Your prayers are appreciated ...

All the best vibes to you and your wife Phil.   My wife was diagnosed with stg 4 colon cancer last year, given 2 years.  

It ******* sucks, but we must keep plowing ahead…  It’s easy to fall into a depressed state, I’ve found talking to a therapist has really helped.  There are things you just can’t talk about with friends/family.

Take care and all the best to you and your wife!

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know I have the other pinned thread and I will end up merging this. Just wanted to give everyone an update.  Lauren has been undergoing chemo and hormone therapy for the recurrence of her breast cancer that had spread to a few places.  They started new chemo and it is a bomb, tough stuff but hopefully effective.  She gets whole-body scans again today, so we will see if things are still progressing in the right direction (the last scans were good).

Unfortunately, she had chemo on 12/30 and on 12/31 she wasn't feeling good. Short-staffed at Memorial Sloan Kettering, they told her to go to the hospital that they are affiliated with. She was admitted and the short version is she has some swelling of her brain, some cancer cells escaped, and were trying to set up shop in a new location.

Two weeks of daily whole head radiation will begin this week. They said this is treatable and the oncologist felt she will have a good outcome. It is serious and it is though, they said the radiation will know her out for the month of January.

We were about to go shopping for a New Year stay at home with the kid's party. The weekend ended up being Lauren in the hospital with no visitors.  Tough, really tough.

Thanks, everyone for all the support and prayers. You have been amazing. We appreciate it.  Off to MSK now to meet about the new treatment plan and for Lauren to get more scans.

Praying for your wife, you and your family, Phil.

Let her know there's an army of knuckleheads here sending our best wishes and channeling positivity her way!

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know I have the other pinned thread and I will end up merging this. Just wanted to give everyone an update.  Lauren has been undergoing chemo and hormone therapy for the recurrence of her breast cancer that had spread to a few places.  They started new chemo and it is a bomb, tough stuff but hopefully effective.  She gets whole-body scans again today, so we will see if things are still progressing in the right direction (the last scans were good).

Unfortunately, she had chemo on 12/30 and on 12/31 she wasn't feeling good. Short-staffed at Memorial Sloan Kettering, they told her to go to the hospital that they are affiliated with. She was admitted and the short version is she has some swelling of her brain, some cancer cells escaped, and were trying to set up shop in a new location.

Two weeks of daily whole head radiation will begin this week. They said this is treatable and the oncologist felt she will have a good outcome. It is serious and it is though, they said the radiation will know her out for the month of January.

We were about to go shopping for a New Year stay at home with the kid's party. The weekend ended up being Lauren in the hospital with no visitors.  Tough, really tough.

Thanks, everyone for all the support and prayers. You have been amazing. We appreciate it.  Off to MSK now to meet about the new treatment plan and for Lauren to get more scans.

Keep fighting!! All my prayers 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thinking of you brother…. Went through this in our family.    I find myself in pink more now that it hit home.  As you know, you are not alone. I fukkin hate cancer.  

12 hours ago, Trotter said:

Max, I do not know you personally but can tell you without a doubt your wife is in excellent care with sloan. One of their doctors is the reason my wife is is going strong 13 years after her diagnosis. Prayers of course but you are truly in an exceptional care and resource facility.

Couldn't agree more. They treated my father back in the mid-80s for stage 4 Hodgkin's. He's still alive and kicking today. ?

Sending all the positive thoughts I can to Lauren, you, and your family, @Maxman.

• Upvote 1