Woody Johnson Requests Opinions on Alternate Helmets

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

White helmet, green "Speedbird/Jet" design,  but with the Dart always pointed forwards.

Not allowed.  Unless the Jets go full 80’s or full 68’s as complete throwbacks, the logo on the helmet must be the existing core logo. 

SAR I

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Great news trash this latest garbage. 

C71325-D2-D56-D-480-D-95-B2-B3-CF0-F09-D

Come now, it's not awful, I think they look really nice.  And they're not designed for elders like us; they're for the kids.

Being realistic:  We have 3 uniforms already and they're only 3 years old.  Adding a 4th uniform is a longshot.  So what we're really looking at is an alternate helmet that compliments one of the 3 existing uniforms which means it must use the existing logo.

So that means that if we go with an alternate helmet, it'll be black with the existing logo in white.

And if we did roll out a 4th uniform, it would be the '68 (or '19) uniforms, but we'd only be wearing them once or twice, hardly some big change.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C71325-D2-D56-D-480-D-95-B2-B3-CF0-F09-D

Come now, it's not awful, I think they look really nice.  And they're not designed for elders like us; they're for the kids.

Being realistic:  We have 3 uniforms already and they're only 3 years old.  Adding a 4th uniform is a longshot.  So what we're really looking at is an alternate helmet that compliments one of the 3 existing uniforms which means it must use the existing logo.

So that means that if we go with an alternate helmet, it'll be black with the existing logo in white.

And if we did roll out a 4th uniform, it would be the '68 (or '19) uniforms, but we'd only be wearing them once or twice, hardly some big change.

SAR I

I could probably live with it if the jerseys didn't have those hideous slashes on the shoulders and they added stripes instead. 

Im an old school guy I like the old ones. 

joewilly12

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I could probably live with it if the jerseys didn't have those hideous slashes on the shoulders and they added stripes instead. 

Im an old school guy I like the old ones. 

joewilly12

Youre also an old guy who doesn't buy jerseys, youre not their target market.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Millennials don't buy jerseys either, especially ugly ones and of JAG players. 

That is so true ? it’s more important to be “authentic” and “woke” than  actually excel at football to millennials 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

That is so true ? it’s more important to be “authentic” and “woke” than  actually excel at football to millennials 

Sales of Carl Nassib's jersey are jumping after the Las Vegas Raider this week became the first active player in the NFL to say that he's gay.

Nassib's No. 94 shirt was the top selling football jersey on Monday and Tuesday across all Fanatics-owned sports apparel websites, the company said, while declining to disclose specifics on sales. The jersey retailed for $120 at NFLShop.com. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Millennials don't buy jerseys either, especially ugly ones and of JAG players. 

You have no clue what I buy and you are older than me. 

Go to a game.  Most are wearing jerseys.  

What are you talking about?  You proudly proclaim that, first, you dont buy jerseys.  Then that you would never buy the new jersey.  And better yet that you buy jerseys from china either on the internet or through some friend who sells them in the Englishtown Auction.  None of those are the Jets target market.  

Ugly ones of JAG players?  Hate to break this to you, people like the new jersey and there have been players who weren't JAGS on the team.  

Im older than you by a couple of years but youre older than me in the mind.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Go to a game.  Most are wearing jerseys.  

What are you talking about?  You proudly proclaim that, first, you dont buy jerseys.  Then that you would never buy the new jersey.  And better yet that you buy jerseys from china either on the internet or through some friend who sells them in the Englishtown Auction.  None of those are the Jets target market.  

Ugly ones of JAG players?  Hate to break this to you, people like the new jersey and there have been players who weren't JAGS on the team.  

Im older than you by a couple of years but youre older than me in the mind.  

I see less and less fans wearing jerseys at games. 

I see many fans wearing jerseys of players who are no longer with the team than current or legend players. 

I bought authentic jerseys in the past I own authentic jerseys. 

Yes flea market jerseys are the best for now until the NY Jets get some players worth buying an authentic jersey of. (probably done buying jerseys) unless maybe a $40 flea market purchase sparks my interest. 

Im older than you in wisdom and in common sense. 

My mind is fine hope yours is also dementia is terrible disease. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I see less and less fans wearing jerseys at games. 

I see many fans wearing jerseys of players who are no longer with the team than current or legend players. 

I bought authentic jerseys in the past I own authentic jerseys. 

Yes flea market jerseys are the best for now until the NY Jets get some players worth buying an authentic jersey of. (probably done buying jerseys) unless maybe a $40 flea market purchase sparks my interest. 

