Happy 4th! Music for the USA Holiday

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Dude american woman is an anti-usa song penned by an old canadiens band fyi

No kidding.  The Guess Who were Canadian and that's why I used this cover.  Despite the negatory slant towards stereotypical American Women, it is still an iconic song and it is associated with America.  But thanks for edumacating me.  Any other pointers?  I suppose if I play Philadelphia Freedom, you'll be sure to let me know that Elton John was a Brit and wasn't from Philadelphia too.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No kidding.  The Guess Who were Canadian and that's why I used this cover.  Despite the negatory slant towards stereotypical American Women, it is still an iconic song and it is associated with America.  But thanks for edumacating me.  Any other pointers?  I suppose if I play Philadelphia Freedom, you'll be sure to let me know that Elton John was a Brit and wasn't from Philadelphia too.

Im glad you know that but not everybody does.
Dont get so defensive pappi i wasnt bashing you.

This reminds me of a fight my bandmates had once. It was a gig that fell the night before mothers day. One dude said “we have to play mother (pink floyd)... its so appropriate” another snapped back “are you kidding me have you listened to the lyrics?!”

One guy was right. Again, that guy was me ?