No deal close for Jamal Adams?

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Honestly is there any doubt that SEA will eventually offer an incentive contract as a compromise and Adams will wig the eff out.

I have no doubt whatsoever that a very public and incredibly child-like wig out from Adams is in our future. The problems started when he was here because Adams had a fit the Jets weren't giving him an extention 2-3 years before they needed to. And that was last off season. 

I don't remember a peep from Adams about his contract all season. So I have no doubt in my mind that, following the trade, Sea had made promises about doing his contract this offseason. I don't know what Sea cap situation was when they traded for him (maybe they needed a season to clear room for it). Or maybe giving him the contact he's asking for immediately following giving up insane amount of draft capital would have made that trade look even worse at the time. I'm sure they had every intention of keeping to their assurances they would get it done this year, and it sounds like they've tried. The complication since the trade was made is they've seen a year of play and realize what he adds to the team isnt worth what he's asking! Not to mention what they gave up, but we already knew that from day 1?

Jamal Adams doesn't give a damn about winning or the team he is playing for. He cares about being the prez; He cares about Jamal Adams, he cares about his MONEY. Shooting his way out of here had nothing to do about the Jets being a winning team. It was because JD clearly wasn't giving him his insane demanded contract years before he even needed to consider it. 

Jamal didn't stay quiet last season because he was suddenly happy with his salary as long as he played for a winner. He stayed quiet because he was told it was coming this offseason. Now that it hasn't and if the reports are true that they aren't close, watch out. Just wait for it, if this isn't done pretty soon, the fit is coming. It might start slow like it initially did here, but it's coming. And once Prez starts feeling the backlash from their fan base the way he did here ? He will go into full blown tantrum and it's going to be beautiful to watch. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Front-loading Jamal’s contract would be a huge mistake in 2 years he will be complaining about a low annual salary 

Exactly right! Jamal isn't going to be happy unless he's the top guy. My guess is he's insisting in topping the annual number of whatever Simmons got (I think he's the highest paid now). If in 2 years his number ends up lower, he'll just want a new contract. That's yet another reason why it's insane to give him a 5-6 year deal. He'll never be happy with the entire thing. 

If you're Sea GM and now HAVE to resign him because of what you gave up, I feel like your best case of this losing situation is a short 3 year deal matching Simmons annual rate. You sign this man to 5-6 years of his asking price to compound the mistake you made by trading for him... Man, that's a huge cross for the next GM to wear. 

Edit: A little snippet of the first replies to this same topic on a Sea forum. These guys already see what we knew. Kinda feel bad for them lol. I get over it when I remember their Superbowl. 

Screenshot_20210708-221709_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, David Harris said:

It’ll come down to the deadline and then he’ll get $16.5 mill per

but entertaining nonetheless 

Sure they will offer him that but I honestly don’t think he’ll take it. He 100% should, then run to the hills, but I honestly pretty sure he think he’s worth more and won’t take less than he’s worth. Could be wrong, but don’t bet on it. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Sure they will offer him that but I honestly don’t think he’ll take it. He 100% should, then run to the hills, but I honestly pretty sure he think he’s worth more and won’t take less than he’s worth. Could be wrong, but don’t bet on it. 

Seattle is in salary cap hell.  

I think he eventually  gets traded again. 

• Haha 1

I like Adams now more then I ever did before.  He is 100% correct in this.  Seattle traded 2 1sts for him and he now has them by the balls.  He would be a fool to sign for anything less then 18 mil a year.  I see a holdout here with the hawks caving right b4 the season starts.  Kind of like what revis did to us back in the day.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like Adams now more then I ever did before.  He is 100% correct in this.  Seattle traded 2 1sts for him and he now has them by the balls.  He would be a fool to sign for anything less then 18 mil a year.  I see a holdout here with the hawks caving right b4 the season starts.  Kind of like what revis did to us back in the day.

Revis was a DB for the ages. Jamal isn't even the best linebacker in his division. 

• Upvote 2

You know its July when:
(1) The hot thread on JN
(2) is about what DIDN’T happen
(3) on a team OTHER THAN the Jets
(4) to a FORMER Jets player
(5) while that other team does not appear to be SB-bound.

Edit: I forgot about the Panthers mini-camp thread. This post should reference the TWO hottest threads.

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, greengeek said:

You know its July when:
(1) The hot thread on JN
(2) is about what DIDN’T happen
(3) on a team OTHER THAN the Jets
(4) to a FORMER Jets player
(5) while that other team does not appear to be SB-bound.

Edit: I forgot about the Panthers mini-camp thread. This post should reference the TWO hottest threads.

A thread is designated “hot” by the number of replies. So, thanks for the contribution.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. I hope he sits out the entire season. We've got their 1st round pick. 

Not only would Seattle still need to find another starting SS but they'll need to find another pass rusher and run stuffer.

As an NYJ fan, Jamal Adams sitting out or released works for me. 

Are our draft prospects (with their pick) better or worse if he sits out?  Honestly I think they are worse.

Best case for us is they franchise him and then twist the defensive scheme into pretzels so he can be showcased going after the QB. All of this at the expense of covering in the secondary.

I wonder if opposing OCs are clued in to the idea to throw to where he is supposed to be because it is a win if he is back there or a win if he is not? 

13 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Joe Douglas getting 2 firsts and a third for this guy will never not be funny. A safety who is a complete liability outside of the box wants to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL. Spider Man Lol GIF

The trade could very likely go down as the best in franchise history....so far we got rid of a safety who has to be used as a blitzer to be effective and have a guard with a very high ceiling plus another first round pick.

Also, lets not forget the additional benefit to Adams not being signed.  He is EXACTLY the type of guy who can fracture a locker room with his nonsense and hopefully lead to Seattle having a terrible season which will increase the value of our pick.

I get that we hate Jamal and didn't want to pay him, but the whole S/LB thing seems to be THE in thing.  We just drafted a few guys to fit that role.  If they can do the same cheaply, great.  Still, it seems to be a position we are looking to fill.  Raiders did the same with Tanner Muse and there were a bunch of guys fitting that mold. 

• Upvote 1