Top 3 Favorites for Super Bowl LVI

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never once welched on a bet on this site.  I can produce receipts if needed.  I'm just not signing your stupid f**king post.  Feel free to bump at the end of the year and I'll gladly "pay up" if wrong.  

Ok deal. Bet is back on. 

X____ Defense Wins Championships___

It's official. 

You'll be rocking a beautiful Jamal Adams avy.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Mayfield > Tannehill

All available data says this is false, but OK, I'll bite.  What's your case?

While we wait.  Here's mine:

Even if you only want to look at the season Mayfield just had (fair, since it was year 3 of his career while Tannehill is a seasoned veteran), Tannehill was better last season.  Beat him in YPA (7.9 to 7.3), QB Rating (106.5 to 95.9), TDs and TD:INT ratio (33:7 to 26:8), yardage (3,819 to 3,563) and Completion % (65.5 to 62.8). 

Want to argue that Tannehill's success can only be attributed to his supporting cast?  Nice try, if that's your tact.  Derrick Henry is a monster, no doubt about it.  2,027 yards rushing, 17 total TDs, 5.4 ypc last season.  But Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are a monster duo themselves.  1,908 combined yards rushing, 23 total TDs, and Chubb even exceeded Henry's YPC (5.6 to 5.4).  And while I'd certainly take the AJ Brown/Corey Davis WR tandem over Odell Beckham/Jarvis Landry, it's not exactly an enormous gap between them.  And both QB's had excellent OL's last season.

Tannehill >>> Mayfield, and its not all that close.  Perhaps one day Mayfield will pass Tannehill, but that clearly hasn't happened yet.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if you only want to look at the season Mayfield just had (fair, since it was year 3 of his career while Tannehill is a seasoned veteran), Tannehill was better last season.  Beat him in YPA (7.9 to 7.3), QB Rating (106.5 to 95.9), TDs and TD:INT ratio (33:7 to 26:8), yardage (3,819 to 3,563) and Completion % (65.5 to 62.8). 

Want to argue that Tannehill's success can only be attributed to his supporting cast?  Nice try, if that's your tact.  Derrick Henry is a monster, no doubt about it.  2,027 yards rushing, 17 total TDs, 5.4 ypc last season.  But Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are a monster duo themselves.  1,908 combined yards rushing, 23 total TDs, and Chubb even exceeded Henry's YPC (5.6 to 5.4).  And while I'd certainly take the AJ Brown/Corey Davis WR tandem over Odell Beckham/Jarvis Landry, it's not exactly an enormous gap between them.  And both QB's had excellent OL's last season.

Tannehill >>> Mayfield, and its not all that close.  Perhaps one day Mayfield will pass Tannehill, but that clearly hasn't happened yet.

image.thumb.png.b73747bc4f7d26ca14e6cb6591c6f9f2.png

@Facts I've gotta give this one to @Jetsfan80he just took a page out of DWCs go-to-move and smacked you silly with statistics aka STATS!

JetsFan80 = 1. 

Facts = 0. 

(PS: the only way you can counter JetsFan80, Facts; is if you bring up the playoffs stats because Baker kind of balled out and Tanny sucked ass in order to get you a 2020 draw). 

image.thumb.png.a6d19832fe83e034f780a74cfe82705d.png

Mayfield over Tannehill is not an argument based solely on statistics.

For the majority of 15 years Peyton Manning obliterated Tom Brady is nearly every conceivable passing statistic. Yet most people saw Tom > Peyton. That’s not to say that Mayfield is Tom or Tannehill is Manning, but simply that stats are not the end-all.

Tannehill is not a winner. There is a reason why the Titans hide him when they make the playoffs. There is a reason why he has playoff games with under 80 yards (yes, eighty) passing.

Here are a few of his playoff games:

8 completed passes, 72 yards 

7 completed passes, 88 yards

18 completed passes, 165 yards

They hide him.

It’s also the reason why even though he signed a contract just last season, during one of the greatest inflationary markets of QB history, he didn’t get much by relative standards. Wentz, Cousins, and Goff all earn more. He’s practically tied with Garoppolo and barely above Derek Carr.

The NFL sees him for what he is. A QB that is hidden when it’s time for iron to sharpen iron.

Now, that’s not to say that Mayfield IS a winner. That’s yet to be seen. Mayfield was drafted onto a 0-16 team. One of the worst of all time. They tried building a team by adding superstars but thats not how team building works.

