has been know for average practice performances) Herndon's style isnt meshing with Saleh and unless he starts to practice like every day is Super Bowl he may end up cut or traded for 7th Rd pick to a team that loses a TE in camp.

Cashman may be in trouble also. Appears he doesnt fit this hybrid OLB mold (which I LOVE) that Saleh wants to utilize.

Your choices for Jet Hashmark of Year (cant be turd as this based on talent , not being a bad person or doing something done)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson. Not because I’m rooting for him to fail, but because you’re all a bunch of unrealistic lunatics and the expectations you have for him are based  in LSD and 13 different personality disord

Braden Mann, but only for the sexiest reasons.

Mims is a great start.  But quite frankly, I'm prepared for all involved to disappoint me.  It's just beaten in to me.

Posted Images

worried about mims - don’t know why he was working with the 2’s in ota’s - had such high hopes for him - gonna watch training camp reports closely- also agree about herndon - these guys have to practice with their hair on fire

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

This is hard to call!!! All players have to prove something and not everyone is a guarantee a roster spot on this team. I believe alot of players especially veterans need to prove to the coaching staff that they still worth alot to this team. 

I will wait for the final cut downs, and see who is gone!!! Right now I can't predict anything because this is mostly players learning the new system that is installed. I say by training camp and preseason we will see who stays or goes.

7 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

worried about mims - don’t know why he was working with the 2’s in ota’s - had such high hopes for him - gonna watch training camp reports closely- also agree about herndon - these guys have to practice with their hair on fire

agree w/mims,,, 

the good news with mims is we for once have a loaded position room with talent

4 minutes ago, AL047 said:

This is hard to call!!! All players have to prove something and not everyone is a guarantee a roster spot on this team. I believe alot of players especially veterans need to prove to the coaching staff that they still worth alot to this team. 

I will wait for the final cut downs, and see who is gone!!! Right now I can't predict anything because this is mostly players learning the new system that is installed. I say by training camp and preseason we will see who stays or goes.

obviously early. Gee this is for fun, we all know camp and preseason and whole season will dictate the person who ends up a dud. I guess you want to wait till its obvious..this is for guessing with some rational thought

I wont ask for for jets predicted record until after final 17th game😉

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Lawson is a good player and he’ll probably have a good season, but he averages like 6 sacks a year and I can’t imagine people being satisfied with that.

If Lawson gets 6, Quinnen gets 8, Rankins and Curry get 4 each, with all of them applying consistent pressure, I think we’ll be happy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Lawson is a good player and he’ll probably have a good season, but he averages like 6 sacks a year and I can’t imagine people being satisfied with that.

Ya, I am hoping this scheme gets him in all 3 downs. He implied in interview I saw that Cinncy O didnt cater to that but Saleh did gave his chance to play all 3 downs. We will see

15 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

Everyone should remember that the Jets are running the West Coast offense this year not Gase's offense!!! He needs time to adjust to this system, that's another reason Zack Wilson was pick as QB because they ran a similar offense at BYU. 

All the WR's not named Crowder.

Zack, obviously, as the hype is massive and exceeding this places current expectations for him borderline impossible.

The entire Defense, especially Lawson.

The Coaching staff.

I mean really, objectively, expectations should be set pretty low this year (eliminating "being disappointed" due to overhype) given the almost total changeover of the roster, the number of young/inexperienced players, the lack of time playing together, and the new staff and new system they're all trying to implement.

Asking Fans to be reasonable is like asking Lemmings not to fall off a cliff, but for for 2021, it's warranted.  Nothing about 2021 is a sure thing for the Jets, and no one should have such expectations they'll be all that disappointed if X or Y isn't great.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Everyone should remember that the Jets are running the West Coast offense this year not Gase's offense!!! He needs time to adjust to this system, that's another reason Zack Wilson was pick as QB because they ran a similar offense at BYU. 

agree but you can tell these quotes were more related to work ethic. You could smell the hints in the articles. In last presser Saleh expression changed whne mentioing Herndon name. Like I said I hope he catches on but Saleh wont tolerate a [player who doesnt go all out in week.

I know there have been HOF players who suck during week and then explode on gameday but you need a coach to allow that and that a tricky thing for Saleh ot allow in his FIRST HC gig.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Zack, obviously, as the hype is massive and exceeding this places current expectations for him borderline impossible.

The Coaching staff.

I mean really, objectively, expectations should be set pretty low this year (eliminating "being disappointed" due to overhype) given the almost total changeover of the roster, the number of young/inexperienced players, the lack of time playing together, and the new staff and new system they're all trying to implement.

Asking Fans to be reasonable is like asking Lemmings not to fall off a cliff, but for for 2021, it's warranted.  Nothing about 2021 is a sure thing for the Jets, and no one should have such expectations they'll be all that disappointed if X or Y isn't great.

I think the WR group will, collectively, produce nicely.  Just don't draft any of them in your fantasy league unless some injuries occur.  Because at this time, there's really no way to know WHICH of them will pop.  

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Coaching staff.

its like this thread was created for you!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Obviously we want him to get more sacks, but if he had an identical year this season that he did last, other guys like Rankins, Q, Foley and JFM will end up with high sack #s cleaning up Lawson's pressures. 

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Coaching staff.

i kinda think the biggest disappointment will be crowder.  not that he wont be as good as usual but the other wrs will be targeted more and saleh may choose to play the young guys.

I hate to say it but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Becton. He's been unable to stay healthy and appeared to not be in the best of shape during his action last year. His recent foot injury is a killer as it will limit his ability to work out and control his weight. JD's slow dance with Moses might actually be a warning shot across the bow to the Big Ticket to get serious about his chosen career or he'll wind up in Houston. Now that wouldn't be a "happy ending".

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, ncjetman said:

Connor Hughes mentioned on a recent podcast that Mims dealt with a food poisoning issue throughout OTAs so that might have contributed to his sub par performance. Said he ended up losing weight as a result of it. Can only hope he bounces back in training camp.

Zach Wilson. Not because I’m rooting for him to fail, but because you’re all a bunch of unrealistic lunatics and the expectations you have for him are based  in LSD and 13 different personality disorders.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone who even has expectations for Herdon is kidding themselves at the point. He’s a proven failure and doesn’t belong in the league.

Mims is the obvious answer as all the signs are terrible. 

Beckton. I'm not saying this will happen. Teams have a year of tape on him. Because of his size, they could find out what pass rush moves give him trouble. Last year he wasn't beaten much, but when he was, it was inside moves. We'll see.

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Connor Hughes mentioned on a recent podcast that Mims dealt with a food poisoning issue throughout OTAs so that might have contributed to his sub par performance. Said he ended up losing weight as a result of it. Can only hope he bounces back in training camp.

Was he standing around and minding his own business?

• Confused 1