The Jets are Heading to London and Here’s Your Chance to do the Same and Catch the Game

Update for those wondering about covid implications.

If the game is cancelled or fans are not allowed into the stadium, people will receive a full refund.

We suggest people do not book their flights, until final payment to avoid hassles with the airlines in the event the game was cancelled or it was announced no fans would be allowed into the game.

For what it's worth. We had 45,000 fans in Wembley yesterday as part of our gradual increase in capacity at open air events. There has also been another push to get everyone over 18 at least their first dose of the various vaccines available. 

There is nothing at the moment to suggest our football season (which starts in August) won't all be played at full capacity. So providing there are no unforeseen complications or variants I'd imagine this game will go ahead with no issues.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2021 at 12:02 AM, AFJF said:

Whether folks are doing this deal or going out to London on their own I'd love to try to set up a night or two in London with some fellow Jets fans.  Happy to play tour guide in London for anyone who's game.

Might pop over actually. Will let you know.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

He'll be fine. Because of the international break that weekend, there'll be no poverty stricken drunk soccer fans in London to thow up over his rental BMW. ?

Words already out that SAR is no his way.  Practice.  

3350.jpg?width=300&quality=45&auto=forma

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, British Jet said:

For what it's worth. We had 45,000 fans in Wembley yesterday as part of our gradual increase in capacity at open air events. There has also been another push to get everyone over 18 at least their first dose of the various vaccines available. 

There is nothing at the moment to suggest our football season (which starts in August) won't all be played at full capacity. So providing there are no unforeseen complications or variants I'd imagine this game will go ahead with no issues.

Quick question if you don't mind:

Based on the stadium where the Jets Falcons game is being played at, what region of London would be best to book a hotel at?

I've stayed in the Kensington area several times but it looks like that's far away.  Not sure about Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and whether its best to stay close by or if its cool to be farther away.

We're going to make a three-day-weekend out of it, the majority of the time we'll be sightseeing with my youngest who has never been to the UK before, Tower of London, Bridges, Palace, Air Museum, London Eye, Piccadilly, Regent Street, Abbey Road, that sort of thing.  Can we stay in Kensington and take a train to the game or is that foolish and best to stay near the stadium and then figure out ways to get into town for the sightseeing?  What would be the best possible location for a mix of sightseeing and going to the game?

Thanks!

SAR I

On 6/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, British Jet said:

I’ve been hearing London isn’t happening. With variants popping up, and players not being vaccinated, NFL is mostly likely to shut it down. I’d be surprised if it actually happened. 

On 6/24/2021 at 6:02 PM, AFJF said:

Whether folks are doing this deal or going out to London on their own I'd love to try to set up a night or two in London with some fellow Jets fans.  Happy to play tour guide in London for anyone who's game.

Any idea what ticket prices are like for the game? I looked a few weeks ago when this first posted the tickets were going for $600 apiece. What are you seeing on your end?Any idea what the ticket prices are like for the game? I looked a few weeks ago when this first posted the tickets are going for $600 apiece. What are you seeing on your end?

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Any idea what ticket prices are like for the game? I looked a few weeks ago when this first posted the tickets were going for $600 apiece. What are you seeing on your end?Any idea what the ticket prices are like for the game? I looked a few weeks ago when this first posted the tickets are going for $600 apiece. What are you seeing on your end?

Haven't seen anything yet.  Last time I looked I was only able to register to "show interest" but no info beyond that.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, AFJF said:

Sorry, just updated.  Includes land only.

was gonna say - that's incredible.

Regardless, still a good deal. Game ticket, and a couple nights in a hotel will eclipse that pretty quickly. The transportation alone is intriguing. It's a dense city (nothing you new yorkers aren't used to i guess)

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email today from NFL UK, ticket dates are out.

After the unprecedented events of the last 18 months, we can’t wait to welcome fans back to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for live NFL action on 10th and 17th October. We know you are as excited as we are, so here are the ticket sales windows for the return of the NFL London Games.

Information on all pricing will be released on Thursday 5th August and details on how to purchase will be sent 24 hours prior to each sales window.
Premium ticket packages will be available from 10am on Tuesday 10th August, with prices ranging from £259 - £799
NFL Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Season Ticket holders will be able to renew their season tickets from 10am on Thursday 12th August until 10am on Monday 16th August
NFL Wembley Stadium Season Ticket holders will able to purchase Single Game Tickets at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium from 10am on Wednesday 18th August until 5pm on Friday 20th August
General Single Game Ticket Sales will take place from 10am on Wednesday 25th August
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fepidm.epsilon.com%2FCMS%2Fjend%2Funiversal%2Fspacer.gif&t=1628001934&ymreqid=76b5c6ba-61ce-9b97-1c58-620000014e00&sig=Ly8PG2C4kncmINutLCOXBg--~D
General ticket prices will range from £60 - £137 and a pricing map will be made available before the sales windows begin. Keep an eye on our website and social channels for more ticket updates in the coming weeks.
Current Government and National Football League guidelines allow us to sell to full capacity for 2021 London Games. However, should a change in policy prior to the games in October result in a reduction in capacity we may need to cancel tickets and issue refunds to meet new directives. All ticketholders must adhere to NFL and Government Covid/Vaccine/Testing guidelines at the time of the Game otherwise entry to the Stadium will be refused.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

General tickets went on sale 20 minutes ago (10am here). Ticketmaster announced that they would open a queue at 9.30am, for people to wait to get into the site. I clicked it at 9.01 just to see what sort of message I would get. To my surprise, into the queue, I went, #1254. Got my ticket at 10.12 (Section 105).

