Michael Carter tops list of rookie running backs

Geez I was on the Carter bandwagon before the draft and thought he would be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th but the hype is starting to get overboard.....he's not Dalvin Cook or LT he's a 3rd down type guy who may get 10 carries and 5 catches if we are lucky....reel it back in guys. lol

On 7/2/2021 at 1:01 PM, undertow said:

Geez I was on the Carter bandwagon before the draft and thought he would be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th but the hype is starting to get overboard.....he's not Dalvin Cook or LT he's a 3rd down type guy who may get 10 carries and 5 catches if we are lucky....reel it back in guys. lol

Certainly I don't expect him to be a star in this league at all, but I think you're under-selling what his productivity and touches could/will be, even as a rookie.  Tevin Coleman will probably start Week 1, maybe Week 2 before Carter may well get a chance to take over the starting role.  Who is going to be in his way for that job?  Johnson and Perine shouldn't be big obstacles to overcome. 

And this system obviously makes a lot of average RBs look great.  If he offers any one-cut explosiveness and pass-catching, and can handle pass-blocking duties, he's a safe bet to be one of the more productive rookies this season.  

• Upvote 1