Jump to content

It's time for another Jamal Adams thread and his contract


Recommended Posts

The Jets traded Jamal to the Seahawks one year ago in July.  One year later, with Jamal's 5th and final year on his contract, the question still remains.  Will the Seahawks give Jamal a new contract, or will they trade him before this season, or will they try to get him to finish out his contract and let him walk?

He counts $9.9 Million this year, dwarfing Maye's $10.6 M for this year, assuming Maye doesn't get a new contract.

The consensus is that if Jamal were to get a new deal, he would command around $60-65 Million for 4 years, with $35M in guaranteed money.

The problem with this is one that the Jets are extremely fortunate not to have to deal with.  One, if the Seahawks wanted to trade their QB Wilson after this year, then it would make no sense to extend Jamal.  Two, if the Seahawks want to put additional money on bolstering their offensive line, then extending Jamal would put a big dent into that logic.  Additionally, since the Seahawks don't have a 1st round pick next year, it's not like they can get a quality offensive lineman on the cheap on a rookie deal.  Rather, they would need to spend real money to upgrade their line.

In another dimension where the Jets would have extended Jamal, then one would assume that Marcus Maye would not have been tagged by the Jets this year, and the Jets would have Jamal and no Maye on the team this coming year, and around $5M less money to sign free agents this year, possibly not getting Moses on the O line, or cutting Crowder completely in order to sign Moses.  A lot of dominos not falling in the right order would have drastically changed the Jets for the coming year.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alka said:

The Jets traded Jamal to the Seahawks one year ago in July.  One year later, with Jamal's 5th and final year on his contract, the question still remains.  Will the Seahawks give Jamal a new contract, or will they trade him before this season, or will they try to get him to finish out his contract and let him walk?

He counts $9.9 Million this year, dwarfing Maye's $10.6 M for this year, assuming Maye doesn't get a new contract.

The consensus is that if Jamal were to get a new deal, he would command around $60-65 Million for 4 years, with $35M in guaranteed money.

The problem with this is one that the Jets are extremely fortunate not to have to deal with.  One, if the Seahawks wanted to trade their QB Wilson after this year, then it would make no sense to extend Jamal.  Two, if the Seahawks want to put additional money on bolstering their offensive line, then extending Jamal would put a big dent into that logic.  Additionally, since the Seahawks don't have a 1st round pick next year, it's not like they can get a quality offensive lineman on the cheap on a rookie deal.  Rather, they would need to spend real money to upgrade their line.

In another dimension where the Jets would have extended Jamal, then one would assume that Marcus Maye would not have been tagged by the Jets this year, and the Jets would have Jamal and no Maye on the team this coming year, and around $5M less money to sign free agents this year, possibly not getting Moses on the O line, or cutting Crowder completely in order to sign Moses.  A lot of dominos not falling in the right order would have drastically changed the Jets for the coming year.

Why do you care so much about Adams?

who cares family guy GIF

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do you care so much about Adams?

who cares family guy GIF

Right?  Jamal could walk off a cliff Doug Kenney style and I wouldn't blink.  Unless he somehow fell onto a large grouping of pitchforks placed there as an art installation.  Now that would interest me. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Alka said:

The Jets traded Jamal to the Seahawks one year ago in July.  One year later, with Jamal's 5th and final year on his contract, the question still remains.  Will the Seahawks give Jamal a new contract, or will they trade him before this season, or will they try to get him to finish out his contract and let him walk?

He counts $9.9 Million this year, dwarfing Maye's $10.6 M for this year, assuming Maye doesn't get a new contract.

The consensus is that if Jamal were to get a new deal, he would command around $60-65 Million for 4 years, with $35M in guaranteed money.

The problem with this is one that the Jets are extremely fortunate not to have to deal with.  One, if the Seahawks wanted to trade their QB Wilson after this year, then it would make no sense to extend Jamal.  Two, if the Seahawks want to put additional money on bolstering their offensive line, then extending Jamal would put a big dent into that logic.  Additionally, since the Seahawks don't have a 1st round pick next year, it's not like they can get a quality offensive lineman on the cheap on a rookie deal.  Rather, they would need to spend real money to upgrade their line.

In another dimension where the Jets would have extended Jamal, then one would assume that Marcus Maye would not have been tagged by the Jets this year, and the Jets would have Jamal and no Maye on the team this coming year, and around $5M less money to sign free agents this year, possibly not getting Moses on the O line, or cutting Crowder completely in order to sign Moses.  A lot of dominos not falling in the right order would have drastically changed the Jets for the coming year.

