Jump to content

Woody Johnson Requests Opinions on Alternate Helmets


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty much everyone in that thread requested the 80s helmet. 

The 80’s helmet should just be the current helmet. The throwbacks should be the unis and helmets we were just wearing 3 years ago.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

That was like that High School I heard about where they gave the kids a shot at re-naming it.  The teachers/principal suggested some lame name themselves.  But the kids all unanimously voted to name it "Led Zeppelin High" after one kid nominated it.  The teachers and principal went with the one they wanted, lol.

The kids learned a lesson in American "democracy" that day.

That's brilliant ha ha. My high school was new when I was a freshman. We also had a naming vote for our mascot. The administrators were smart enough to (1) provide a pre-set list of "acceptable choices" with no box for write-ins (as if that stopped us); and (2) not make the poll results public. We all suspected it was a fake democracy because no one admitted voting for the winning name. I still think Voltron would've been a bad-ass mascot!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

But any helmet that doesn't need to spell jets on it.

Unless you are advocating for the AFL NY Titans, that is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such.

The rules are simple:

The alternate helmet can be either a) an authentic throwback to a past Jets uniform or b) a brand new design featuring the existing logo.  As only the Titans helmet did not spell "Jets" on it, that is your only option.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viermoo said:

That is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such.

That design is not an authentic reproduction of a legacy helmet, therefore it can only feature our existing logo.

Stop putting up renderings of illegal helmet designs.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

But any helmet that doesn't need to spell jets on it. We know how to spell it. God I hate the uniform..

 

How could we not? We practice 10x every game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such.

That design is not an authentic reproduction of a legacy helmet, therefore it can only feature our existing logo.

Stop putting up renderings of illegal helmet designs.

SAR I

We finally found a subject that I trust SAR's opinion on.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, Warfish said:

You're probably right.

Shame, that is truly horrific.  Maybe add a white (instead of black) outline to the green logo, maybe that'd be a bit better.  As is black+black outline+dark green is a muddy mess..  Not "cool" at all.

Please god no. What is it with black clothes now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jgb said:

That's brilliant ha ha. My high school was new when I was a freshman. We also had a naming vote for our mascot. The administrators were smart enough to (1) provide a pre-set list of "acceptable choices" with no box for write-ins (as if that stopped us); and (2) not make the poll results public. We all suspected it was a fake democracy because no one admitted voting for the winning name. I still think Voltron would've been a bad-ass mascot!

But there is only one Voltron! You couldn't be the Voltrons.  Thundercats, on the other hand...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

But there is only one Voltron! You couldn't be the Voltrons.  Thundercats, on the other hand...

What were the individual cat robots that combined to make voltron called? Damn this discussion gonna send me into a YouTube k-hole.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

But there is only one Voltron! You couldn't be the Voltrons.  Thundercats, on the other hand...

Oh and the preordained choice was a singular noun… “The Pride.” No high school kid would ever vote for that. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Unless you are advocating for the AFL NY Titans, that is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such.

The rules are simple:

The alternate helmet can be either a) an authentic throwback to a past Jets uniform or b) a brand new design featuring the existing logo.  As only the Titans helmet did not spell "Jets" on it, that is your only option.

SAR I

well said .. my point is just advocating we get a better design and the TITAN throw back is much better..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Can we get a helmet with a paper bag texture veneer and a tinted visor that looks like 2 eye holes?

That is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such- unless it features the current Jets logo in which case it is allowed.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’d really like to see the retro 80’s Green ones. 

You won't.

Because to get that helmet the Jets would have to commit to an entire 80's throwback uniform and it looks too similar to the new one from Nike.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SAR I said:

That is an illegal helmet and will be called out as such- unless it features the current Jets logo in which case it is allowed.

SAR I

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
I hate the Titans helmet, that is god awful. Don't like the black one either. The others are good. Personally I like the one from the '80s


Thats not the helmet from the 80s. Its from the 90s and I really wish people would stop confusing the two.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I don't think it really matters what helmet Woody wears. It's too late. He should have had one on when he was dropped as a child.

Harsh but fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yocousinvinny said:

The topic of uniforms seems to be as divisive as politics and religion.  At this point I don't care what they wear, it'll look good so long as they're scoring points and winning games.

Next new uniform reveal circa 2025

pink bunny christmas story costume cheap online

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2021 at 10:17 PM, SAR I said:

titans.jpg

 

Just gonna leave this here.  (Mekhi commented on how much he loved this on the Twitter).

SAR I

That stupid shoulder swoosh actually looks a lot better in blue & gold than green & white. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If we waste our throwback on those putrid Titans unis I'll be pissed.

Don't worry about that.  The NFL will save that for the 75th Anniversary of the AFL in 2035.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, slats said:

That stupid shoulder swoosh actually looks a lot better in blue & gold than green & white. 

its ridiculous that we picked that look. I mean at the time we were all excited and the Jets just picked some dumb crap. I really wish they would put Joe in charge of the unifomr. How ******* hard is it just to get a logo and color a uniform...We lookfuinking stupid in those little swoosh things...but you know whatever all I care about is winning really, but damn i bought a ******* Wilson jersey and it just looks dumb.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

its ridiculous that we picked that look. I mean at the time we were all excited and the Jets just picked some dumb crap. I really wish they would put Joe in charge of the unifomr. How ******* hard is it just to get a logo and color a uniform...We lookfuinking stupid in those little swoosh things...but you know whatever all I care about is winning really, but damn i bought a ******* Wilson jersey and it just looks dumb.

Buy a customized classic uni with Wilson's # and name?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, Gibby said:

Anyone who says yes to black gets a throat punch. Classic white please. Then in a few years- realize the error of your ways and make it permanent again. You can keep the new color green  with the classic design-( I’m cool with that) bag the gay green helmets- make them the 80’s alternate if you want- white face mask though 85 version not 91.

Yes...

🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, slats said:

That stupid shoulder swoosh actually looks a lot better in blue & gold than green & white. 

Also looks like the Rams

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 4:25 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

 

 

 

The black helmet would only match the black jersey.  It would look weird with the green or white. 

Better off going with a white helmet with the current logo.

They could wear it with any combo.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

 

The black helmet would only match the black jersey.  It would look weird with the green or white. 

Better off going with a white helmet with the current logo.

They could wear it with any combo.  

It would only be worn with one alternate jersey anyways…

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2021 at 1:50 PM, slats said:

That stupid shoulder swoosh actually looks a lot better in blue & gold than green & white. 

Looks great on both.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...