Worst or most embarrassing concert that you've seen live.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My parents loved Harry Chapin so much they named my sister after him.  No, they didn't name her Harry, lol.  They named her Chapin.  

I'm having one of my usual bad days.   Just went on a diatribe with my son over how much I hate the place I currently reside as well as the overall status of my life.

But your post actually brought a smile to my face and really made me happy.  Really dig your folks and especially love that they gave your sister such a beautiful name.  Absolutely LOVE the name Chapin.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm having one of my usual bad days.   Just went on a diatribe with my son over how much I hate the place I currently reside as well as the overall status of my life.

But your post actually brought a smile to my face and really made me happy.  Really dig you folks and especially love that they gave your sister such a beautiful name.  Absolutely LOVE the name Chapin.

It's a really pretty name.  She didn't appreciate it much when she was younger, because it made her so different and of course kids can be so cruel about names.  Plus people had a tendency to mispronounce it "CHAH-pin" when reading it instead of the correct pronunciation.  But she loves it now.  

A few years back, my Dad actually went to a show performed by one of his brothers (I think it was Tom Chapin), and he managed to speak to Tom before the show.  He mentioned my sister and her name and everything.  So the band dedicated a song to her.  They even did a little back and forth before performing the song, where Tom said:  "This song is dedicated to a young woman whose father named him after my late brother."  The drummer then responded, "He named his daughter Harry???"  ?

Glad you could have a smile on a tough day!  Hope things get better for you.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a really pretty name.  She didn't appreciate it much when she was younger, because it made her so different and of course kids can be so cruel about names.  Plus people had a tendency to mispronounce it "CHAH-pin" when reading it instead of the correct pronunciation.  But she loves it now.  

A few years back, my Dad actually went to a show performed by one of his brothers (I think it was Tom Chapin), and he managed to speak to Tom before the show.  He mentioned my sister and her name and everything.  So the band dedicated a song to her.  They even did a little back and forth before performing the song, where Tom said:  "This song is dedicated to a young woman whose father named him after my late brother."  The drummer then responded, "He named his daughter Harry???"  ?

Glad you could have a smile on a tough day!  Hope things get better for you.  

Fantastic story with Tom Chapin, who I've seen perform a while back.  The interaction with the drummer ("They named her Harry?") is friggin' hilarious.  Yeah, I know personally that it's not fun to have an odd name.

Thanks for the support.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My parents loved Harry Chapin so much they named my sister after him.  No, they didn't name her Harry, lol.  They named her Chapin.  

First concert I ever saw was Harry Chapin at South Side HIgh School in Rockville Centre.  Just Harry on stage with a mike and his guitar.  No backing band.  No big production.  Just Harry.  I was probably about 12 or 13 at the time.  Great memory of an incredible singer-songwriter taken way too early.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Love sites like this:
https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Harry_Chapin

These are the shows I remember seeing:
January 3, 1976 Huntington High School, Huntington, NY (Benefit for the PAF Playhouse. Also performing were Pete Seeger and Tom Chapin)

November 14, 1976 Huntington High School, Huntington, NY (2 shows, with Pete Seeger & Steve Goodman benefit of P.A.F. Playhouse)

March 6, 1977 Huntington High Schol, Huntington, NY (2 shows 2.00 & 8.00, with Kenny Rogers, to benefit PAF Playhouse)

June 5, 1977 Huntington High School Auditorium, Huntington, NY (Solo. 2 shows 2.00 & 8.00, with Tom Paxton, Peter Yarrow & Josh White Jr.)

October 30, 1977 Huntington High School Auditorium, Huntington, NY (Solo. 2 shows 2.00 & 8.00, with Richie Havens & Oscar Brand Jr.)

I was 8-9 years old...

• Sympathy 2

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You coming to Charlotte to see the Jets??? 

Definitely a possibility!

It's a shame its a week 1 game, however, which will of course jack up the prices.  It would have been much better if this was a Week 10 game, when the Darnold suckage campaign would have been in full swing, and would have driven prices down.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a shame its a week 1 game, however, which will of course jack up the prices.  It would have been much better if this was a Week 10 game, when the Darnold suckage campaign would have been in full swing, and would have driven prices down.  

