I love our chances vs Panthers opening day

Saleh has all off season to put together a 'ghost package'.

Carter coming to a stadium he knows well and has had success in.

We just can NOT let Carolina get a 2 score lead early to grab Ole Mo and take us out of Ghost package and allow Panthers to kill clock with McCafferry

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will beat Carolina by 2 tds.  it is going to be a blood bath.  Its the easiest week 1 bet.  Put the kids college fund on it.  Getting 3 1/2 points?????  HAHHAAHAHAHHAHA.

Quinnen Willimas, Carl Lawson etc and going to pound sam darnold into the ground.  And he will commence to throw off his back foot, throw into traffic, happy feet in the pocket, run out of bounds instead of throwing it away, fumble while hes waiting forever to throw the ball etc, etc, etc.

It will be a pathetic performance by Darnold and Saleh and they D will be laughing their off ass on the sideline come the 4th quarter.

Sam will never recover from this game and it will be the last time, even from the delusional sam darnold fans, that you will ever hear he has a chance to be a good qb.

Sam Darnold ends week 1 and I cant wait to watch it.

can u imagine if we beat them on road the back pages,,all about new Jets Era,,especially if Giants hopefully get spanked

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets are going to destroy Carolina and Sam Darnold. 

reading these has may laptop rising in air

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will beat Carolina by 2 tds.  it is going to be a blood bath.  Its the easiest week 1 bet.  Put the kids college fund on it.  Getting 3 1/2 points?????  HAHHAAHAHAHHAHA.

Quinnen Willimas, Carl Lawson etc and going to pound sam darnold into the ground.  And he will commence to throw off his back foot, throw into traffic, happy feet in the pocket, run out of bounds instead of throwing it away, fumble while hes waiting forever to throw the ball etc, etc, etc.

It will be a pathetic performance by Darnold and Saleh and they D will be laughing their off ass on the sideline come the 4th quarter.

Sam will never recover from this game and it will be the last time, even from the delusional sam darnold fans, that you will ever hear he has a chance to be a good qb.

Sam Darnold ends week 1 and I cant wait to watch it.

Ok, little dark but I see the light at end of tunnel. 

• Haha 2

Sam will be handing off the ball and adding short passes in an attempt not to get killed... they will not score a TD with that method... couple of FGs for them and that's it...we kick the crap outta them,,,,now for the other weeks, I hope the young DBs can do well in the face of some real QBs...

• Upvote 1

Sure hope you guys are right because I just bought my ticket for this game.  And it has been an awfully long time since I have seen us win a game live.  

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

We just can NOT let Carolina get a 2 score lead early to grab Ole Mo and take us out of Ghost package and allow Panthers to kill clock with McCafferry

Narrated by Sam Darnold

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Lith said:

Sure hope you guys are right because I just bought my ticket for this game.  And it has been an awfully long time since I have seen us win a game live.  

How much are tickets going for?

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How much are tickets going for?

Not sure exactly.  My friend picked up tix and hasn't toldm e what I owe him yet.  We talked about going up to $500 - $600 for lower level along Jets sideline. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

I think at some point early in the season, we should be a pretty solid team. Will that happen by game 1? I don't know. Will depend how quickly all the new pieces can come together.  Throw in a rookie QB with their 1st start on the road and anything could happen - but sooner or later, hopefully sooner, we should be good

• Upvote 3

I think in the end this game will come down to how good our offense actually is coming right out the gate. Everyone knows the potential is sky high but with all the turnover (including new coaching) and youth it might take some time to get rolling. This might be a game where we get 'stuck' on offense despite our defense playing well and our young secondary holding their own. As we all know, Darnold makes bad decisions under pressure, and Saleh will do everything he can to force mistakes.

If our offense can get out there and execute with the talent they have this should be a win. I'm not too worried about the defense doing its job against Darnold. 

Game plan should be simple on defense. Keep CMC contained, don’t let him kill us. Make Sam beat us throwing the ball down field. He’s bound to make a mistake or two. I like our chances 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I know coach likes simple schemes so the defense plays fast, but adding just a little disguise to most plays should result in positive results against Sam.  

Cover Zero every play until he proves he can beat it might be the best move here, but that seems a little cocky. 

A long time before opening day, but I like our chances at this point in time to start 1-0.  

This is historically the type of game we lose. Former Jets player leaves the team in controversy or disgrace and the anticipatory media buildup usually trends towards defeat for the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, SouthernJet said:

Looks like we have our SB early this year

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Not sure exactly.  My friend picked up tix and hasn't toldm e what I owe him yet.  We talked about going up to $500 - $600 for lower level along Jets sideline. 

I got two good upper level seats for $360 right after the tickets went on sale.The wife and I are driving up from Charleston, SC for the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Mackman55 said:

I got two good upper level seats for $360 right after the tickets went on sale.The wife and I are driving up from Charleston, SC for the game.

Can you bring some Rodney Scott's BBQ with you LOL Best whole hog in the Carolinas! 

• Upvote 1