Your prayers are appreciated ...

Max,

I know your wife was going for scans on Monday and just wanted to drop a note hoping all went well and things go in a positive direction for your wife and family. Rest assured many of us know the stress of those days when scans are coming up whether it be for us directly or a family member. As time goes on and the results hopefully improve, the stress on your wife and family does start to ease.

No need to respond but prayers continue. I don't know much in this world but I have learned that hope is one of the most important traits for people going thru cancer treatment and their families.  

Stay well.

• Upvote 3

On 1/3/2022 at 10:39 AM, Maxman said:

I know I have the other pinned thread and I will end up merging this. Just wanted to give everyone an update.  Lauren has been undergoing chemo and hormone therapy for the recurrence of her breast cancer that had spread to a few places.  They started new chemo and it is a bomb, tough stuff but hopefully effective.  She gets whole-body scans again today, so we will see if things are still progressing in the right direction (the last scans were good).

Unfortunately, she had chemo on 12/30 and on 12/31 she wasn't feeling good. Short-staffed at Memorial Sloan Kettering, they told her to go to the hospital that they are affiliated with. She was admitted and the short version is she has some swelling of her brain, some cancer cells escaped, and were trying to set up shop in a new location.

Two weeks of daily whole head radiation will begin this week. They said this is treatable and the oncologist felt she will have a good outcome. It is serious and it is though, they said the radiation will know her out for the month of January.

We were about to go shopping for a New Year stay at home with the kid's party. The weekend ended up being Lauren in the hospital with no visitors.  Tough, really tough.

Thanks, everyone for all the support and prayers. You have been amazing. We appreciate it.  Off to MSK now to meet about the new treatment plan and for Lauren to get more scans.

You've been in our prayers since your first post but I give you my word that our prayers are going into overdrive for your family. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2022 at 10:39 AM, Maxman said:

I know I have the other pinned thread and I will end up merging this. Just wanted to give everyone an update.  Lauren has been undergoing chemo and hormone therapy for the recurrence of her breast cancer that had spread to a few places.  They started new chemo and it is a bomb, tough stuff but hopefully effective.  She gets whole-body scans again today, so we will see if things are still progressing in the right direction (the last scans were good).

Unfortunately, she had chemo on 12/30 and on 12/31 she wasn't feeling good. Short-staffed at Memorial Sloan Kettering, they told her to go to the hospital that they are affiliated with. She was admitted and the short version is she has some swelling of her brain, some cancer cells escaped, and were trying to set up shop in a new location.

Two weeks of daily whole head radiation will begin this week. They said this is treatable and the oncologist felt she will have a good outcome. It is serious and it is though, they said the radiation will know her out for the month of January.

We were about to go shopping for a New Year stay at home with the kid's party. The weekend ended up being Lauren in the hospital with no visitors.  Tough, really tough.

Thanks, everyone for all the support and prayers. You have been amazing. We appreciate it.  Off to MSK now to meet about the new treatment plan and for Lauren to get more scans.

hey man i sincerely hope she beats this thing. godspeed!! and **** cancer!!

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Max.
Cancer is a humbling experience for all. You feeling helpless, Lauren feeling she’s a burden, children scared. My prayer is in the midst of this battle God will strengthen Lauren physically and quiet every negative thought. I pray He will continue to comfort your family and strengthen the bonds of love. 
And, above all, bring about healing to Lauren’s body. Doctors do the best they can with what they have. God does miracles and can fix those things that are broken. Let’s all ask in faith, believing in our hearts that the mercies of God are new every morning through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind words, prayers and all the support you have given us.

Crazy week last week, lots of scans, lots of appointments but we learned of a few new drugs and a new treatment plan. One more chemo on Friday and then Radiation the following two weeks. There is a new drug that has some great results. Switching to that and we are hopeful, thankful and appreciative!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 14
  • Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Maxman said:

Radiation starts tomorrow.  Two weeks every day. They say the next three weeks after that she will be pretty beat up. The fight continues. Next round here we go.

Good luck and godspeed to you and your wife.

While a radiation treatment is not as debiltating as a chemo treatment, at least with chemo (depending on the chemo) you have a few days to weeks to recover.  Radition every day is just a cummulative butt kicking.

Prayers to you both.  

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear of your wife's cancer returning.

Went through cancer hell with my father's passing away from lung cancer years back.  And now this Dec 15th...did the same with my sister's passing away from lung cancer too.  It puts a lot of stress on everybody.

Stay strong and positive Max.  Hoping for the best for your wife.

• Sympathy 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks again, going to unpin this. Long road, radiation ended 5 weeks ago and that has taken a toll (Extreme Fatigue). The radiologist feels very encouraged about the brain metastasis and said he thinks they have that under control.

Scan in May on the brain and a scan next week for everything else.  Prayers, prayers and more prayers.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 5
  • Post of the Week 2