Moses Signing 1 yr deal with Jets

Extremely happy about this. I can’t wait to see this team hit the field. 

boys we deserve this. we have waited and suffered a very very long time.

Nothing written in stone of course, but, the good feelings are a start and we have our competent staff to thank for supplying us with that time after time this offseason.

awesome move.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

That was my first thought too. My guess is that, while there was Market for him, I'm thinking the salary offers weren't what he's looking for. There are MUCH better teams than the Jets that could use a T like him. 

Salary cap is low this year, teams are strapped. We know JD is frugal with his money and I doubt he was offering anything multi-year that Moses thinks he's worth. My best guess is he took a 1 year deal with a team he will most definitely start for, he'll go out there motivated af to cash in on a multi-year deal next offseason when teams have more money. 

Id be happy if he has him for multiple years but he is going to be motivated as hell for that next contract next year. I see no chance he doesn't outplay and start in front of Fant, who already cashed in on a multi year deal that he wasn't worth 

The only other team that was interested were the Bears and they wanted him to play LT, which he's never played before. 

2 hours ago, Alka said:

I am happy that he signed with us, but what's with this one-year deal?  It seems very unusual to me.  It's not like he needs to prove himself, since he played well up until now.

My guess is that he asked for that. He got cut with other teams potentially set at OL so market was not as vast as could have been. Next year gets to test FA with all the teams from the start.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

My guess is that he asked for that. He got cut with other teams potentially set at OL so market was not as vast as could have been. Next year gets to test FA with all the teams from the start.

Plus the cap goes up next year with a year of fans in the stands and he can cash in with us or someone else.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How did he get 2 firsts for jamal, a 2nd for darnold?  How did he get elijah moore in rnd 2, michael carter in rnd 4????

Joe Douglas is magic!

"Stop fawning. Im a happily married man"12877090.thumb.jpeg.94bd4331e686d8258ed2991e34f9cb22.jpeg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Him taking so little money makes it seem like he’d be moving to guard. But him wanting the 1 year deal makes it seem like he’s looking for a future tackle pay day. It’s interesting.

Yeah, IMO there are some things going on here, we as fans ,don't know about.  Lot of moving parts in that T spot right now.

No matter what's going on behind the scenes, Moses is an excellent signing.

• Upvote 3