Woody Johnson Requests Opinions on Alternate Helmets

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I like cheap Chinese

I’m all for the knockoffs who cares wear what you want with pride. Still think the new ones are ugly and if I buy another jersey it’ll be of a Jets legend in in the classic style I love (and reminds me that we were a champ, once) so I don’t add to the car washing rag pile (again) in like 2 years but that’s just me.

If I went to more games in person I’d probably get a Namath or Maynard authentic but no need sitting on my couch alone at midnight here in Germany watching NFL game pass.

If Wilson brings us a ring I’ll buy a customized classic uni with “Wilson” on the back.

Agree.  Just playing with Joe who's trying to say no one wears uni to games and thats wrong

I wear my Namath, Mo Lewis, Cox, Klecko etc.  For all those old names I did strike out with Keyshawn given his short career here, Favre, Lageman.  Ouch.  If Wilson pans out or AVT I'll go for one.  #8 would be pretty cool.  I dont dislike the new uni enough to not buy one if I liked a player.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You need to go to games again.  There are people wearing Sanchez, Mangold, Toon, Klecko, Namath, Martin etc.  Yes.  

This is boring Joe.  You dont buy jerseys and want to explain it off by claiming no one does.  And yioure dead wrong

Of course there are still fans wearing jerseys but not as many. 

Millennials don't buy or wear jerseys. 

The latest NY Jets jersey is the worst seller a family friend works for Dick's Sporting Goods only way they sell them is on clearance. 

They barely stock them anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You need to go to games again.  There are people wearing Sanchez, Mangold, Toon, Klecko, Namath, Martin etc.  Yes.  

This is boring Joe.  You dont buy jerseys and want to explain it off by claiming no one does.  And yioure dead wrong

serious question does anyone care at the stadium? I know we have jersey police online but the few times I’ve been to MetLife I didn’t see anyone handing out tickets for fashion violations 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree.  Just playing with Joe who's trying to say no one wears uni to games and thats wrong

I wear my Namath, Mo Lewis, Cox, Klecko etc.  For all those old names I did strike out with Keyshawn given his short career here, Favre, Lageman.  Ouch.  If Wilson pans out or AVT I'll go for one.  I dont dislike the new uni enough to not buy one if I liked a player.  

He better pan out quick if you’re gonna buy a Wilson jersey in the current style! I don’t think it’s long for this earth IMHO

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Of course there are still fans wearing jerseys but not as many. 

Millennials don't buy or wear jerseys. 

The latest NY Jets jersey is the worst seller a family friend works for Dick's Sporting Goods only way they sell them is on clearance. 

They barely stock them anymore. 

Not a millennial but I prefer a t-shirt honestly (especially vintage look). Jerseys aren’t as comfortable and I’m always worried about the dill rod behind me spilling nacho cheese on it. Plus you don’t risk looking like a goon if you go out to dinner after the game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

serious question does anyone care at the stadium? I know we have jersey police online but the few times I’ve been to MetLife I didn’t see anyone handing out tickets for fashion violations 

@SAR I  is the ***official*** jersey inspector at the stadium. (when he's there) 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  is the ***official jersey inspector*** at the stadium. (when he's there) 

“Was this jersey stitched using only the finest silk from worms that only produce on the Summer Solstice during the Year of the Dragon?”

• Haha 1

This is precisely what I want Woody to be focused on.  Helmets, uniforms, concession stand, stuff like that.  Just as long as he has nothing to do with football decisions except to write the checks that JD tells him to write.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Sir is that jersey tackle twilled?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Exactly.  No one gives a damn.  They have their choice of three different jerseys.  No one whines about the new uniform, the colors, the helmet and all the other nonsense discussed ad nauseam here.  

Im with you, most of the season im in some tee or sweat shirt.  

Cant see what anyone is wearing for half the season when the weather changes.  

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  No one gives a damn.  They have their choice of three different jerseys.  No one whines about the new uniform, the colors, the helmet and all the other nonsense discussed ad nauseam here.  

Im with you, most of the season im in some tee or sweat shirt.  

Cant see what anyone is wearing for half the season when the weather changes.  

Just had an inspiration to buy a kelly green Jets Starter jacket, green trucker hat with no rim bend and prison issue eye glasses and show up to stadium looking like kotite 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

If I went to more games in person I’d probably get a Namath or Maynard authentic but no need sitting on my couch alone at midnight here in Germany watching NFL game pass.

If Wilson brings us a ring I’ll buy a customized classic uni with “Wilson” on the back.

Sounds like a wurst case scenario situation you got going on there.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Larz said:

As long as the Titans alternate fails miserably to get any support I’m good lol

Lol I actually really liked the Titans uniforms. With that being said, it’ll only be a matter of time until the NFl follows suit and does what the nba and mlb does. In those two leagues teams have several different unis. It would allow for more sales which we all know the NFL wants. This is just the beginning, we’ll eventually have all those options. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, Gibby said:

Anyone who says yes to black gets a throat punch. Classic white please. Then in a few years- realize the error of your ways and make it permanent again. You can keep the new color green  with the classic design-( I’m cool with that) bag the gay green helmets- make them the 80’s alternate if you want- white face mask though 85 version not 91.

I’m digging the black helmets A LOT- got that Oregon new age vibe - looks badass 

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I think the 80's uni should be brought back at some point even if it's just for a game or two. There were times during the 80's that the Jets were juggernauts. Good image to sport especially when the team is improving right now.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

Those are the teams I grew up watching, always disappointed from going 10-0 to nothing, Mud Bowl, Red Sonja ruining our generational player ?‍♂️ too triggered to see them again, bad juju 

On 6/25/2021 at 6:03 PM, munchmemory said:

Whoever approved that design should be pistol whipped.  Too bad Halston died.  He would have done a fabulous job creating our look.

Christopher Johnson was at the helm for both the new uniform design & the hiring of Adam Gase... how does that guy still have access to the building ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, Integrity28 said:

Crowd sourcing design decisions, then paying $1m to an agency that doesn’t do anything but give you clipart.

Jetsy as ****.

I wonder what Korn Ferry, Peyton Manning, and Charlie Casserly think.

Reminds me of a work experience when we had a new initiative. The Global function head said "let's do a survey on what to name it at our annual meeting." So we did and announced the winning name up on stage. Later, she rejected the decision and named it herself. I told her that was really demotivating for the team. If you want to give people the choice, you need to accept the peoples' choice. She hated me lol.