Jamalcontent not being here gives me the same feeling I got when the COVID vaccine became available to me.  Pure Joy.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Right?  Jamal could walk off a cliff Doug Kenney style and I wouldn't blink.  Unless he somehow fell onto a large grouping of pitchforks placed there as an art installation.  Now that would interest me. 

I thought the whole idea was dumping off this pain in the ass to another team to become their headache.  Mission accomplished, thanks to JD.  

Now why do we need someone to bring back the pain for no good reason other than to pick the scab

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that Adams contract was the potential killer 

 

 

Dead Money

NameCap Number

Trumaine Johnson. $8,000,000

Sam Darnold. $5,019,581

Le'Veon Bell. $4,000,000

Quincy Enunwa.  &3,600,000

Kelechi Osemele.  $3,128,824

Henry Anderson.   $1,333,334

TOTAL$24,307,097

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In previous lives this thing would be four pages long already.   Is it possible that the the amount of appetite around these part for Jamal Adams' threads may have peaked?  Even the schadenfreude-induced energy bump at the misfortune of the Seahawks seems to be gone. 

So long Seattle and thanks for all the picks,

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So you made a new thread about the same topic, with no new information just to feed your need for attention? Threads like this get the hopes up of the people waiting to hear more laughable stuff about Jamal. What you did is criminal. Ban yourself. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

Yeah that Adams contract was the potential killer 

 

 

Dead Money

NameCap Number

Trumaine Johnson. $8,000,000

Sam Darnold. $5,019,581

Le'Veon Bell. $4,000,000

Quincy Enunwa.  &3,600,000

Kelechi Osemele.  $3,128,824

Henry Anderson.   $1,333,334

TOTAL$24,307,097

Lol, thanks Macc. He's like the herpes of the Jets he just keeps coming back to F you over just when you thought you were past all of it. 

Serious question: not considering contract affected by injury is the Trumaine Johnson contract the worst of all time?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict Jamal demands to be highest paid safety by a huge margin. Seattle attempts to satisfy him and protect themselves by structuring an incentive contract that could theoretically make him the highest paid DEFENDER in the game. Jamal takes this as a massive slap to the face and takes to Twitter. Hilarity ensues. JD be like:

addams family smoking GIF

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Serious question: not considering contract affected by injury is the Trumaine Johnson contract the worst of all time?

 

Signing McCagnan as GM Idzik close second but Trumain is up there as well as Revis last deal 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, thanks Macc. He's like the herpes of the Jets he just keeps coming back to F you over just when you thought you were past all of it. 

Serious question: not considering contract affected by injury is the Trumaine Johnson contract the worst of all time?

 

 

13 hours ago, CSNY said:

Signing McCagnan as GM Idzik close second but Trumain is up there as well as Revis last deal 

So many candidates. Just a few:

  • Mark Sanchez extension ($1.5M per TD)
  • Bell signing ($107,000 per yard from scrimmage)
  • Mike Goodson signing ($190,000 per carry). 

But the "winner" has to be Enunwa extension ($13M for 1 catch, -4 yards).

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

 

So many candidates. Just a few:

  • Mark Sanchez extension ($1.5M per TD)
  • Bell signing ($107,000 per yard from scrimmage)
  • Mike Goodson signing ($190,000 per carry). 

But the "winner" has to be Enunwa extension ($13M for 1 catch, -4 yards).

CJ measley in there too

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

CJ measley in there too

Yep, definitely. At least he still has a chance to redeem himself but he's looking like another entry on the list lol.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

 

So many candidates. Just a few:

  • Mark Sanchez extension ($1.5M per TD)
  • Bell signing ($107,000 per yard from scrimmage)
  • Mike Goodson signing ($190,000 per carry). 

But the "winner" has to be Enunwa extension ($13M for 1 catch, -4 yards).

Wow, forgot about Enunwa. Yeah that was a horrible signing. And like the Sanchez extension was completely befuddling at the time not looking back. I hated both moves instantly

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wow, forgot about Enunwa. Yeah that was a horrible signing. And like the Sanchez extension was completely befuddling at the time not looking back. I hated both moves instantly

Yeah... even when judged at the time, TURRIBLE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2021 at 11:35 AM, Alka said:

The Jets traded Jamal to the Seahawks one year ago...... [made it this far]

s-8a650338a12d8b7c9a4864c502027322419c11

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2021 at 3:27 PM, HighPitch said:

Jamal bashing never gets old. Thanks for the thread and thank you Joe Douglas

Thank you HighPitch!!  Jamal bashing makes me happy!  It really does; and I'm not kidding. We need to revel in our successes, especially when we beat ourselves up forever over our mistakes.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...