Trade Mims for a starting TE

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hope you guys don’t all go to your T0m Shane closet-built alters tonight and summon him back from his hiatus like last time.

@TuscanyTile2 started a thread two years ago begging someone with actual contact with T0m to call him and ask him to log in. 

we had a ******* T0m Shane’s best moments thread afterwards. It was a mushy sh*t show.

He'll log on the minute that Jamal Adams demands a trade from Seattle.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Mims arguably still has the highest ceiling of any WR on the team given his frame and athleticism.. I get why people are uncertain how he’ll pan but we haven’t even got to training camp yet so let’s slow down on trade talk. Also there is no unproven TE worth trading him for and likely no proven TE that we could net for Mims.

The next time Mims gets a step on man coverage it will be the first time.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His words per thread rate is lower than the other 3.  Verbosity is an important metric in these rankings, and DWC and Betty are some of the worst at writing essay-length posts that bring absolutely nothing or very little to the table.  

In fairness are you counting words hes written in posts that arent in the English dictionary?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

If Mims gets pushed out of crowded talented WR room, is there a starting caliber TE out there that might be available?

I know Blake  Jarwin is back and #1 with Cowboys putting Dwayne Schultz back on pine after very solid year.. 

Others? Zach Ertz?

How about you let the kid have a second year before you push him out the door ffs.

If he sucks so obviously that you want rid of him, why would any OTHER GM want him?

Derp thread is derp.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Forget it, Toon is an immortal.  I'd be ecstatic if Mims became Coles 2.0.

True very true. But if he can become some semblance of Toon then can we start the mold of JD’s statue? ?He’s got all the physical attributes just need him to put it together. Hopefully with a real training camp and better coaching he reaches his potential. 
Coles wasn’t bad either not a bad second pick ?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

True very true. But if he can become some semblance of Toon then can we start the mold of JD’s statue? ?He’s got all the physical attributes just need him to put it together. Hopefully with a real training camp and better coaching he reaches his potential. 
Coles wasn’t bad either not a bad second pick ?

Truly--on my eyes as they used to say in my neighborhood--I want you to be right about Mims, CSNY.   I just have a bad feeling about the kid.  Not as bad as the vibe (ultimate reality)I got from Darnold.  But close.

I loved the Coles/Cotchery tandem.   Not as great as the Walker-Toon days.  But they were awesome.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

I hear ya, but they will address TE before season starts and make sure a bonafide TE is there. I hope Herndon wakes up,,but new staffs always have 1 or 2 guys that they dont like..Just way it is..

I want to keep Mims..Hell maybe we trade someone who's agent is making demands that a new contract seems unlikely,,, Mainly I want to know who are quality TEs out there that MAY be aquirable?

They're gonna' roll with Herndon and Kroft and they'll be fine.

49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

At this point Mims can't carry Toon's old jocks.  Probably drop them anyway.

The idea that Mims has the drops is nonsense at this point.

The Mims hate is beyond ridiculous.  Give guys more than a partial seasons worth of work with a shltty QB and HC

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

If Mims gets pushed out of crowded talented WR room, is there a starting caliber TE out there that might be available?

I know Blake  Jarwin is back and #1 with Cowboys putting Dwayne Schultz back on pine after very solid year.. 

Others? Zach Ertz?

Lord.

Give me that coffee cup, ima wrap it off your head a second time

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Others? Zach Ertz?

Is there a dumbest post of the week award in here? If so this wins my vote hands down. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Is it though?  Your 5th WR should be able to play specials.

You are way too old to be putting this much stock into a # on a depth chart. Please grow up, this isn't Madden. Study the offense for 10 minutes, It's always been a back/receiver by committee system. Just for arguments sake let's say they were too do this and go into next offseason losing Crowder, Mims, Cole now what? Receiver once again becomes a glaring need. You wanna invest more resources into the position after paying Davis & spending 2 second rd picks on receivers the past 2 years? It's dumb. 

No way you trade Mims.  From a team building perspective the WR's we
have under control for the next 3 years are Davis, Mims and Moore.
You want Wilson to have a stable young WR corps to grow with, no
more revolving doors at WR for our QB

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

No way you trade Mims.  From a team building perspective the WR's we
have under control for the next 3 years are Davis, Mims and Moore.
You want Wilson to have a stable young WR corps to grow with, no
more revolving doors at WR for our QB

Yes if you believe Mims is real, I personally don’t and think the Jets should move on while he still has some value.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471rixupi4k1offh85sggiphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b4cxh3hbawrt69g5f6giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a3m8uq4l1l0kgnp03t

I rarely quote myself.  LOL   But i just wanted to point something out on these GIF's.

In 2 of them the DB's try to physically press Mims.  It didn't end well for them. #37 tries to grab Mims arm, and almost gets knocked to the ground. Mims is one physical dude. 

In all 3 he shows excellent hands, and focus on the ball.

When you have a rookie QB, with an excellent arm, and a gunslinger mentality like Wilson, having a big, fast WR who can beat the crap out of DB's in contested ball situations is a very good spot to be.

IMO Mims won't be the #1 WR on the Jets this year, but he's going to make some BIG impactfull catches that are going to be WOW plays and win games. 

Just my opinion.  :)  

• Post of the Week 3

This board went from Douglas is a genius for drafting Denzel Mims to lets trade him for Hayden Hurst pretty quickly. lol  I knew things would move in this direction eventually wait until people realize we passed up on Claypool and how good he is.