Todd McShays 2022 NFL mock draft

NYJ1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:17 AM, MichaelScott said:

I'm not going to get upset or offended by this whatsoever, tbh.

The Jets were absolutely pathetic last year in everyway imaginable. Most any other year without a prospect like Trevor Lawrence and another team trying harder to tank, we are easily the worst team in the league. Hell, over the past decade +, our record is worst in the league and "earns" the 1st overall pick more often than not.. And we are going into this year with a rookie QB on top of it of how epically bad we were last year. 

The majority of people here would be projecting any other team in the league with a top draft pick if they looked like the Jets did last year. It's not some kind of outrageous insult, it's a very realistic prediction for anybody looking at this team from the outside. 

Look, realistically, JD/Saleh could have this team showing substantial improvement from last year, and we could STILL end up with a top 5 draft pick! We were really THAT bad! We are one of the worst and least talented teams in the league until we show otherwise. That's just the reality right now. Let's hope our optimism is justified and Saleh really is the guy that can turn this around. 

I understand your tendency to want to take an objective stance, but I still think you're wrong about this season. Teams go from worst to 1st all the time and I am far from predicting first place. But look, Joe Douglas had his DNA all over this team now and, YES, the Jets roster was almost completely devoid of talent last year. JD has overhauled this roster to the tune of about 25 players and it could be more before opening day. So that sad sack roster from last year is a thing of the past. They're very young and inexperienced and that alone will cost them some games. Not to mention a rookie coaching staff that will surely make mistakes as well. But we have a cupcake schedule and the Jets play in a division that's pretty wide open. Buffalo is the only legitimate team in the division right now and honestly they don't scare me and I don't think the Jets are scared of them either. So I stand by a record of something like 7-10. TE, CB, FB are all dumpster fires the way I see it as of now. But I see a very average team at best that is definitely on the rise.