Jump to content

Eagles @ Jets - Is This Now The Best Preseason Game or The Worst?


Recommended Posts

Trying to figure this out.  As the last preseason game will coaches rest all their starters...

-or-

...because there is a two-week gap between the last preseason game and the first regular season game, will coaches treat this as they used to the 3rd preseason game and play all their starters for the first half?

Anyone have any intel?

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Trying to figure this out.  As the last preseason game will coaches rest all their starters...

-or-

...because there is a two-week gap between the last preseason game and the first regular season game, will coaches treat this as they used to the 3rd preseason game and play all their starters for the first half?

Anyone have any intel?

SAR I

With all your inside information your asking jetnation for answers 🤡

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is we treat it more like the 3rd game like in the past which will really limit the rookies chances to shine in a game.  But I think this first time we will see different approaches from different teams. I would think we would want more game time for Zach, but KC might just throw all rookies out there

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Trying to figure this out.  As the last preseason game will coaches rest all their starters...

-or-

...because there is a two-week gap between the last preseason game and the first regular season game, will coaches treat this as they used to the 3rd preseason game and play all their starters for the first half?

Anyone have any intel?

SAR I

I have a call in to Adam Gaze to find out.  He hasn’t called me back yet.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

My guess is we treat it more like the 3rd game like in the past which will really limit the rookies chances to shine in a game.  But I think this first time we will see different approaches from different teams. I would think we would want more game time for Zach, but KC might just throw all rookies out there

Yeah, I think each team will treat the games differently but, if I’m the Jets, I want Zach and the starters/major contributors to get the first half or more in all three games. I think the league set it up with the bye between the last preseason game and the regular season to make it easier to play your main guys in that last one. Also makes for a better product for the season ticket holders forced to buy these games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, I think each team will treat the games differently but, if I’m the Jets, I want Zach and the starters/major contributors to get the first half or more in all three games. I think the league set it up with the bye between the last preseason game and the regular season to make it easier to play your main guys in that last one. Also makes for a better product for the season ticket holders forced to buy these games. 

The OL needs to gel together running a new scheme and the RB’s and Zach need to get a feel for the OL & each other. There’s more risk of injuries to starters but “All gas, no brakes & no breaks”!

All hands on deck with the LB & CB groups. The only players I’d rest is Curry, QW, Rankins, Lawson. These guys are vets and will be ready. Everyone else is competing for PT

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Figured you had all the inside information being you are part of that "advisory committee". 

joewilly12

This is not the type of information we are privy to.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, slats said:

I think the league set it up with the bye between the last preseason game and the regular season to make it easier to play your main guys in that last one. Also makes for a better product for the season ticket holders forced to buy these games. 

This is what I'm hoping and thinking, but wondering if any of the coaching staff's in the league have let that be known as of yet.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Call your buddy Adam Gase and ask him. 

joewilly12

He's not returning my texts.

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, I think each team will treat the games differently but, if I’m the Jets, I want Zach and the starters/major contributors to get the first half or more in all three games. I think the league set it up with the bye between the last preseason game and the regular season to make it easier to play your main guys in that last one. Also makes for a better product for the season ticket holders forced to buy these games. 

This is not directed at you but the "season ticket holders paying full price" for preseason games is such a limp argument. The Jets are going to set a revenue value for each seat and whether they charge $50 for a preseason game or $200 in the end you will pay exactly the same total for you season tickets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This is not directed at you but the "season ticket holders paying full price" for preseason games is such a limp argument. The Jets are going to set a revenue value for each seat and whether they charge $50 for a preseason game or $200 in the end you will pay exactly the same total for you season tickets.

Buying PSls is a simp move to begin with what do you expect?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, undertow said:

Buying PSls is a simp move to begin with what do you expect?

It's not easy having the best non-club seats in the house, but someone has to do it.