Dilworth Neighborhood Grill, Saturday night we have a meet up before game and that is where we will meet up on Sunday morning as well.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Im going to get slammed for this but my worst most boring concert ever was bruce with elvis opening.

hands down

I saw Elvis (I'm assuming you mean Costello) a few times and he was fantastic.  Great band and he sang/played flawlessly.

Honestly, I never got Bruce.   I appreciate his skill as a songwriter/performer.  But was just a bit corny for me.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I saw Elvis (I'm assuming you mean Costello) a few times and he was fantastic.  Great band and he sang/played flawlessly.

Honestly, I never got Bruce.   I appreciate his skill as a songwriter/performer.  But was just a bit corny for me.  

I have never cared for Elvis Costello but I was excited to see Bruce and pretty much Elvis Costello bored me as expected but sadly Bruce also bored me. Hey it was just one concert whatever!

• Upvote 1

I’ve seen so many great concerts I don’t know where to begin. But one of the greatest what is this death metal band Gorguts from Canada that played this sh*tty bar in Amityville. They ******* killed it and they were more than happy to drive from Montreal the Amityville to please 20 fans

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I’ve seen so many great concerts I don’t know where to begin. But one of the greatest what is this death metal band Gorguts from Canada that played this sh*tty bar in Amityville. They ******* killed it and they were more than happy to drive from Montreal the Amityville to please 20 fans

Shltty bar in Amityville is a redundancy no???.

Was it on the corner of Montauk Highway and 110?????

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh no.  The DMB mention gives me flashbacks too.  My sister was a huge fan.  Sooooo bad.  

I randomly went to a Blues Traveller concert with a GF back in the mid 1990s. Dont know why. Hate blues, despise harmonicas, couldn't stand the guys voice, but we went because it was something to do. Left after about an hour and walked over to the Old Ebbitt (lived in DC at the time) for drinks.

Blues Travellers. Jeez. No wonder we broke up. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Was the bar called Hammerheads on Montauk Highway?  I used to go to a sh*tty club in Huntington to see death metal shows.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, undertow said:

I went to a Jewel concert back in the day because I was trying to get with some chick by far the worst concert I ever went to.  Also went to a Stones concert in around 2003 at the Meadowlands they were about 30 years past their prime.  Motley Crue was pretty bad also Vince Neil was about 300 pounds and could barely breathe.   

Funny concert story I got backstage passes to a Metallica concert when I was 13 and James Hetfield got pissed at me because I was wearing a bootleg t-shirt I bought at Tri-County Flea Market. ?

I went to see Sheryl crow for similar reasons. But it was actually not bad.  At the beacon years ago. 

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've known Rodney for 30 years, miss the original Lost Weekends on Olive Ave.

My office is at Station 1, 500 Dixie Hwy. Say hey some time! ? 

Lol Rodney got a mention on a Jets message board. Pretty sure he can die a happy man now haha.  

great guy

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen a couple of good Bob Dylan shows, but I recall one in particular where he must have been on something really strong because he was just fumbling around, completely incoherent. His band was stacked with talent, but his presence was just too much to overcome. Such a shame.

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I've seen a couple of good Bob Dylan shows, but I recall one in particular where he must have been on something really strong because he was just fumbling around, completely incoherent. His band was stacked with talent, but his presence was just too much to overcome. Such a shame.

Had the same experience in Daytona.  He could barely play, if it wasn’t Dylan I would have walked out.  That bad. 

On 6/25/2021 at 10:47 PM, undertow said:

Was the bar called Hammerheads on Montauk Highway?  I used to go to a sh*tty club in Huntington to see death metal shows.

Sunrise Hwy. God so many nights in that place.

Back on topic. Took the wife to see Michael Bolton and Celine Dion. 

That’s it.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:27 PM, HighPitch said:

Honorable mention to Bob Weir and the campfire band that played the last Wanee festival and out of nowhere after Bob does three or four songs on his acoustic by himself comes tray Anastasia from fish and they do a couple of tunes. Wow it was killer

Ive seen Bob do a few of those acoustic sets.

great stuff

On 6/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Gone to every game they've played in Carolina, but first week of the season doesn't work.

Worst concert,and it isn't close-the Cars, MSG, December 1980. Felt like they had an appointment to bang supermodels after the show, may have played 80 minutes, no banter, didn't even bother to fake any excitement about playing the world's most famous arena. And boring as hell.

• Upvote 1