Michael Carter tops list of rookie running backs

for the first time in like forever we have a coaching staff that has an offensive playbook that makes sense - the only thing holding us back is the talent and we actually may have some of that too - still a year or two away but if zw is the real deal ( and who knows at this point) but if he is this team is going to make some noise and win some games

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, k-met57 said:

You clearly dont remember how MJD was built…its not a comp.

BTW with this amount of mass, he ran a 4.39 40 at the combine, which is universally accepted as being harder to run fast then the pro-day...which is where Carter ran a 4.5...and he was still a 60th pick.

F648F625-0C94-453D-B223-78905CC19849.jpeg

MJD and Ray Rice had the best running back bodies I’ve ever seen

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jgb said:

He was in the 98th percentile of RBs in the 40. Seems kinda special to me.

Don’t get me wrong, speed is essential. But how useful is it if you lack vision? 

All I’m trying to say is Michael Carter is a very balanced RB and although he doesn’t do one thing particularly good, he can still be a real effective RB. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, k-met57 said:

You clearly dont remember how MJD was built…its not a comp.

BTW with this amount of mass, he ran a 4.39 40 at the combine, which is universally accepted as being harder to run fast then the pro-day...which is where Carter ran a 4.5...and he was still a 60th pick.

F648F625-0C94-453D-B223-78905CC19849.jpeg

Bro, I get it. He was a bowling ball for sure but he wasn’t that weight his rookie that season. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don’t get me wrong, speed is essential. But how useful is it if you lack vision? 

All I’m trying to say is Michael Carter is a very balanced RB and although he doesn’t do one thing particularly good, he can still be a real effective RB. 

The comment was there was nothing special about MJD physically coming out. That has now been disproven.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

58604F7E-4B00-442E-AC12-DC50A110F9FD.gif.bec96ce2104d0fce90dded842dd1e64b.gif

Michael Carter - 5’8” & 201 pounds 

MJD - 5’7” & 207 pounds. 

If you think that’s ideal size for a running back, then I don’t know what to tell you. This is their height and weight during their rookie seasons. 

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Michael Carter - 5’8” & 201 pounds 

MJD - 5’7” & 207 pounds. 

If you think that’s ideal size for a running back, then I don’t know what to tell you. This is their height and weight during their rookie seasons. 

Not worth spending more time on but “coming out” part is wrong.  He was well regarded. Go on all day about his size if you want but you’re implying he wasn’t viewed as unique or special is wrong. Inaccurate. 

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Earl Campbell also

Agreed, but you can't even compare Campbell to the "small" guys like Barry or Walter.  It's almost a different position the way they play.  Earl really was almost the perfect prototype for a RB though because he blended it all...power, speed, toughness.

One of the most interesting quotes I've ever seen on the subject...

When Jim Brown was asked to rank all-time great running backs, he said: "It’s me first, Earl second, and everybody else? Get in line."

Back to the subject at hand.  Can you imagine trying to guess which way Carter is going to come around Becton when you can't even see him back there?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:17 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

There needs to be an investigation on how we got this kid in the 4th round.  Right after they complete the investigation on how we got Elijah Moore in round 2.

Thank you Joe Douglas.  Thank you!!

This guy right now is a third down back. You definitely  are not running him between the tackles at the GL.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:42 AM, Tranquilo said:

I don't know if the rookies are going to pan out, but when's the last time we had young skill position players topping any list?

You just got me trying to think of who was the best WR/RB we've drafted during the Idzik / Mac decade. First thought was Robby, but he wasn't even drafted. Him aside,  who was the previous best home grown/drafted WR or RB? Powell? Kerley?!?

There has got to be someone I'm not thinking of?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

You just got me trying to think of who was the best WR/RB we've drafted during the Idzik / Mac decade. First thought was Robby, but he wasn't even drafted. Him aside,  who was the previous best home grown/drafted WR or RB? Powell? Kerley?!?

There has got to be someone I'm not thinking of?

It would have to be Enunwa. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, peebag said:

It would be nice for a change to have a RB who's a real receiving threat.  Haven't had one of those for in while.

amen.............................................

ESPECIALLY in this scheme AND to help a rookie QB get thru rookie year when he needs that reliable safety valve escape dumpoff guy

• Upvote 1

Bo Jackson would have had a chance to be an all time great had he not suffered the fluke hip injury. Big, powerful, fast. Also notable that he was a very good baseball player to boot - some rare athletes have played two pro sports, but VERY few were above average in both.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, Beerfish said:

Amon Ra st Brown #3?  Who did these rankings Paradise?

Nobody seems to be paying attention to the fact that the reasons these guys are up the board is because they don't have anybody good in front of them.  That is a big part of the high expectations for Carter and Moore.  Who is at WR for the Lions?  Perricman and Tyrell Williams?  I assume that St Brown will see a ton of targets.

• Upvote 2