Are the Jets shopping LB CJ Mosley?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

This Twitter account was exposed years ago as a SF 49ers fan living in Kentucky who just makes things up.  One of their “reporters” doesn’t exist and got exposed tweeting from the account they use to report…defending the reporter as a real person.

BC670448-7074-40CD-B709-F2DB27360D33.thumb.jpeg.bc9043c240aa57f879677c9253e6c441.jpeg
ED02AD86-5E5F-499F-A524-3B6A810AF6A7.thumb.jpeg.a433cc060cd049334b97ebf62045bc82.jpegFAF5D951-0F6A-44CA-9EBC-BC2F47D762E3.thumb.jpeg.cc076eba20741ea301cf83187615ef50.jpegE1AB7390-EB82-4294-ADF0-3F4996C91AB4.thumb.jpeg.53ae6135e78de1093e37bfc913629e13.jpeg

It's amazing to me you have to explain random Twitter accounts are a poor source of information. lol  Honestly blue check marks aren't a great source of information.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Larz said:

Anything is possible but what team could take his contract?

if the jets pay part of it, what compensation in return makes sense?

The Jets already did pay part of it: last year they paid half his year-2 money. He’s got 2 years left, but only 1.5 years of $ left.

This is hardly a credible source, though. 

• Upvote 2

I think Joe D had interest in trading Mosely before the draft.  But after OTAs, i think Mosely proved to the coaching staff that he is healthy, a great leader and is still a pro bowl caliber player.

CJ Mosely will not only be on the team this year, but will be the mvp of the defense.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Make it so jean luc picard star trek the next generation ...

Why?

There's no incentive to move him this year, they dont save enough and they might as well get something for their investment.  Especially when he was one of the better players at camp and LB is a position of need

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me at all but I’d rather keep Mosely. The defense might be the weaker of the two units and you’d hate to lose  Mosely unless the idea was to move his contract then double down on proven CBs 

Id rather we keep him too, the D can surely use his services.

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Anything is possible but what team could take his contract?

if the jets pay part of it, what compensation in return makes sense?

To trade Moseley would be utterly stupid.  He was playing at an all-pro caliber level before his injury. He has at least from what I have seen thus far shown up to camp in great shape, and has a very positive attitude.  He is the only proven legitimate linebacker that we have on the roster.  After loading up on defensive line, "Why in the world would the Jets shortchange the linebacking corps?"

So, just because we are talking stupid here, his contract is large, and one of the only teams that can afford him is the NY Jets. 

As for compensation, in my mind he is worth a 4th round draft pick at this point in his career.  His value would be higher if he didn't opt out last year, and miss the great majority of the previous year with a severe injury.  If he played in the future like he did in the past, he would be worth a 2nd round pick in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

What Joe Douglas pictures every time he looks at one of Macc's acquisitions:

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

LMFAO!  This thing is so brilliant it's not funny.  But it is. 

Max needs to put this post in the site banner.  Nice work, Spoot.  First laugh of the day for me and I'm sure many others.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Jets already did pay part of it: last year they paid half his year-2 money. He’s got 2 years left, but only 1.5 years of $ left.

This is hardly a credible source, though. 

So if the jets wanted to kick in like 2 mill to make it more palatable, what would the other team be absorbing?    

i know this is a bogus article but I’m bored lol

Before the players showed up to OTA's I had said that Mosley was retired, and had a "take the money and run" attitude.  He'd be on IR before the season. 

I've changed my mind.  All the reports I have read said Mosely is in great shape, playing with great quickness,  has a great attitude, and is acting like a leader. 

With as young as this team is, those traits on a Pro Bowl level vet are invaluable.  IMO, unless somebody blows JD away with an offer, which I doubt will happen because of his $, he is worth the over pay to this team more then most teams.

IMO, it would be foolish to move him at this point. 

• Upvote 2