No deal close for Jamal Adams?

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

I was checking on Seahawks boards and some fans even though they still claim to love Adams, some of them are wondering if they could still get a first for him and if that might not be the smartest move.

Oh, how the prices have fallen and now that THEY have seen his play up close and personal they seem willing to consider living without it.

You couldnt get a 1 for jamal cause of what u have to pay him.  I actually think not 1 team in the nfl would offer anything for adams.  Not a 1, not a 3, not even a 5.

Who would give away draft picks to pay a safety 18 mil a year????  

If u r that hard up for a safety, just draft one and pay him nothing for 4 years.

• Upvote 4

Does anyone by chance know of an active Seahawks message board? I would really like to visit one and chat with some fans about what they think of Adams at this point. The couple that came up on the quick Google I did don't look active. 

I guess I really do take JN for granted sometimes and just assume that every team has an online community as big as JN. 

Thanks again @Maxman!  Two minutes on another teams forum helped me appreciate what you've put together here even more

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, EM31 said:

Are our draft prospects (with their pick) better or worse if he sits out?  Honestly I think they are worse.

Best case for us is they franchise him and then twist the defensive scheme into pretzels so he can be showcased going after the QB. All of this at the expense of covering in the secondary.

I wonder if opposing OCs are clued in to the idea to throw to where he is supposed to be because it is a win if he is back there or a win if he is not? 

Come on man you've first gotta be real with yourself before being fake to me. 

I couldn't care less what fans think of Jamal as a person because he may not be Ed Reed (FS) @ SS but he's one heck of a Defensive Football player. 

You want a ball hawking FS? Point the finger at Marcus Maye and his lack of INTs. You want a play making SS who makes a physical impact? Look at Jamal Adams.

• Drafted 6th overall of the 1st round. 

• All-Rookie team selection.

• 3x Pro Bowler.

• 1x First-team All-Pro. 

• 2x Second-team All-Pro. 

• On every experts top 50 list.

• 347 career tackles.

• 52 QB pressures.

• 39 tackles for loss. 

• 37 QB hits.

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 forced fumbles.

• 4 fumble recoveries.

• 2 Defensive TDs.

I couldn't care less about INTs from a SS that's what you've got FSs for.

Jamal Adams is an awesome football player and our Defense fell off a complete cliff without him last year. It was also his first season in Seattle while inheriting an absolute crap Defense from just the year before. 

And I'm glad we landed two first round picks but I'm not going to act and pretend as if Jamal Adams is a "bad football player". 

Here. Prove me wrong. I bet you can't do it. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.) 

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Since Jamal Adams made us a worse defense as a JET. Fill in the blanks above. Show me dating back to the 1960's 10 Jets SS's who've ever impacted the NFL with statistical production throughout their first 4 years of NFL play that's been better than Jamal's. It should be easy for you since he stinks.

But you can't, can you?

Jets fans behind user names laugh at him in comparison to real life football Players and coaching staffs who absolutely RAVE about him...

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Does anyone by chance know of an active Seahawks message board? I would really like to visit one and chat with some fans about what they think of Adams at this point. The couple that came up on the quick Google I did don't look active. 

I guess I really do take JN for granted sometimes and just assume that every team has an online community as big as JN. 

Thanks again @Maxman!  Two minutes on another teams forum helped me appreciate what you've put together here even more

Just google seahawks message forum.

ya its funny half are in cautious denial the other half know that they were suckered bad

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ya its funny half are in cautious denial the other half know that they were suckered bad

And the other half knows that their Defense was so atrocious in 2019-2020 that their front office was forced to make a desperate move. 

I'd honestly love for Adams to pull a Revis 2.0 and come back to the Jets without an ACL injury in order to laugh @ Seattle for giving us two 1sts and a 3rd + Jamal Adams for absolutely nothingness; and if Robert Saleh ever got his hands on Jamal Adams he'd turn him into an HOF great. 

Yes. He trashed our Franchise on his way out but he was a kid and I'm pretty sure a grown man in Woody Johnson could forgive and forget in order for Jamal to help us win a SB alongside of Lawson, QW, Mosley and Maye while Zach is on a rookie contract.

If the NFL could forgive Vick for torturing innocent dogs, Big Ben for raping multiple women, Plaxico for shooting himself and endangering others, Richardson for speeding with his child in the car, Belly for cheating, Brady for cheating and once again Vick for being a scumbag well then I'm sorry; but a young Jamal is more then forgivable. 

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I couldn't care less what fans think of Jamal as a person because he may not be Ed Reed (FS) @ SS but he's one heck of a Defensive Football player. 

You want a ball hawking FS? Point the finger at Marcus Maye and his lack of INTs. You want a play making SS who makes a physical impact? Look at Jamal Adams.

• 3x Pro Bowler.

• 1x First-team All-Pro. 

• 347 career tackles.

• 52 QB pressures.

• 39 tackles for loss. 

• 37 QB hits.

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 forced fumbles.

• 4 fumble recoveries.

• 2 Defensive TDs.

Jamal Adams is an awesome football player and our Defense fell off a complete cliff without him last year. It was also his first season in Seattle while inheriting an absolute crap Defense from just the year before. 

And I'm glad we landed two first round picks but I'm not going to act and pretend as if Jamal Adams is a "bad football player". 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.) 

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Since Jamal Adams made us a worse defense as a JET. Fill in the blanks above. Show me dating back to the 1960's 10 Jets SS's who've ever impacted the NFL with statistical production throughout their first 4 years of NFL play that's been better than Jamal's. It should be easy for you since he stinks.

