I love our chances vs Panthers opening day

12 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

I live in Charolllote so I  will be there as well.  50 yard line behind the jets the bench 11 rows up. My 11 year-old sons 1st Jets game so I had  to get great seats.  I hope I'm drive home on the 77 with a W!!

I guess you are a better dad than I am.  First game I took my son to was in Indy in 2001.  I got two seats in either the last or second to last row of the RCA Dome.  Vinny hit Anthony Becht for a game winning TD in the final minute.  Dranatic come from behind win in the final minute and my son was hooked. 

That game ruined his Sunday afternoons in the fall for the last two decades.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

I guess you are a better dad than I am.  First game I took my son to was in Indy in 2001.  I got two seats in either the last or second to last row of the RCA Dome.  Vinny hit Anthony Becht for a game winning TD in the final minute.  Dranatic come from behind win in the final minute and my son was hooked. 

That game ruined his Sunday afternoons in the fall for the last two decades.

The good dad thing went out the window when I indoctrinated him as a Jets fan, Take a look at the pic in my avatar my twins did not stand  a chance lol!  

On 6/25/2021 at 2:17 PM, Warfish said:

There is no reason for artificial pressure, it's just one game.

We should have a very good chance to compete, and I hope we win, obviously.

But if we don't, it's not the end of the world.  It's not a "must win" or any other kind of emergency situation.

Just one game.  Beating Sam is no more or less important than beating any other QB we play.

1-16 but we beat Sam sucks.

16-1 but we lost to Sam is still great.

Keep it in context.

Certainly true, but I want us to win just not to endure the endless tweets and articles and reports on the Sports Networks about how the Jets trading Darnold was a mistake. It will be so bad it could actually affect the team.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’ll take a loss if we can come  back and pound the Pats in the home opener. I guess if I had to pick one as a fan.

Lol 40 games didn’t convince some that Darnold sucks but we are worried one loss will convince professionals that they suck.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Darnold has something to prove this game which might make it his best performance. Nevertheless as we sit right now I am optimistic that the defense will shut him down and we'll leave the game confident in JD's decision to part ways. 

My great hope is that the Jets win but Darnold plays well (and he might, our CBs are super inexperienced). What a pleasure it will be to bump all the week 1 premature victory lap threads by the Darnold truthers after he sucks again.

my god you people are a bunch of homers. ghost package? you better hope zach wilson doesnt have to go against the "eat your lunch" package vs that defense on the road. you can sh*t on Darnold all you want, but he is the veteran and bring christian maccafrey with him vs us bring michael carter and tevin coleman lol

• Upvote 3

On 6/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, PepPep said:

I think in the end this game will come down to how good our offense actually is coming right out the gate. Everyone knows the potential is sky high but with all the turnover (including new coaching) and youth it might take some time to get rolling. This might be a game where we get 'stuck' on offense despite our defense playing well and our young secondary holding their own. As we all know, Darnold makes bad decisions under pressure, and Saleh will do everything he can to force mistakes.

If our offense can get out there and execute with the talent they have this should be a win. I'm not too worried about the defense doing its job against Darnold. 

I think the turnover (new coaching) is actually a plus for us!! The crap we had for coaches is long gone!!! I have a ton of confidence in this staff (except for maybe Boyer and ST). They'll get the most out of EVERY player on the field and if we stay healthy, there's no reason to think inexperience is a negative.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:02 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Game plan should be simple on defense. Keep CMC contained, don’t let him kill us. Make Sam beat us throwing the ball down field. He’s bound to make a mistake or two. I like our chances 

bingo.

I will be shocked if Saleh doesnt SPY him with a fast safety/OLB hybrid