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will go out on a limb here and use a common NFL expression: “The OL needs to glue”, so I think they will get some time together. How they are doing will determine how much time our precious rookie will get behind them. If the OL sucks they will throw in Capt Morgan early. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's not easy having the best non-club seats in the house, but someone has to do it.

SAR I

Are your seats covered from the elements. 

joewilly12 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think different teams will use that last game in different ways. 

For a young team like the Jets, I would think getting the young guys as many reps together before the season is important and we will see 1s and 2s get a lot of playing time in that last game.

For a more established veteran team, I can see them giving limited reps to 1s and 2s and using game 3 to make roster decisions for the guys on the bubble.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is not the type of information we are privy to.

SAR I

Start of the joke…

SORE I and Adam Gaze walk into a bar…

FINISH THE JOKE

541B2466-7047-43E0-AB07-DF87DA065F60.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This is not the type of information we are privy to.

SAR I

Can ya at least ask them to go 2-ply in the men’s room next season?

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's not returning my texts.

SAR I

This number has been deactivated for non-payment and is no longer in service.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's not easy having the best non-club seats in the house, but someone has to do it.

SAR I

Is this a brag or self-deprecation? Can’t tell the difference anymore.

16 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Start of the joke…

SORE I and Adam Gaze walk into a bar…

FINISH THE JOKE

541B2466-7047-43E0-AB07-DF87DA065F60.jpeg

SORE doesn’t order a drink but still comes away satisfied 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The OL needs to gel together running a new scheme and the RB’s and Zach need to get a feel for the OL & each other. There’s more risk of injuries to starters but “All gas, no brakes & no breaks”!

All hands on deck with the LB & CB groups. The only players I’d rest is Curry, QW, Rankins, Lawson. These guys are vets and will be ready. Everyone else is competing for PT

I was going to add Becton to your list but you don’t want him on the sidelines all game woofing down hot dogs

🌭 🌭 🌭 🌭 🌭 🌭🌭 🌭 🌭

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Are your seats covered from the elements. 

joewilly12 

No.  Hate that.

But I can easily go to a covered area on the mezzanine if the rain picks up.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Can ya at least ask them to go 2-ply in the men’s room next season?

LOL, will do.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will still be the game that the coaching staff uses to determine last cuts, but with a rookie QB and HC, you may see the starters get a series or two in the first quarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I think it will still be the game that the coaching staff uses to determine last cuts, but with a rookie QB and HC, you may see the starters get a series or two in the first quarter.

....and that's my fear.

I'm really looking forward to going to my first Jets game in 21 months but I'm not going to cut my vacation short to attend a game where the starters come out for a series or two.

I'm hopeful that with the second bye week between Preseason Game 3 and Regular Season Game 1 that coaches across the league will treat this more like the old schedule's full-on tune-up and not rest Zach and the boys for 3 full weeks without real game action.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....and that's my fear.

I'm really looking forward to going to my first Jets game in 21 months but I'm not going to cut my vacation short to attend a game where the starters come out for a series or two.

I'm hopeful that with the second bye week between Preseason Game 3 and Regular Season Game 1 that coaches across the league will treat this more like the old schedule's full-on tune-up and not rest Zach and the boys for 3 full weeks without real game action.

SAR I

No vacation should be cut short to attend preseason football.  I've had season tix since 1981 and I can't remember a preseason game worth attending at all, let alone to leave vacation early to attend.  Record it.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

....and that's my fear.

I'm really looking forward to going to my first Jets game in 21 months but I'm not going to cut my vacation short to attend a game where the starters come out for a series or two.

I'm hopeful that with the second bye week between Preseason Game 3 and Regular Season Game 1 that coaches across the league will treat this more like the old schedule's full-on tune-up and not rest Zach and the boys for 3 full weeks without real game action.

SORE I

SORE I on vacation.

SORE I: “Where did I put my imaginary BMW keys?”

DCB0027B-8F14-4EC1-B8E1-45BF4A206301.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...