Woody Johnson Requests Opinions on Alternate Helmets

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

It is 1000% going to be this one. He just made it seem like he cared what you think but it will be this helmet with the stealth black jersey.

This.

Whoever is running Woody's social media account doesn't understand the rules and restrictions around alternate helmets.  The 4 shown in his original post can't just be helmets, they'd have to be an entirely new uniform, either modern or throwback.  Alternate helmets without a uniform change must have the existing logo on them.  

As the Jets already have an alternate non-throwback uniform (black) that's going to be the choice.  Or, longshot, they bring back the white 68s/19s but then with 4 uniforms available, what's the point, they'll wear it 1x a year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

Whoever is running Woody's social media account doesn't understand the rules and restrictions around alternate helmets.  The 4 shown in his original post can't just be helmets, they'd have to be an entirely new uniform, either modern or throwback.  Alternate helmets without a uniform change must have the existing logo on them.  

As the Jets already have an alternate non-throwback uniform (black) that's going to be the choice.  Or, longshot, they bring back the white 68s/19s but then with 4 uniforms available, what's the point, they'll wear it 1x a year.

SAR I

Easy fix. Ditch the black uniforms all together. They’re terrible anyways.

• Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

It is 1000% going to be this one. He just made it seem like he cared what you think but it will be this helmet with the stealth black jersey.

27FE1E13-E4FD-4EEE-9355-14D6EF43E063.jpeg

You're probably right.

Shame, that is truly horrific.  Maybe add a white (instead of black) outline to the green logo, maybe that'd be a bit better.  As is black+black outline+dark green is a muddy mess..  Not "cool" at all.

59 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Easy fix. Ditch the black uniforms all together. They’re terrible anyways.

2022alternates.jpg

My ideal 4-pack would be:

1.  Gotham Green (Core, modern uniform)

2.  Stealth Black (Core, players love them, green or black helmets)

3.  '17 All-White's (Alternate, best uni's ever)

4.  '10 White Titans (Alternate, rare that a team allowed to change colors)

That gives us the existing green and black as core modern uniforms and two white throwback optional alternates that recognize our AFL heritage and historic Super Bowl season. 

Problem is, we'd have to choose either the Titans throwbacks or the '17 throwbacks or just change the black helmet for the existing black uniform.  Can't have all 3.  Can only have 1 alternate helmet for 2022.  And the decision must be made by July 31, that's in four weeks.

SAR I

9 hours ago, jgb said:

I wonder what Korn Ferry, Peyton Manning, and Charlie Casserly think.

Reminds me of a work experience when we had a new initiative. The Global function head said "let's do a survey on what to name it at our annual meeting." So we did and announced the winning name up on stage. Later, she rejected the decision and named it herself. I told her that was really demotivating for the team. If you want to give people the choice, you need to accept the peoples' choice. She hated me lol.

I'm not sure what part of this story is worse.

Crowd-sourcing a decision this important, or...

unilaterally making the decision without strategy and/or collaborators.

Unreal.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, jgb said:

I wonder what Korn Ferry, Peyton Manning, and Charlie Casserly think.

Reminds me of a work experience when we had a new initiative. The Global function head said "let's do a survey on what to name it at our annual meeting." So we did and announced the winning name up on stage. Later, she rejected the decision and named it herself. I told her that was really demotivating for the team. If you want to give people the choice, you need to accept the peoples' choice. She hated me lol.

That was like that High School I heard about where they gave the kids a shot at re-naming it.  The teachers/principal suggested some lame name themselves.  But the kids all unanimously voted to name it "Led Zeppelin High" after one kid nominated it.  The teachers and principal went with the one they wanted, lol.

The kids learned a lesson in American "democracy" that day.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I much prefer this one... 

442c70a15f1fcad62c5a85e3f808c575--jets-football-football-helmets.jpg

Illegal helmet.

The second helmet can either be a) a historically accurate design to use specifically with a full throwback uniform or b) a brand new design which features the existing primary team logo.

As the Jets never had a black helmet historically, the only logo that would appear on the helmet if it were black will be the existing primary logo.

Don't make me say this again.  The only helmets the Jets are allowed to run with are:

1.  1968/2018 white helmet with original NY oval logo (only if they wear matching throwback 1968/2018 uniforms too).  You can add the '64 with the airplane if you like.  You can add the '15 color rush if you like.  

