Moses Signing 1 yr deal with Jets

8 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm not pouting brah.. I haven't posted in over a month.  I'm just expressing my blahness about the offseason.

There's plenty of people willing to engage in a Zippy circle jerk if that's your thing.

Please go away for a few more months, or years. Thanks

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

It's not really a circle jerk. Just the run-of-the-mill fan hopefulness for a new season. You, on the other hand, are just peeing in everyone's Cheerios like a little baby because you spent the whole offseason assuring everyone the Jets were going to bring back Darnold. I believe you called everyone who disagreed "delusional." Hey, you can always become a Panthers fan,.

We're already having story time?  What else did I say besides anyone who disagrees with me is delusional?  I like good fiction as much as the next guy.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I remember someone wanting to trade draft assets to WFT for the privilege of picking up his $10M salary, Joe Douglas waited until he was cut and paid him half that - and the. only if he plays 80% of the offensive snaps this year. Two very different situations. Trading would’ve been expensive and a little dumb, waiting was smart. 

Who was that?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, slats said:

The WR corps in 2022 is Davis, Mims, Moore. Cole, Crowder, and Berrios are all free agents. It’s fair to question Mims’ health, he needs to do a lot better this season. I think WR and TE could be addressed in the first three rounds next year. 

I get what youre saying about the WRs on one year deals.  Whats good about that is that whoever doest produce for whatever reason will be gone, the rest will be here.  I guess it depends on their production, if two fall short of expectations we could draft another.  Though I dont think its going to be a top 10 of the 1st round that Joe wants.  

As for Mims, I hope I'm right but hammy pulls in the COVID season, no OTAs, camp, preseason games led to a whole lot of soft tissue injuries around the league.  Lots of players without the usual training regimen blowing hamstrings.  I'm not ready to worry about injuries at this point

• Upvote 1

Damn our offence looks absolutely legit around the QB.
They were not lying when they said they’d support Zach.
F*ck Mac.
It's taking you up to now to figure that out? Mac was a clusterf*ck. A GD gypsy that had NO idea what he was doing. No disrespect here toward you, but he SHOULD have been fired immediately after the 2016 draft....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we should all be like you and make a concerted effort to protect the ginger surfer with three seasons of less than mediocre play?

Boy band QB.  Has to be the laziest and most pointless complain about the upcoming season.  

"ginger surfer"  I LOL'd.

• Haha 2

So this move clearly accomplishes one thing: improved quality depth on the o line.  Big plus there.  

what is the most likely scenario:

- Fant becomes back up swing tackle abs Moses starts at RT?

- moses becomes the swing back up?

-moses moves to rg and Fant stays at RT?

any of the 3 scenarios, we are a better team but just curious what the most likely is. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"ginger surfer"  I LOL'd.

I mean, really?  Hes going to make fun of Zach for looking young and cute while pimping some ugly bastard with that lame neck beard thing he tried to grow?  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

So this move clearly accomplishes one thing: improved quality depth on the o line.  Big plus there.  

any of the 3 scenarios, we are a better team but just curious what the most likely is. 

Scenario 4:

Moses starts at RT & Fant competes for RG position with Lewis, Clark, Feeney, GVR. GVR will be cut ($3m cap savings). Fant released next year ($9 m savings)

9 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

No, it clearly makes the starting OL much stronger first and secondly increases depth at the same time

3 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

IMO the most likely is the first.    "Fant becomes back up swing tackle abs Moses starts at RT?"  

Keep in mind that Fant is also an excellent blocking TE.  That's how he broke into the league after playing BB in college.  Fant is overpaid at $9M, but still a very valuable player who can play at an NFL level at 3 positions of need.

I read JD wanted to sign Moses for 2 years, but Moses only wanted to sign for one so he could prove himself for next season when the league cap situation will be much better for FA's.  Think it's very unlikely he would agree to play swing T, or move to the mostly lower paying position of G which he has never played before.  

As you said, What ever the outcome is this is an excellent signing for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I think it’s more likely Becton will be hurt a lot and both of these guys will be starting T’s. L or R I don’t know.  

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

It’s a prediction what can I say

Fair enough....But JD has taken, literally, the worst roster talent wise three years ago and quite possibly has built an offensive team that could actually score 20-30 points a game.  Our defense isn't as bad as some make it out to be.  The 'X' factor will be the young corners and how Mosely plays.  But that is one draft and about 2-3 FA signings from being solid again.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Fair enough....But JD has taken, literally, the worst roster talent wise three years ago and quite possibly has built an offensive team that could actually score 20-30 points a game.  Our defense isn't as bad as some make it out to be.  The 'X' factor will be the young corners and how Mosely plays.  But that is one draft and about 2-3 FA signings from being solid again.  

Oh I agree I think our offense will be ranked much higher than our defense so long as Zach is merely adequate 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it’s more likely Becton will be hurt a lot and both of these guys will be starting T’s. L or R I don’t know.  

You can't teach attitude.  Becton will eventually have to realize that if he wants big cheques, he will have to take care of himself physically.

If you are a baseball fan, you saw this with Vladimir Guerrero Jr. for the Jays.  He was touted as THE player coming in two years ago, but just wasn't putting up the numbers.  He dedicated himself to physical training (4x a week), changed his diet, quit drinking, and came in 42 pounds lighter and MUCH stronger.

Well, if you are a baseball fan, you know he is threatening for the triple-crown this year.  Becton could be this good.  But he is going to need to commit to a true NFL training regime.  The only thing that will stop Becton from being one of the best LT's in the game is Becton.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh I agree I think our offense will be ranked much higher than our defense so long as Zach is merely adequate 

I like Saleh's approach though: Put the kids in, see what you got, and go from there.  We still may sign a Richard Sherman after exhibition games are done, but there is some young talent there who wants to win starting jobs.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I like Saleh's approach though: Put the kids in, see what you got, and go from there.  We still may sign a Richard Sherman after exhibition games are done, but there is some young talent there who wants to win starting jobs.  

I like his approach also. One of the dividends of finally having a GM/HC on the same page and timeframe.

• Upvote 1