If I was given an expansion franchise and told to pick between Mayfield and Tannehill, im picking Mayfield all day. Tannehill has been in the league for 10 years and has won jack squat and I don’t see that starting now.

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

Mayfield over Tannehill is not an argument based on statistics.

For the majority of 15 years Peyton Manning obliterated Tom Brady is nearly every conceivable passing statistic. Yet most people saw Tom > Peyton.

Tannehill is not a winner. There is a reason why the Titans hide him when they make the playoffs. There is a reason why he has playoff games with under 80 yards (yes, eighty) passing.

It’s also the reason why even though he signed a contract just last season, during one of the greatest inflationary markets of QB history, he didn’t get much by relative standards. Wentz, Cousins, and Goff all earn more. He’s practically tied with Garoppolo and barely above Derek Carr.

The NFL sees him for what he is. A QB that is hidden when it’s time for iron to sharpen iron.

Now, that’s not to say that Mayfield IS a winner. That’s yet to be seen. Mayfield was drafted onto a 0-16 team. One of the worst of all time. They tried building a team by adding superstars but thats not how team building works.

If I was given an expansion franchise and told to pick between Mayfield and Tannehill, im picking Mayfield all day. Tannehill has been in the league for 10 years and has won jack squat and I don’t see that starting now.

All Mayfield did last year was dink and dunk.  If Tannehill isn't a "winner" or trusted by his team, then what does that make Mayfield, who rarely threw the ball downfield last season and depended heavily on his RB tandem?

Taking Mayfield over Tannehill if starting a franchise now is not what we were arguing.  Of course you'd take Mayfield if starting a franchise now, as would I, because Mayfield has a lot of years ahead of him and Tannehill does not.  But that's not what we're arguing.  Right now, Tannehill is a better QB than Mayfield.  If taking a QB for 2021, I'm taking Tannehill all day.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All Mayfield did last year was dink and dunk.  If Tannehill isn't a "winner" or trusted by his team, then what does that make Mayfield, who rarely threw the ball downfield last season and depended heavily on his RB tandem?

Taking Mayfield over Tannehill if starting a franchise now is not what we were arguing.  Of course you'd take Mayfield if starting a franchise now, as would I, because Mayfield has a lot of years ahead of him and Tannehill does not.  But that's not what we're arguing.  Right now, Tannehill is a better QB than Mayfield.  If taking a QB for 2021, I'm taking Tannehill all day.  

I’m not sure why you believe Mayfield only dink-n-dunked and didn’t throw the ball downfield.

Tannehill only averaged 0.4 more Y/C last season.

They essentially threw the exact same, in terms of distance per throw.

You can take Tannehill, but take him knowing that he is not a winner and has proven so repeatedly. I’ll take the kid who hasn’t proven such yet.

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

I’m not sure why you believe Mayfield only dink-n-dunked and didn’t throw the ball downfield.

Tannehill only averaged 0.4 more Y/C last season.

They essentially threw the exact same, in terms of distance per throw.

You can take Tannehill, but take him knowing that he is not a winner and has proven so repeatedly. I’ll take the kid who hasn’t proven such yet.

Im saying that if you’re going to argue Tennessee doesn’t trust Tannehill, you also can’t argue Cleveland trusts Mayfield either.  And Tannehill’s YPA was 9.6 in 2019, so he’s aired it out before for that team.

Maybe the training wheels come off for Mayfield in year 4. But until they do and he proves he can do it, he isn’t better than Tannehill.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Facts got you once talking playoffs. 

Tanny vs Baltimore: 18/26 (69.2%), 165 Passing yards, 1 TD/1 INT, QB Rating of 83.0 = loss (0-1). 

Baker vs PIT/KC: 44/71 (61.9%), 467 Passing yards, 4 TDs/1 INT, QB Rating of 94.0 = win/loss (1-1). 

And they were both game managers because Baker = 10 games of 30 or fewer pass attempts and Tammy = 11 games of 30 or fewer passing attempts. 

I will say that Baker played better on the road in playoffs than Tanny did @ home in playoffs. 

this is a draw. 

1-1

@Facts

1-1

@Jetsfan80

image.png.f422ce898145ad422ade480f8220dc3d.png

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Im saying that if you’re going to argue Tennessee doesn’t trust Tannehill, you also can’t argue Cleveland trusts Mayfield either.  And Tannehill’s YPA was 9.6 in 2019, so he’s aired it out before for that team.