2.  1980 green helmet with Concorde logo (only if they wear matching throwback 1980 uniforms too).

3.  2010 AFL NY Titans (only if they wear matching throwback Titans uniforms too).

4.  Any crazy helmet design they want to introduce right down to pink camouflage or yellow zebra stripes (but this shall include the existing team logo).

Stop with the renderings of non-throwback helmets with non-current logos.  Those are illegal and will be called out as such.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Please... No more black Jets uniform colors.  The NFL already has the Raiders.  Never try to be who you aint.  Go back to the legacy uniforms.  If they insist on something else, use the current metallic green helmet with a white face mask and the 1980's jets logo WITHOUT any black outline. 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Please... No more black Jets uniform colors.  The NFL already has the Raiders.  Never try to be who you aint.  Go back to the legacy uniforms.  If they insist on something else, use the current metallic green helmet with a white face mask and the 1980's jets logo WITHOUT any black outline. 

Illegal helmet.

The rules clearly state that if a team uses a helmet that is not historically accurate then they cannot use a historic logo.  The current metallic green helmet can only utilize the current primary logo.  The only Jets alternate helmet that can use the 80's Concorde logo would be the historically correct 80's helmet and only if it is worn with a historically correct 80's throwback uniform.

Don't make me say this again.  The only helmets the Jets are allowed to run with are:

1.  1968/2018 white helmet with original NY oval logo (only if they wear matching throwback 1968/2018 uniforms too).  You can add the '64 with the airplane if you like.  You can add the '15 color rush if you like.  

2.  1980 green helmet with Concorde logo (only if they wear matching throwback 1980 uniforms too).

3.  2010 AFL NY Titans (only if they wear matching throwback Titans uniforms too).

4.  Any crazy helmet design they want to introduce right down to pink camouflage or yellow zebra stripes (but this shall include only the existing team logo).

Stop with the renderings and fantasies of non-throwback helmets with non-current logos.  Those are illegal and will be called out as such.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Illegal helmet.

The second helmet can either be a) a historically accurate design to use specifically with a full throwback uniform or b) a brand new design which features the existing primary team logo.

As the Jets never had a black helmet historically, the only logo that would appear on the helmet if it were black will be the existing primary logo.

Don't make me say this again.  The only helmets the Jets are allowed to run with are:

4.  Any crazy helmet design they want to introduce right down to pink camouflage or yellow zebra stripes (but this shall include the existing team logo).

Stop with the renderings of non-throwback helmets with non-current logos.  Those are illegal and will be called out as such.

SAR I

I still much prefer this one. ?

442c70a15f1fcad62c5a85e3f808c575--jets-football-football-helmets.jpg

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh man. If we all buckle down and get to work I think we can meet that deadline but it's gonna be close. Let's set up a Zoom so everyone can sync their Outlook calendars.

blkorwht.jpg

On the left is the one we should be praying for (along with matching white throwback uniform) but the one on the right is the one we're going to get (Jets trying to make the new uniforms stick and don't want to compete with the 18's).

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

blkorwht.jpg

On the left is the one we should be praying for (along with matching white uniform) but the one on the right is the one we're going to get (Jets trying to make the new uniforms stick).

SAR I

The white one is really nice. Black one looks like someone just put that logo on a random helmet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The white one is really nice. Black one looks like someone just put that logo on a random helmet. 

New+York+Jets+All+White.jpg

Agreed.  All the Jets have to do is post this photo and it's done, Jets fans around the world will rejoice. 

But, no, someone in the FO is going to say its going to hurt the already-pathetic sales of the new uniforms just as Saleh and Wilson are arriving to give them a boost so they won't do it.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed.  All the Jets have to do is post this photo and it's done, Jets fans around the world will rejoice. 

But, no, someone in the FO is going to say its going to hurt the already-pathetic sales of the new uniforms just as Saleh and Wilson are arriving to give them a boost so they won't do it.

SAR I

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing a true Namath era throwback….complete with the correct/current green….I also thought the gray face masks we wore against the colts a few years back looked good.

image.thumb.jpeg.2de280daeadb6cce15f1ea877786b1ae.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah, those look great 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Illegal helmet.

