Todd McShays 2022 NFL mock draft

NYJ1

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Has the Jets picking 4th? I think this is dumb. I don't believe there's any way the Jets are picking in the top 5 in the spring next year.

agree the jets will be in the middle of the first round my head says 8-9 my heart says 10-7

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Seattle is NOT going to be a bottom 10 team. Wtf are you guys talking about? Russell Wilson is still their QB. They didn't lose anybody from that offense this offseason. They actually upgraded by bringing in Gerald Everett.

The biggest issue on their defense was pass rush and they signed Aldon Smith and Kerry Hyder to address that. 

Arizona was a .500 team. They upgraded at WR with Green but then lost Patrick Peterson,  Hasaan Reddick, Kenyan Drake and Dan Arnold. They've gotten worse overall. 

The Rams got better with the addition of Stafford, no doubt.

The 49ers won 6 games last year with an injured roster. They lost 3 starters on defense and didn't improve much. 

I'm not sure how you guys think they're going to be worse this year. They went 12-4 last year and I think at worst they go 11-6.

They have a top heavy team in the toughest division in football.....a few injuries they could finish last in their division.  They also have a QB who was asking to be traded and Jamal Adams.  They can certainly win the division and thrive under a new offensive coordinator but there's also potential for a disaster.

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to get upset or offended by this whatsoever, tbh.

The Jets were absolutely pathetic last year in everyway imaginable. Most any other year without a prospect like Trevor Lawrence and another team trying harder to tank, we are easily the worst team in the league. Hell, over the past decade +, our record is worst in the league and "earns" the 1st overall pick more often than not.. And we are going into this year with a rookie QB on top of it of how epically bad we were last year. 

The majority of people here would be projecting any other team in the league with a top draft pick if they looked like the Jets did last year. It's not some kind of outrageous insult, it's a very realistic prediction for anybody looking at this team from the outside. 

Look, realistically, JD/Saleh could have this team showing substantial improvement from last year, and we could STILL end up with a top 5 draft pick! We were really THAT bad! We are one of the worst and least talented teams in the league until we show otherwise. That's just the reality right now. Let's hope our optimism is justified and Saleh really is the guy that can turn this around. 

• Upvote 2

I never like drafting corners in the first round but Stingley is the best college corner I’ve seen since Deion

Slovis is super physically limited, he’s a college qb and nothing more.  Can’t believe he has him going 2nd overall. He was basically a preferred walk on 

8 hours ago, undertow said:

They have a top heavy team in the toughest division in football.....a few injuries they could finish last in their division.  They also have a QB who was asking to be traded and Jamal Adams.  They can certainly win the division and thrive under a new offensive coordinator but there's also potential for a disaster.

The only way they finish last in that division is if they lose Wilson. That's it. And Wilson has come out and said he never requested a trade. 

I'm not really sure what you mean by "top heavy". Every team in the nfl is a few injuries away from being bad, especially if one of those injuries is to your star QB. If KC loses Mahomes for the year they'd be lucky to win 7 games. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, JiFapono said:

It really has though.  It's been getting bad to worse but this year was miserable.  The hot takes and the venom that comes with them are out of control.  It used to be my favorite part of the NFL because I love college ball and the Jets suck but it's hard to enjoy these days.  And this moron is a big reason why.  

Agreed.  There’s just so many “talking heads” out there all competing for attention, you end up with these guys saying literally anything to garner attention.  Then you have the faction of people who dig into a false narrative about a kid and perpetuate that and look to destroy a prospect.   Most of these guys just read a scouting report by Lance Zierlein on NFL.com and just run with it without ever seeing the kid actually play.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Holy bejebus, its still June.  SEC media day is next weekend.  lol

I remember when he did this a few years back and had Brad Kaya going top 5.   

The draft has jumped the shark.

I agree...

ESPN hires McShay to replace their DA Kiper.  Yet the new DA is even worse than the old DA.  Now they have two absolute turds doing the same thing!

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The only way they finish last in that division is if they lose Wilson. That's it. And Wilson has come out and said he never requested a trade. 

I'm not really sure what you mean by "top heavy". Every team in the nfl is a few injuries away from being bad, especially if one of those injuries is to your star QB. If KC loses Mahomes for the year they'd be lucky to win 7 games. 

Top heavy means they are in salary cap hell and don't have any depth because they haven't drafted well in 4 years.....there's 53 men on a roster that matter not just the QB and a few lit WRs.  Last year they had a poor offensive line, a poor D-line, the worst secondary in the league, no pass rush, and a poor running game.  It's not that controversial to say a few injuries on a team like this and the team would be in big trouble.

Just now, undertow said:

Top heavy means they are in salary cap hell and don't have any depth because they haven't drafted well in 5 years.....there's 53 men on a roster that matter not just the QB and a few lit WRs.

When you burn two 1s on a box safety, that also hurts.

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

When you burn two 1s on a box safety, that also hurts.

Exactly the question is when does it catch up to them.....I think they had like 3draft picks this year...it's gonna catch up to them at some point maybe it's this year maybe it's after they pay Adams and DJ Metcalf. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  There’s just so many “talking heads” out there all competing for attention, you end up with these guys saying literally anything to garner attention.  Then you have the faction of people who dig into a false narrative about a kid and perpetuate that and look to destroy a prospect.   Most of these guys just read a scouting report by Lance Zierlein on NFL.com and just run with it without ever seeing the kid actually play.  