Maybe the training wheels come off for Mayfield in year 4. But until they do and he proves he can do it, he isn’t better than Tannehill.

I can argue that Cleveland trusts Mayfield, because in the playoffs they let him throw. 

He had 44 completions for nearly 500 yards, 4 TD’s and 1 INT.

He never had a playoff game where his team limited him to 7 or 8 completions because they don’t trust him.

Tannehill has.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As Referee I have to interfere here. 

The training wheels still haven't came off for Tanny either (especially in the playoffs). 

Regular Season

Cleveland = 28th in passing attempts (501). 

Tennessee = 30th in passing attempts (485). 

(Jets in middle @ 499) (29th) ?

vs

Tennessee = #2 in rushing attempts (521). 

Cleveland = # 4 in rushing attempts (495). 

Playoffs

Baker = 35.5 passing attempts per playoff game (2x road).

Tanny = 26 passing attempts per playoff game (1x home).

image.thumb.png.5f2ade4a49b134c34d2fd189e653c0d4.png

Tanny definitely has more training wheels than Baker (not by much).

@Facts wins the training wheels contest.

@Facts 2

@JetsFan80 = 1. 

2-1.

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As Referee I have to interfere here. 

The training wheels still haven't came off for Tanny either (especially in the playoffs). 

Regular Season

Cleveland = 28th in passing attempts (501). 

Tennessee = 30th in passing attempts (485). 

(Jets in middle @ 499) (29th) ?

vs

Tennessee = #2 in rushing attempts (521). 

Cleveland = # 4 in rushing attempts (495). 

Playoffs

Baker = 35.5 passing attempts per playoff game (2x road).

Tanny = 26 passing attempts per playoff game (1x home).

image.thumb.png.5f2ade4a49b134c34d2fd189e653c0d4.png

Tanny definitely has more training wheels than Baker (not by much).

@Facts wins the training wheels contest.

@Facts 2

@JetsFan80 = 1. 

2-1.

That’s because they hide him in the playoffs. He is a liability.

If I recall correctly, he is 0-2 or 0-3 in the playoffs when he is allowed to throw enough to have 20 or more completions.

8 minutes ago, Facts said:

That’s because they hide him in the playoffs. He is a liability.

If I recall correctly, he is 0-2 or 0-3 in the playoffs when he is allowed to throw enough to have 20 or more completions.

True but I'm not impressed by what any QBs especially the younger ones did during the regular season last year during a pandemic. Especially Josh Allen. When 90% of the year QBs got to play on the road. With no fans in the stadium to distract them with high volume noise. I'm expecting Josh Allen to fall off a 2021 cliff this year with fans back in road attendance.

Jets @ Lions 1997. Week 17. Our QB couldn't even hear the huddle. Too loud. Lions fans were getting in trouble. Never seem anything like that before.

2020 was horse crap. Especially for the QBs. 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:15 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never once welched on a bet on this site.  I can produce receipts if needed.  I'm just not signing your stupid f**king post.  Feel free to bump at the end of the year and I'll gladly "pay up" if wrong.  

image.thumb.png.ed75c62c545bc1847bb39393b9370604.png

Enjoy your 2022 offseason and 2022-2023 Regular Season Jamal Adams avatar (because K.C isn't going to the SB without Sammy Watkins and a completely different O-Line). 

?

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, Facts said:

I think that’s a fair take but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even make the AFC Championship game.

In 2020, the Chiefs returned 20 of the 22 Super Bowl winning starters. That’s huge.

In 2021, that’s down to something like 14 of 22 (I don’t have the exact number on me).

The Chiefs lost A LOT.

Even if they replaced them with players that are technically or supposedly or have the skills to be as good, football works best as a tram sport when players mesh together and inserting lego piece B into the spot where lego piece A used to be doesn’t always work.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t make it.

@Jetsfan80 Still think i’m wrong?

Chiefs are 3-4.

5 hours ago, Facts said:

@Jetsfan80 Still think i’m wrong?

Chiefs are 3-4.

Good call sir.  I didn’t see them being anything close to this bad at this stage in the season, obviously.  Still time for them to turn it around.  But it’s not looking good.  

At least I was right that the other darling pick, Cleveland, isn’t likely going to be that team out of the AFC. 

• Upvote 1