The rules clearly state that if a team uses a helmet that is not historically accurate then they cannot use a historic logo.  The current metallic green helmet can only utilize the current primary logo.  The only Jets alternate helmet that can use the 80's Concorde logo would be the historically correct 80's helmet and only if it is worn with a historically correct 80's throwback uniform.

Don't make me say this again.  The only helmets the Jets are allowed to run with are:

4.  Any crazy helmet design they want to introduce right down to pink camouflage or yellow zebra stripes (but this shall include only the existing team logo).

Stop with the renderings and fantasies of non-throwback helmets with non-current logos.  Those are illegal and will be called out as such.

SAR I

OK, Matlock... 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing a true Namath era throwback….complete with the correct/current green….I also thought the gray face masks we wore against the colts a few years back looked good.

image.thumb.jpeg.2de280daeadb6cce15f1ea877786b1ae.jpeg

23994553-standard.jpg

Agreed.  I think any take on the 68's with the classic white helmet will be embraced by Jets fans worldwide.

I fear that the Jets are going to blow the opportunity and give us Stealth Black helmets while the Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos, and Oilers whip out their awesome and complete AFL throwbacks.  Very disappointing.  I'm full Eeyore on this one.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

2022alternates.jpg

My ideal 4-pack would be:

1.  Gotham Green (Core, modern uniform)

2.  Stealth Black (Core, players love them, green or black helmets)

3.  '17 All-White's (Alternate, best uni's ever)

4.  '10 White Titans (Alternate, rare that a team allowed to change colors)

That gives us the existing green and black as core modern uniforms and two white throwback optional alternates that recognize our AFL heritage and historic Super Bowl season. 

Problem is, we'd have to choose either the Titans throwbacks or the '17 throwbacks or just change the black helmet for the existing black uniform.  Can't have all 3.  Can only have 1 alternate helmet for 2022.  And the decision must be made by July 31, that's in four weeks.

SAR I

The 2017-18 "white-out" alternate uniforms were beautiful. The redesign should have been a play on them rather than what they ended up going with.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

23994553-standard.jpg

Agreed.  I think any take on the 68's with the classic white helmet will be embraced by Jets fans worldwide.

I fear that the Jets are going to blow the opportunity and give us Stealth Black helmets while the Patriots, Chargers, Dolphins, Broncos, and Oilers whip out their awesome and complete AFL throwbacks.  Very disappointing.  I'm full Eeyore on this one.

SAR I

I don’t think it’s Eeyore, you’re being realistic.  Most of us would absolutely love a full Namath throwback or a full 80s throwback.  I fear they’ll go with a black helmet too just to further pump up the new redesign.  

Going with our regular unis from 98-2018 as an alternate would be them admitting they didn’t get the redesign correct (personally I enjoy our new unis but I do really miss our old ones).  

But a full on new throwback would be totally different and wouldn’t directly compete with the new design, which is why I think it’ll be a totally new throwback or a stealth black helmet to enhance our current alternates.

41 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

But a full on new throwback would be totally different and wouldn’t directly compete with the new design, which is why I think it’ll be a totally new throwback or a stealth black helmet to enhance our current alternates.

I can go either way, and I agree with you.  

Thing is, with 4 uniforms, what are we fighting for?  Once a year for fun?  Maybe twice?  It makes no material difference.  

SAR I

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can go either way, and I agree with you.  

Thing is, with 4 uniforms, what are we fighting for?  Once a year for fun?  Maybe twice?  It makes no material difference.  

SAR I

You've sure posted alot about it for something that doesn't make a difference.

Let folks have their fun ffs.  

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You've sure posted alot about it for something that doesn't make a difference.

Let folks have their fun ffs.  

The core uniforms make a difference.  We wear them 13 times.  A black helmet we’ll see 3 times.  A throwback helmet we’ll see 1 time.  

There is no “fun”.  This season is about results.  

Eat glass no cake.  

SAR I

The news unis suck...the ew helmet is coo with the metallic green. What we need to do is just roll with the titan uniform and change the colors black green white etc...then throwback to the titans colors ...get rid of this stupid weird spit swipe on the should crap.

Hell our practice jerseys - red -  black etc looks better than the game day stuff