Since this post, I've had 3 posters for no reason whatsoever, over something that has absolutely nothing to do with the draft, tell me that I'm still salty we didnt pick Fields.    Which is literally exactly what I was referring to this in this thread.   The draft was 3 months ago, I've fully embraced Zachapono and these dbags are still holding a grudge because I preferred Fields.

Unreal, dude, unreal.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, undertow said:

Exactly the question is when does it catch up to them.....I think they had like 3draft picks this year...it's gonna catch up to them at some point maybe it's this year maybe it's after they pay Adams and DJ Metcalf. 

If. 

If I had to guess, SEA will try to find a compromise with Adams by offering an incentive-based contract that could theoretically make him a highest-paid safety by a significant margin. I don't think Adams will take kindly to such an arrangement. We will see.

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Since this post, I've had 3 posters for no reason whatsoever, over something that has absolutely nothing to do with the draft, tell me that I'm still salty we didnt pick Fields.    Which is literally exactly what I was referring to this in this thread.   The draft was 3 months ago, I've fully embraced Zachapono and these dbags are still holding a grudge because I preferred Fields.

Unreal, dude, unreal.

While I disagree with the "dbag" characterization, I agree with you on the other stuff.

I also preferred Fields but what the Hell do I know? My track record in extrapolating college QBs to the pros is no better than any other random poster on this board. Fully behind Zach now because (a) I'm a Jets fan; and (b) it would be ridiculous to substitute my judgment on how a drafted QB will do in the pros for JD's.

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Unreal, dude, unreal.

It really is unreal.   These battle lines people draw regarding these kids is comical, you would think it’s their own son or something.   Eight months ago most of these mooks wouldn’t have known Zach Wilson if he had come up and kicked them in the nuts, now it’s like they’ve been fellating him since middle school and KNEW at age 12 he was going to be “special”.   

Very strange indeed.  

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets will be picking top 6, with Seattles pick.

It's not impossible. Seattle is not as good of a team as last year and they were shaky last year. Wilson lost a step and was not escaping as much. Would be so awesome if they just completely fell apart.

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

And a 3rd. I can't allow you to minimize the enjoyment I get from anything Jamal Adams.

???

And that was just the appetizer -- his performance in coverage during 2020 was the meal -- acrimonious contract dispute coming for dessert!

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Unreal, dude, unreal.

Jiff if any story is positive about Zack you always find a way to spin it negative. Now his mom could be a distraction what's next his girlfriend cheats on him with Fields??:hump:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It really is unreal.   These battle lines people draw regarding these kids is comical, you would think it’s their own son or something.   Eight months ago most of these mooks wouldn’t have known Zach Wilson if he had come up and kicked them in the nuts, now it’s like they’ve been fellating him since middle school and KNEW at age 12 he was going to be “special”.   

Very strange indeed.  

.....to continue where we left off....everything I post is about Justin Fields.  Legit, was just said to me.  lmfao.  My posts about RB depth, really a Justin Fields post.  My post about week 1 reactions, really a Justin Fields post.  Like I said, I'm done with that sh*t.

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Jiff if any story is positive about Zack you always find a way to spin it negative. Now his mom could be a distraction what's next his girlfriend cheats on him with Fields??:hump:

This literally couldnt be further from the truth and this is exactly what I'm talking about.  I've been very complimentary of him.  I've said it numerous times, he seems like a really good, smart kid who is all about ball.  I'm very excited to see what he'll become, especially after hearing the staff really think he's a perfect systems fit....but because I wanted Justin Fields, none of that is heard.  And that's all you and the other people I'm referring to talk about it.  It's ******* nauseating.  I literally have not posted a word about Fields since the draft.   Not a word.  You all bring it up, not me.  I dont even know if he's starting or not?  Are they going with Dalton?  Dont know, dont care, he's not my QB.  Zachapono is.  Sorry his mom is a moron.

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This literally couldnt be further from the truth and this is exactly what I'm talking about.  I've been very complimentary of him.  I've said it numerous times, he seems like a really good, smart kid who is all about ball.  I'm very excited to see what he'll become, especially after hearing the staff really think he's a perfect systems fit....but because I wanted Justin Fields, none of that is heard.  And that's all you and the other people I'm referring to talk about it.  It's ******* nauseating.  I literally have not posted a word about Fields since the draft.   Not a word.  You all bring it up, not me.  I dont even know if he's starting or not?  Are they going with Dalton?  Dont know, dont care, he's not my QB.  Zachapono is.  Sorry his mom is a moron.

Some of us like busting balls Jiff old boy I always enjoy your posts..:cheers: Your Avatar makes Zak look like a fragile nerd though..

My 2022 mock... I know almost none of these guys... dart board picks...

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• NYJ
    Myjai Sanders
    EDGE Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Isaiah Likely
    TE Coastal Carolina

• NYJ
    Justyn Ross
    WR Clemson

• NYJ
    Devin Lloyd
    LB Utah

• NYJ
    Mykael Wright
    CB Oregon
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Nick Broeker
    OT Mississippi
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Isaiah Pola-Mao
    S USC

• NYJ
    Shaun Jolly
    CB Appalachian State

• NYJ
    Dallas Gant
    LB Ohio State

• NYJ
    Jahan Dotson
    WR Penn State

9 hours ago, jgb said:

And that was just the appetizer -- his performance in coverage during 2020 was the meal -- acrimonious contract dispute coming for dessert!

That was a couple courses ago in this feast. I rather enjoy Seahawk fans reactions to sitting out the 1st round while we select the top G of the draft with their pick. Then when they soon realized its not even over and they'll be sitting out again next year too. 

Currently I'm throughly enjoying the anticipation of what's to come when they give him a contract?

• Haha 1