On another browser, I entered the queue at 9.30 (position #26404), just to hedge my bets - as people seemed to think you'd get booted if you joined too early - last time I checked, still over an hour waiting. Lots of unhappy people.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, SAR I said:

Quick question if you don't mind:

Based on the stadium where the Jets Falcons game is being played at, what region of London would be best to book a hotel at?

I've stayed in the Kensington area several times but it looks like that's far away.  Not sure about Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and whether its best to stay close by or if its cool to be farther away.

We're going to make a three-day-weekend out of it, the majority of the time we'll be sightseeing with my youngest who has never been to the UK before, Tower of London, Bridges, Palace, Air Museum, London Eye, Piccadilly, Regent Street, Abbey Road, that sort of thing.  Can we stay in Kensington and take a train to the game or is that foolish and best to stay near the stadium and then figure out ways to get into town for the sightseeing?  What would be the best possible location for a mix of sightseeing and going to the game?

Thanks!

SAR I

Realise this reply is probably quite a bit late, but I'd say Kensington is fine. 

You could stay in Kings Cross or Tottenham Hale neck of the woods, and you'd technically be nearer the stadium, but the areas aren't as nice (imho) and they aren't as straightforward for getting about the rest of London for your trip. 

If you stay in Kensington, you can just train/tube it to the nearest station and walk - although the walk to the stadium is about 15/20 mins from the station isn't the end of the world. Also means that you'll be nearer a lot of the attractions you mention above - obviously you could public transport to them from Tottenham Hale area, but I'd probably base your location decision on where you'll spend the majority of your trip than the one day you'll be going to Spurs (if that makes sense?). 

Also, I got my ticket a few weeks and I'm giddy with excitement for it, cannot wait. I was still a novice NFL fan when we were here in 2015 so this will be the first time I've seen us over here (been to Metlife 3 times, so not my Jets debut at least). 

Also got a ticket for the Dolphins-Jags the week after but not sure I'll be able to go, but that's not really here nor there if I miss that one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

General tickets went on sale 20 minutes ago (10am here). Ticketmaster announced that they would open a queue at 9.30am, for people to wait to get into the site. I clicked it at 9.01 just to see what sort of message I would get. To my surprise, into the queue, I went, #1254. Got my ticket at 10.12 (Section 105).

On another browser, I entered the queue at 9.30 (position #26404), just to hedge my bets - as people seemed to think you'd get booted if you joined too early - last time I checked, still over an hour waiting. Lots of unhappy people.

The wait was a joke but thankfully I was at work so it didn't bother me. I'm in a sh*tty area for sure but at least I got sorted.

I put my email down for ticket info and they never emailed me. Apparently I wasn't alone. 

Got my ticket today too. Had to wait a while but at least it was easy to see how long the wait would be, site didn't crash or time out, ended up very easy to get my ticket. Had thought it would have been much harder.

"Can't wait!" :D  

9 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

My son got on the queue at 9:40am and there were 46000 folks ahead of him and was shut out by the time it got around to him.  By chance he went back on at 3:30pm & they released a new block of tickets in Section 115.  Looks like I'll be flying across the Pond, a week after attending JN outing on 10/3.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I understand that the UK is generally a very silly place given your adherence to monarchy and haggis, but being angry about not getting to watch Jets vs Falcons is a bit much.

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I understand that the UK is generally a very silly place given your adherence to monarchy and haggis, but being angry about not getting to watch Jets vs Falcons is a bit much.

What they do over there with their monarchy and haggis is weird, but the UK has an awful lot of Fish fans, and tickets for their game against the Jags went on sale at the same time as the Jets game. And I would not be surprised if demand for those tickets would be higher than for our game.

14 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

What they do over there with their monarchy and haggis is weird, but the UK has an awful lot of Fish fans, and tickets for their game against the Jags went on sale at the same time as the Jets game. And I would not be surprised if demand for those tickets would be higher than for our game.

There was definitely a higher demand for the Jags game, because of all the stinking Phish fans in the UK.

I'm going to that game too - son is a Jags' fan - and it there were far fewer tickets for that game left when I got in at around 11am compared to the Jets' game.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't disrespect the haggis!!!  ?

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

Got my ticket today too. Had to wait a while but at least it was easy to see how long the wait would be, site didn't crash or time out, ended up very easy to get my ticket. Had thought it would have been much harder.

"Can't wait!" :D  

How much were tickets going for. Did you shop secondary market?