Trade Mims for a starting TE

If Mims gets pushed out of crowded talented WR room, is there a starting caliber TE out there that might be available?

I know Blake  Jarwin is back and #1 with Cowboys putting Dwayne Schultz back on pine after very solid year.. 

Others? Zach Ertz?

• Thumb Down 18
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

I hear ya, but they will address TE before season starts and make sure a bonafide TE is there. I hope Herndon wakes up,,but new staffs always have 1 or 2 guys that they dont like..Just way it is..

I want to keep Mims..Hell maybe we trade someone who's agent is making demands that a new contract seems unlikely,,, Mainly I want to know who are quality TEs out there that MAY be aquirable?

9 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Mims arguably still has the highest ceiling of any WR on the team given his frame and athleticism.. I get why people are uncertain how he’ll pan but we haven’t even got to training camp yet so let’s slow down on trade talk. Also there is no unproven TE worth trading him for and likely no proven TE that we could net for Mims.

Yeah, I get the concern about Mims at this point, but you don’t trade a WR with his physical ability/size/skills for a TE. The positional value isn’t even close. If anything, you trade Crowder for a TE. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Tight end again???  My goodness.  You cant have pro bowlers at every position.  The Jets are fine at tight end this year and will address the position in next years draft.

Good thing Joe D is patient and playing the long game.  Jet fans are the Mike McCagnan of fans.

Denzel Mims isnt going anywhere.  He has tons of potential and the Jets are going to give him a few seasons to put it together.  

its just goofing around LOL,,

calm down,,

I know Jets Eaagles have talked about Ertz but I dont know what was asked for by Eagles

Just now, slats said:

Yeah, I get the concern about Mims at this point, but you don’t trade a WR with his physical ability/size/skills for a TE. The positional value isn’t even close. If anything, you trade Crowder for a TE. 

agree,,unless elite TE and I was asking is there any out there that might have glaring need at WR and maybe a very talented TE room? I dont know?

I know Eagles have called Jets about Ertz

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

its just goofing around LOL,,

calm down,,

I know Jets Eaagles have talked about Ertz but I dont know what was asked for by Eagles

I wouldn't trade more than a conditional pick for Ertz after last year, since the Jets probably won't be able to do a full physical assessment until he's here. Conditional as in, if the Jets cut him before week 1 (right after JD approaches him to take a pay cut lol) then Phi gets no picks. 

Since (on paper) that's only marginally better for Phi than cutting Ertz outright, I don't expect a deal.

Even though the prospect of something low is better than guaranteed getting nothing, for whatever reason the optics are better if the team just releases him and says it's a cap casualty. If he's traded and does well elsewhere, then all their team's beat writers - as well as some national figures - are going to keep weighing in on how Phi traded a probowl TE for just a 6th round pick or something. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

If Mims gets pushed out of crowded talented WR room, is there a starting caliber TE out there that might be available?

I know Blake  Jarwin is back and #1 with Cowboys putting Dwayne Schultz back on pine after very solid year.. 

Others? Zach Ertz?

WTF? Crowded? yeah. Talented? We don’t have a single 1k receiver. And Mims may possibly be that guy. We have a bunch of decent WRs. Wouldn’t call it a talented room. 

Who the heck is Dwayne?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Holy hell you people better never get on my case again for pointless threads lmfao. I make maybe 2 of them per year.

SouthernJet has 2 in 1 hour. 

show respect youngster,,liven up this ego laden place,,, have fun.. god bless

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Holy hell you people better never get on my case again for pointless threads lmfao. I make maybe 2 of them per year.

SouthernJet has 2 in 1 hour. 

2?  Better take a look at the topic board again.    LOL

• Haha 4

Just now, ElBarrioJets said:

JFC

If anyone, trade Crowder bc we have 3 slot receivers. 

Not the guy who's size/speed profile is unlike anyone else on the roster. 

Training camp is coming, let's start using our brains folks.

ya, no one said 1 for 1,, but is there available TEs out there? I personally think Saleh will light a fire under Herndon

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

show respect youngster,,liven up this ego laden place,,, have fun.. god bless

Much respect to you as an individual & long time member of the board. Think you’re a great guy and also a valued part of our tight nit community.

nothing personal on my end, just found the 5 threads in a row to be a bit much as well as the content of said threads lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Others? Zach Ertz?

This is a terrible idea, Mims has more left than whatever garbage someone would be willing to trade.

Hey, maybe they can get someone for Elijah Moore.  Or a combination of WRs for a TE.  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Much respect to you as an individual & long time member of the board. Think you’re a great guy and also a valued part of our tight nit community.

nothing personal on my end, just found the 5 threads in a row to be a bit much as well as the content of said threads lol.

Deputy 

image.png.cb1a7dd125d23bff3933b9258f8b1a88.png

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You must not be aware of me then,, its cool,,

This is what I do,, have fun,, get folks talking on one offs,,you be surprised how many come out of closet with threads like this,,and Phil begs me to get these click bait traps

• WTF? 1