Which Player Must Improve ?

Coming into this season .. pick one player that must improve the most in your opinion.

Lots of options .. pick one..

Mine ... Mr. Denzel Mims ... guys has to show me he can stay healthy, know his routes and become a game changer.

All the boxes are checked for him but now he needs to show dominance.

I have hope ... but would not put my money down.

Otherwise ... bust ... and might as well trade him while he still has any value.

Tired of our high draft picks turning out JAGs.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Herdon by a mile.  

He is the guy that can transform the offense.   If he was even back to his rookie level of production this offense becomes that much harder to stop.   Mims growing into his role and starting would be great, but we have other WR that can take his spot if he doesnt.  At TE not so much.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

I expect decent or slightly better from this group.

Mims has to become a dominate game changer otherwise hes a bust?

As a 2nd round pick?

It would be great if he did become that kind of WR but has to?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Mims has to become a dominate game changer otherwise hes a bust?

As a 2nd round pick?

It would be great if he did become that kind of WR but has to?

I didnt say that.  Not sure where youre getting that.   Youre quoting my response to the collection of guards looking to play on the right

• Upvote 1

We finally have depth. So I’m not seeing too many guys that have to improve because someone behind him could be the guy.

But I’d go with McGovern. We need him to play well all year. Herndon is another guy but I’m not counting on him. Mosley is another guy we need to stay healthy all year. We will have a young defense and Mosley’s experience will help a ton.

It would be nice for Mims to step up but it’s not a must because Davis, Crowder, Cole and Moore could form an excellent group.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think the obvious guys seem to be Mims and Herndon. But we should really differentiate between staying healthy and improving. When healthy, Mims has already flashed quite a bit. Herndon on the other hand has struggled at times when healthy and given opportunities. So to me its Herndon who really has to improve. 

Otherwise I would say McGovern. While it would be great to see GVR or Lewis or Clark or Feeney to elevate their play to fill in as a solid starter, you can't nec. expect that out of these guys- who have never really proven they can be that on a consistent basis.

McGovern on the other hand was signed exactly to fill that role for us at the C position and he was a bit of a disappointment. He needs to improve to justify his contract and role as a critical starter in the middle of that line.   

• Upvote 2

Yeah not sure guys can 'improve' their ability to avoid soft tissue injuries other than doing what most/all NFL teams demand (hydrate, stretch, etc.). Same for concussions.

He can improve his route running for sure but when on the field he was definitely in good shape to be a quality performer.

Same for Becton and Mosley.

I vote Herndon on O and Bless on D.

I didnt say that.  Not sure where youre getting that.   Youre quoting my response to the collection of guards looking to play on the right
I said it .. a 2nd round pick is a bust if they are never on the field and live off legend.

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I said it .. a 2nd round pick is a bust if they are never on the field and live off legend.

Obviously you want to talk about Mims

You asked who must improve.   I think Mims will be fine but if not there are 4-5 other WR that can play if he cant or doesnt play well.   We dont have that situation at TE.   Herndon playing well and becoming a true offensive threat really elevates our offense

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Coming into this season .. pick one player that must improve the most in your opinion.

Lots of options .. pick one..

Mine ... Mr. Denzel Mims ... guys has to show me he can stay healthy, know his routes and become a game changer.

All the boxes are checked for him but now he needs to show dominance.

I have hope ... but would not put my money down.

Otherwise ... bust ... and might as well trade him while he still has any value.

Tired of our high draft picks turning out JAGs.

the spot that they have to  be carful is the QB G 

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

We finally have depth. So I’m not seeing too many guys that have to improve because someone behind him could be the guy.

But I’d go with McGovern. We need him to play well all year. Herndon is another guy but I’m not counting on him. Mosley is another guy we need to stay healthy all year. We will have a young defense and Mosley’s experience will help a ton.

It would be nice for Mims to step up but it’s not a must because Davis, Crowder, Cole and Moore could form an excellent group.

Beat me to it!

McGovern needs to perform like an NFL center.

• Upvote 1

Everybody has some good points. I agree on Mims, Perine, Becton, Clark, Davis Etc. It's time for these guys to stop acting like they're superstars and signing up for IR before they've even done anything.

This is going to be a very interesting year. We're going to separate the Men from the boys.

I think we're actually going to put a real Football Team together.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

In my opinion, Bryce Hall becoming what people thought he could be pre-injury would be the biggest benefit to this team from a returning player improvement standpoint.  If hall is a borderline CB1/Solid CB2 week in week out, the D could be pretty good.

• Upvote 1

The answer is Mcgovern if he doesn't play to the level of his salary then the ripple effect throughout the line and the offense as a whole could will pretty significant one way or the other.   The rest of the answers we can pretty much move on from.

10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Sorry, have no idea how I mixed the posts up, was answering or meant to answer a post about Mims.  

Getting sloppier with age.