2021 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds

Wilson is going to outplay every QB on that list. Those odds are bizarre and I think a lot of people are just going by the Jets' reputation rather than the talent they actually have. 

I fancy us to outperform bookies expectations almost across the board last year. Last year I felt the opposite and made quite a bit from it. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is all the QB's from this class underwhelm, this season.  The Jets are going be awful and the transition is steep, so it wont be Zach.  The Jags are going to stuck and Lawrence is overrated, so he's aint got it.  Mac Jones?  lol  Trey Lance might not start.  Fields is probably the best bet just because of team, coaching and he has the best weapon of them all.  That said, I dont think a QB wins it this year. I actually expect the award to go to one of the top 3 pass catchers taken; Pitts, Chase or Waddle.  Pitts and Chase might 80+ catch guys and Waddle might be Tyreek Hill for Miami.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My guess is all the QB's from this class underwhelm, this season.  The Jets are going be awful and the transition is steep, so it wont be Zach.  The Jags are going to stuck and Lawrence is overrated, so he's aint got it.  Mac Jones?  lol  Trey Lance might not start.  Fields is probably the best bet just because of team, coaching and he has the best weapon of them all.  That said, I dont think a QB wins it this year. I actually expect the award to go to one of the top 3 pass catchers taken; Pitts, Chase or Waddle.  Pitts and Chase might 80+ catch guys and Waddle might be Tyreek Hill for Miami.

Maybe, but at +4000, I'll be dropping some cash on Elijah Moore next weekend in Vegas. 

No love? I see it the opposite. We just heard for three years that this team is terrible and the worst place possible to develop a QB. Yes, lot of changes on paper this off season but +800 is getting plenty of love.

Besides, if you think Zach has a better shot than the odds indicate, don't complain, put your money down and profit.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

No love? I see it the opposite. We just heard for three years that this team is terrible and the worst place possible to develop a QB. Yes, lot of changes on paper this off season but +800 is getting plenty of love.

Besides, if you think Zach has a better shot than the odds indicate, don't complain, put your money down and profit.

If my state allowed sports gambling, I’d most definitely put down the cash for Wilson.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm still surprised to see Lance that high.  I am probably among the biggest Lance fans on the board, but you'd think having Garoppolo there would knock him down the list.  Certainly agree on the top 2. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm still surprised to see Lance that high.  I am probably among the biggest Lance fans on the board, but you'd think having Garoppolo there would knock him down the list.  Certainly agree on the top 2. 

I'd stay away from Lance and Fields, especially Lance. San Fran has a good team and will be reluctant to make a change if Jimmy G is playing competent football. Fields has an easier road to start and I preferred him over Wilson coming out but don't like those odds. If he was +1000 or longer, might interest me.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I can fathom a scenario where Pitts doesn't walk away with it. Injury, thats about it. 

37 minutes ago, freestater said:

I can fathom a scenario where Pitts doesn't walk away with it. Injury, thats about it. 

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Pitts.  Ryan loves the TE and with Julio gone, Pitts might see 120 targets and he's absolute freak. 

But I wouldnt be shocked to see Ja'Marr Chase win it either.  Already has a rapport with Burrow, sure, he sat out a year but that could be another guy who sees 120 targets with another veteran departure in Green.  Cinci sucks and they're going to throw a ton.

I just cant fathom the QB's outside of Fields and that's really just because of the situation and not just supporting my favorite QB of the class.   Lawrence and Wilson are strapped with rookie HC's.  Wilson has a rookie OC  w/ no veteran presence and a bunch of what if's.  Both absolutely terrible Football teams but Lawrence has proven talent the Jets just dont have.  Mac Jones sucks and so do the Patriots.  Lance might not see live action unless Jimmy G. gets injured and I dont see him having a huge rookie season either way being that he played one game last year.  Fields may have the best chance because Dalton is done and he's got some legit weapons with a decent coaching staff and the best legs of the group.   But even still, I just think Pitts and Chase have huge years and it's between those 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Maybe, but at +4000, I'll be dropping some cash on Elijah Moore next weekend in Vegas. 

If Elijah is truly in the running for OROY by the end of the year Zach will win because it only happens is if Wilson is really good.