Im older than you in wisdom and in common sense. 

My mind is fine hope yours is also dementia is terrible disease. 

Joe, really?  There are at least as many fans wearing jerseys as years ago.  You couldn't go on the internet and get knock off jerseys on the cheap, each was a $200 investment for a real jersey.  Who cares that if jerseys people buy are of players from the past, theyre still selling.  QW sells.  Bell even sold.  Zach #2 will be all over the stadium as Sams 14 was.  

You just cant get that the Jets dont care about you and your cheap Chinese jerseys.  

I was nice and said I was younger in the mind.  You come back with wisdom and common sense.  Proving how little wisdom and common sense you have.  Why am I not surprised?

ZDTISB5EVBWKMY3SGGTT5HXFRY.jpg.20405a28d0c208469160eb5688e3b3fa.jpgimages.jpeg.2ec5a25dbba44247b298a0d24581fc76.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Is this really necessary? How about you just say you don’t like it? 

You dont like what he likes, his taste is all that counts so its gay.

You get the mentality of that statement, right? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Joe, really?  There are at least as many fans wearing jerseys as years ago.  You couldn't go on the internet and get knock off jerseys on the cheap, each was a $200 investment for a real jersey.  Who cares that if jerseys people buy are of players from the past, theyre still selling.  QW sells.  Bell even sold.  Zach #2 will be all over the stadium as Sams 14 was.  

You just cant get that the Jets dont care about you and your cheap Chinese jerseys.  

I was nice and said I was younger in the mind.  You come back with wisdom and common sense.  Proving how little wisdom and common sense you have.  Why am I not surprised?

ZDTISB5EVBWKMY3SGGTT5HXFRY.jpg.20405a28d0c208469160eb5688e3b3fa.jpgimages.jpeg.2ec5a25dbba44247b298a0d24581fc76.jpeg

#6 Mark Sanchez,#31 Antonio Cromartie no longer with the team. (what year were these pics from) 

#80,24,12 all ok NY Jets legends. 

Take notice next time you attend a game of all the former has beens that never were jerseys being worn. 

2021 crowd #14 Darnold #33 Adams #26 Bell will be the common ones. 

I own at least 4-5 authentic jerseys paid over $240 each, how about you. 

I had a friend who sold jerseys at Englishtown for years  he used to give me the knock off jerseys own at least 20 of them soon going to Goodwill or the local day laborers. 

I like cheap Chinese

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m all for the knockoffs who cares wear what you want with pride. Still think the new ones are ugly and if I buy another jersey it’ll be of a Jets legend in in the classic style I love (and reminds me that we were a champ, once) so I don’t add to the car washing rag pile (again) in like 2 years but that’s just me.

If I went to more games in person I’d probably get a Namath or Maynard authentic but no need sitting on my couch alone at midnight here in Germany watching NFL game pass.

If Wilson brings us a ring I’ll buy a customized classic uni with “Wilson” on the back.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I like cheap Chinese

I’m all for the knockoffs who cares wear what you want with pride. Still think the new ones are ugly and if I buy another jersey it’ll be of a Jets legend in in the classic style I love (and reminds me that we were a champ, once) so I don’t add to the car washing rag pile (again) in like 2 years but that’s just me.

If I went to more games in person I’d probably get a Namath or Maynard authentic but no need sitting on my couch alone at midnight here in Germany watching NFL game pass.

If Wilson brings us a ring I’ll buy a customized classic uni with “Wilson” on the back.

I bet all those who spent the $240 on the authentic Darnold,Bell,Adams wish they hadn't. 

Whats the big deal. 

WOW look at him he has an authentic NY Jets jersey on he must be a real fan. 

GTFO here you buy and wear what you want. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

#6 Mark Sanchez,#31 Antonio Cromartie no longer with the team. (what year were these pics from) 

#80,24,12 all ok NY Jets legends. 

Take notice next time you attend a game of all the former has beens that never were jerseys being worn. 

2021 crowd #14 Darnold #33 Adams #26 Bell will be the common ones. 

I own at least 4-5 authentic jerseys paid over $240 each, how about you. 

I had a friend who sold jerseys at Englishtown for years  he used to give me the knock off jerseys own at least 20 of them soon going to Goodwill or the local day laborers. 

You need to go to games again.  There are people wearing Sanchez, Mangold, Toon, Klecko, Namath, Martin etc.  Yes.  

This is boring Joe.  You dont buy jerseys and want to explain it off by claiming no one does.  And yioure dead wrong

• Upvote 1