Your prayers are appreciated ...

Geez, Max.   So sorry your sweetie is going through this awful situation.  No one deserves it.   Next time you give Lauren a hug, let her know it comes with thoughts and positive energy of all of us here at JN.  Wish I had a tenth of her courage, determination and spirit.

Best to you and the rest of your family as well, Max.

• Sympathy 1

It doesn't cost anything to say a prayer... Cancer can be beat.. The staff at MSK is very good... I myself came down with acute Myotoid  Leukemia in 2018. I went to the Moffitt Center in Tampa for 6 weeks of chemo. Because of my age, my odds of coming out alive was about 5%. I had a lot of people praying for me and believe me it worked. Just like it will for Lauren.

I spent my 73rd birthday at Moffit Center. The nurses threw a small party for me. One of the nurses gave me a little plague that said "Never Look Back". I have it out on my lanai & I look at it & remember...

Please tell Lauren after this is over, "don't look back" and continue on with her life. The treatments for all kinds of cancer have come a long way. 

Keep the faith & my prayers are with you, Lauren & your family to get through this most difficult time

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Will do sir!  Jeez cancer sucks.  Had breast cancer in our family as well. Haven't hit the 5 year mark yet but fingers crossed.  Will pray for you and yours!!!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Prayers headed your way.   God bless and hang in there.  

• Upvote 1

I'm so sorry that Lauren and your family has to go through this.  Thank you for reaching out to all of us.  Lauren, yourself and your family will be in my prayers.  Like others have said, it is very important to stay positive and know that she will beat this thing once again, hopefully for good this time.

• Upvote 1

Max - sad to here about this. My wife had a bout with breast cancer 4 years ago, and so far is clean. But as she says, you are always "looking over your shoulder." 

May your wife have a complete recovery, and best thoughts to you and the rest of the family. You have a good team to beat it back.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

So sorry to hear this news. All our prayers for your wife and your family!

• Upvote 1

I'll keep your wife and family in my prayers.

I'm not on here often, but every time I see your screen name I wonder how your wife is doing - your posts about her battle and victories really stuck with me. Here's to another big win.

• Sympathy 1