Is the Ape dead yet? Season 1 - Ape not dead yet

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Personally, I applaud the town for being open minded.  I'm really not lying.  I'm also much more known for my town skills then my scum skills.   Either way, I do apologize that my expert level of play has me landing on you at this point.  

If you had to guess someone other then me, who would it be?

I'm a chimpanzee what do I know?

If not you crusher 

• Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Was there anything in your PM that was related to fire?

No, I only found that out upon further research, after JiF noted the info he received back from Nolder.  Apparently Nolder wanted us to do our own research on some of these things…

I’m a Gorilla. Majestic, I know. 
Which means Nolder assigned the following species:

Barry: Lemur

Spoot: Mandrill

80: Bonobo

Crusher: Baboon

Arsis: Chimpanzee

GS: Gorilla

JiF: flavor cop

Jville: “also a Bonobo”

——

Ape: Tiger 

Drums: Hunter

—— 

Jville, who’s played a stellar game btw,  claimed Bonobo after 80 claimed Bonobo. 

Do we really think Nolder gave up on assigning unique species and said **** it I’ll just make him another bonobo? 

NOLDER?! the guy who shared with me a fun fact about gorillas and koalas, just lazily assigned Jvill a duplicate animal type????   No way.  Good game man, you made one…fatal…mistake. 

VOTE JVILLE

5 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote

I feel a bit better about JiF and 80 after the whole bonobos can make fire thing (again, ****in @Nolder). I will say though I’m also a bonobo. Not sure what to make of that, but if anyone wants to talk more monkeys I guess I’m game (again again, ****in @Nolder )

Yeah right… “****in @Nolder

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

——

—— 

Jville, who’s played a stellar game btw,  claimed Bonobo after 80 claimed Bonobo. 

Do we really think Nolder gave up on assigning unique species and said **** it I’ll just make him another bonobo? 

NOLDER?! the guy who shared with me a fun fact about gorillas and koalas, just lazily assigned Jvill a duplicate animal type????   No way.  Good game man, you made one…fatal…mistake. 

VOTE JVILLE

Damn, give me a minute. Jvill we had played super clean. 

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

——

—— 

VOTE JVILLE

Pretty good actually.

I'm an Orangutan. 

This might be a pretty legit case.

Actually, 80 should go first if we’re going this route. If he’s scum that could mean him and JiF concocted this whole thing and this is lylo. If he flips town bonobo you lynch me after. Town will lose but we can blame Nolder so we still win.

Vote 80

9 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Was there anything in your PM that was related to fire?

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I only found that out upon further research, after JiF noted the info he received back from Nolder.  Apparently Nolder wanted us to do our own research on some of these things…

7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

NOLDER?! the guy who shared with me a fun fact about gorillas and koalas, just lazily assigned Jvill a duplicate animal type????

I asked 80 that question because I was also given a fun fact about bonobos. If 80 responded yes, I figured we could conclude that they were at least aligned one way or another and if 80’s town that provides a reasonable way for JiF’s role to work and some utility to the fun facts.

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I asked 80 that question because I was also given a fun fact about bonobos. If 80 responded yes, I figured we could conclude that they were at least aligned one way or another and if 80’s town that provides a reasonable way for JiF’s role to work and some utility to the fun facts.

I'd vote 80 out of the 2.

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just when back and looked at Barry’s death scene.. based on the bold below, no, I don’t think so:

On 7/2/2021 at 5:55 PM, Nolder said:

Barry, Town Lemur, has been killed.

Yes I know a Lemur is not an ape but I ran out of apes so **** off.

Solid case GS. I think it has to be me or 80 today.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I mean the entire reason I brought it up in the first place was because I thought it was a bit strange that we were both bonobos and was asking for input on it. If we’re lynching based off that fine, just lynch 80 after I flip.

You sure you don’t want to change your claim to Miller? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Who claimed Bonobis first? 

80 was first, in response to JiF saying his PM said 80 was building a fire:

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So this is what I get for trying to slow-play the day and thinking you're likely town.  Lame.  

By the way, I'm a bonobo chimpanzee, and upon further research I find that they can indeed build fires.  But lynch away and figure out the game tomorrow without me.  Whatevs.

Me:

13 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote

I feel a bit better about JiF and 80 after the whole bonobos can make fire thing (again, ****in @Nolder). I will say though I’m also a bonobo. Not sure what to make of that, but if anyone wants to talk more monkeys I guess I’m game (again again, ****in @Nolder )

Crusher was my best read but I feel better about his play today. GS has had his share of questionable play but not like that’s out of the norm for him. Arsis I struggle to read in general and there’s just not much that’s stood out to me Gameplay wise. Want to do a quick reread on him, but I think that’s my pool for today right now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Meh, not too interested in that right now. Since it’s possible we have to for starting monkeys right now your not the biggest issue I see at the moment. 

Translated version:

“two fire-starting monkeys”

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Didn't realize Jvill got the same "role".  Missed that reveal somehow.

Not sure if this helps, but I did receive some new info from Nolder.  Essentially, the bonobo is also referred to as a "Pygmy Chimpanzee".   @jvill 51 did Nolder tell you anything like this?  

I got a fact in my original role PM about how bonobos and humans share 98% of the same DNA. Haven’t received any additional facts beyond the original PM.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

I got a fact in my original role PM about how bonobos and humans share 98% of the same DNA. Haven’t received any additional facts beyond the original PM.

Again, just an excuse for Nolder to teach us all about monkeys under the guise of Mafia.

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, just an excuse for Nolder to teach us all about monkeys under the guise of Mafia.

The original fact in my role PM was that Bonobos were believed to be a subspecies of Chimpanzee until they were reclassified as their own distinct species in 1933.  F**kin Nolder.

I dunno why Nolder would put 2 bonobos in the game but Jvill's reveal rings true to me.  Jvill didn't vote me when I revealed, either.  He only just voted me after thinking it through and getting all the info. 

And if he's scum there'd be no reason to "counter" (if we can call it that) because it would just draw attention his way for no reason.  

If it has to be one of us today, fine, but I think maybe Nolder really did put 2 Bonobos in the game.  Just my 2 cents there....

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The original fact in my role PM was that Bonobos were believed to be a subspecies of Chimpanzee until they were reclassified as their own distinct species in 1933.  F**kin Nolder.

Did you ask him for new info or was it unprompted?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno why Nolder would put 2 bonobos in the game but Jvill's reveal rings true to me.  Jvill didn't vote me when I revealed, either.  He only just voted me after thinking it through and getting all the info. 

And if he's scum there'd be no reason to "counter" (if we can call it that) because it would just draw attention his way for no reason.  

If it has to be one of us today, fine, but I think maybe Nolder really did put 2 Bonobos in the game.  Just my 2 cents there....

Nolder admitted running out of Apes and made someone a Lemur, so we got that going for us. 

• Haha 1