Your prayers are appreciated ...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. Sh

I want to thank everyone again for the prayers and donations.  We shut the donation part down, the response there was so overwhelming. Seriously don't have the words to describe the appreciation we fe

Thanks everyone. The messages and support mean the world to us!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Maxman.. Me and my brother Sam suggest oatmeal. Lots of eggs. Broth. Even the cheap roman noodle stuff. Get a case at Walmart for $8:00. Helps with hydration. Avocados. Almonds other nuts to snack on. Pumpkin seeds. Supplements. It'll be okay.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that my wife, Lauren, her cancer is back. I had posted about it before, years ago. She had breast cancer about 8 years ago and it came back a few years later. She recently hit the 5 year free and clear mark which is a big milestone. Then unfortunately a routine doctors appointment ended up with an emergency hospital stay and pretty invasive surgery.  She was in the hospital for a week in May, her breast cancer has returned and unfortunately spread a bit.

The Oncologist got the report right away and the team at Memorial Sloan Kettering took over immediately. This morning she had her 5th chemo treatment. That will happen once every week for 18 weeks. The cancer has changed a bit and in a good news \ bad news kind of way they have hormone therapies they are treating her with as well. The oncologist said she feels the outcome will be good here.

It is a long road, none of this is fun. But Lauren has amazing family and friends around her. Lauren used to post her back in the day but I realize most of you don't know her. She is the most positive person I have ever met. She simply never complains, just tackles each step and does it all with a smile on her face. So I wanted to let everyone know because we don't do religious talk here but I am a believer. So prayers are definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Thats my brother Sam Darnold. Get it1957080303_OscarMadison.jpg.6be392f801a70ae899a83321e2cfbeca.jpg

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

My thoughts are with you and your wife.  You are in good hands at MSK and your wife's positive disposition will get her and you through this.  18 weeks will take you just past week 4 of the NFL season.  I hope the next 13 weeks goby quickly and the following week is week 1 of recovery #2.  

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify based on a few comments, she had cancer and a recurrence before. So what we are praying for here is that she beats it for good this time which is the 3rd.

Also she is going to Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. Technically Holmdel I think, right off of GSP Exit 114, not the NYC location.

Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

@Maxman Dude really sorry to hear what you're dealing with. I have been there and went through it with my Mom. I will PM you my phone number if you don't have it already, If you ever need somebody just to chat with.

I know it isn't easy for anybody involved but sometimes it helps to talk about it. As men most of us take on the responsibility of healing, fixing, and solving everything. Cancer is a MF bro.

We all got your back. Sending positive thoughts and vibes.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just to clarify based on a few comments, she had cancer and a recurrence before. So what we are praying for here is that she beats it for good this time which is the 3rd.

Also she is going to Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. Technically Holmdel I think, right off of GSP Exit 114, not the NYC location.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear your wife’s cancer has returned; she and your family are on my daily prayer list…

My youngest daughter works at that facility; she had been working at the main hospital in NYC for ~7 yrs when an opening came up in Middletown a lot closer to where she lives in North Jersey…

• Like 1

I just said a prayer Max for your wife and her loved ones. Oncologist saying she feels the outcome will be good here is the 3rd blessing. The 2nd blessing was them finding it again and the 1st blessing was knowing that she's beaten it before. And if she's won the battle before well then I know she's strong enough and will beat it again. My mom has been breast cancer free for going on two years now she's still so scared she gets checked weekly I know what you're going through not a night went by I didn't cry for my mom as she was fighting to stay alive not for herself, but for us. Your wife is going to survive and live my dude because she's got people like you to fight for. Plz give her a hug for me and tell her it's from DWC of JN who will pray for her every day and every night.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

@Maxman Hope she beats it once and for all... It's never any fun losing anyone let alone your spouse to an illness. My mom lost my Dad when I was only 17, and didn't have anyone for more than 30 years only to meet another wonderful gentleman, who also lost a battle with cancer. So I know it's not fun. Lots of love going out to you and your lovely wife....

• Like 1

So unbelievably sorry to hear Phil.  I will, undoubtably, keep, Lauren, you, and all of your family in my prayers.  God bless.

• Upvote 1

I'm a strong believer in power of prayer which is why since age 18 I've had one tattoo and one tattoo only (hands praying) just woke up and said another prayer for Mrs. Lauren and won't stop until I know she's kicked cancers ass again. There's a couple YouTube videos of breast cancer prayers that I'd watch every morning and every night to help keep me strong as a man while I watched my mom fight breast cancer I won't post them here but just PM me if you need any inspiration Max and I'll send you those videos I watched them last night and in the morning today and they made me cry because I didn't realize how powerful they were @ keeping me strong until I looked back on them as I said a prayer for her.

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

So sorry to hear. You and your wife will have my prayers.

Cancer is brutal.  I'm so sorry.  The only thing I can say is from my own experience with family.  I believe the formula to beat it is three things;

1) The right doctors and treatment plan.

2)  Remove all, or as many as possible, day to day life stressors.

3) Positive attitude.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

Max, as a fellow cancer survivor myself,  my thoughts, prayers and positive energy are with Lauren, yourself, your kids, and all.

You’re asked to be her rock once again.

stay strong!

• Upvote 1

Of course rooting for Lauren and your whole family.

Let us know if there's anything we as a community can do.

• Upvote 2

So sorry to hear this, Phil. Thoughts and prayers and well wishes. With your positive attitude, and the collective thoughts of all that you have touched in life, this too shall be overcome. Keep fighting the good fight. 

• Upvote 1