But you can't, can you?

Jets fans behind user names laugh at him in comparison to real life football Players and coaching staffs who absolutely RAVE about him...

bullsht

Someone I know at FP told me that there were few regrets or remorse among the Jets for the Adams trade.  In fact, she said there were plenty of smiles.  That's what I know and it's reliable.

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

there are some very funny ones posted.  I would say it's a 2-1 split or close to it.  Seems like over half know that Adams is a liability out there and not worth anything more than a hybrid LB who really is inept in coverage.  He can't cover anything.  

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'd honestly love for Adams to pull a Revis 2.0 and come back to the Jets without an ACL injury in order to laugh @ Seattle for giving us two 1sts and a 3rd + Jamal Adams for absolutely nothingness; and if Robert Saleh ever got his hands on Jamal Adams he'd turn him into an HOF great. 

Yes. He trashed our Franchise on his way out but

That's a lie.  He "trashed" his team for well over a year while he was here (over 50% of his nauseating time with the Jets), and not just on his way out.  He attacked, coaches, GMs other players who weren't "dawgs" to him.  Selfish, self-absorbed prick who was amazingly overrated.  That's come back to Earth a little, but still... the guy isn't worth close to what he wants.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• 3x Pro Bowler.

• 1x First-team All-Pro. 

• 347 career tackles.

• 52 QB pressures.

• 39 tackles for loss. 

• 37 QB hits.

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 forced fumbles.

• 4 fumble recoveries.

• 2 Defensive TDs.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.) 

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

But you can't, can you?

Compiler.  

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• 3x Pro Bowler.

• 1x First-team All-Pro. 

• 347 career tackles.

• 52 QB pressures.

• 39 tackles for loss. 

• 37 QB hits.

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 forced fumbles.

• 4 fumble recoveries.

• 2 Defensive TDs.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.) 

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

But you can't, can you?

I agree about the definition of a SS, and what to expect them to do. The problem is it's a different league, and you need both safety positions to be good at coverage. The other problem is his personality became an issue. Keep in mind that coworkers don't generally make a habit of bashing coworkers or potential coworkers. Guys always lie to the media to keep things on an even keel. Keep in mind that Jamal's production is also in part a product of a scheme that was designed to funnel the play to him. The D was designed for him to make plays so that has to be considered as well. He isn't dog sh*t, but he isn't special either. He's an above average, I'll even say great, box safety in a passing league. He was also drafted 6th overall so you would hope he was talented.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I like my safeties to actually cover opponents in the backfield.  He is terrible at this.  Not good, not adequate or average but terrible.

I like my safeties to actually convert at least some of the interception opportunities that come their way.  He may be among the worst to ever play the professional game when it comes to this.  Talk about hands of stone or is it just that he is a choker in the big spot?

I like my safeties to actually play the Safety position instead of moonlighting in some made up hybrid position which means I also need to go out and get some other real safeties.

I hate shameless self promoters

Although I understand the strategy, I hate players who negotiate in the media, trying to use a fanbase desperate for success to pressure ownership into paying them more than the value of their contributions on the field. I hate the less scrupulous members of the press for ginning up these effort in order to bolster their own career paths (Mehta).

Pro bowls are beauty contests.

Thanks for the picks Seattle.  Honestly i would not give league minimum for him because I thinks we are a better team and a better defense with him elsewhere.  I get it, you drank the Kool-Aid, I hope it tasted good for you.  I never did and histroy is trending in my direction here.

You failed to do what I asked you to do. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Dating back to 1960s list 10 Strong Safety's of the Jets who've been BETTER than Jamal Adams.

You say he STINKS so this should be easy for you and should take you no long than 5 minutes. 

Oh yeah. That's right. You can't. 

Can you?

"You like your Safety's who can blah blah blah blah but can't name 10 SSs better than #33" so funny dude.

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Dating back to 1960s list 10 Strong Safety's of the Jets who've been BETTER than Jamal Adams.

You say he STINKS so this should be easy for you and should take you no long than 5 minutes. 

Can you?

"You like your Safety's who can blah blah blah blah but can't name 10 SSs better than #33" so funny dude.

Has any other strong safety rush the passer as many times as Jamaica Adams did last year? 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Has any other strong safety rush the passer as many times as Jamaica Adams did last year? 

Fk Jamal Adams dude it's not about Jamal Adams. 

List me your top 10 Jets safety's Strong Safety's dating back to the 1960's. 

Show me all those great strong safety Ball Hawking SS Jets with awesome INTs and coverage grades you're referring to. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

It should be really easy for you. Since. Well. You know. We've had so many ball hawking STRONG SAFETY'S over the years lol ?

You can't either Crusher, can you?

6 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Perfect time to trade two firsts and Maye for him! Do it Tanny! 

We can't even get one single 1st or even a 2nd for an almost 30 year old Marcus Maye. 

He's a FREE SAFETY with only 6 career INTs. That's more pathetic than a SSs lack of career INTs when FSs are supposedly "BALL HAWKS".

You guys don't hate the player. You hate the PERSON. 

ADMIT IT ALREADY.

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Can you?

I don't have to go back to the 1960 and I don't have to jump when you tell me to jump.

I don't think he is a strong safety and so I don't think he is in the top 10 for strong safeties today let alone going back to the 1960s

He does not meet the criteria for playing the position. He plays some hybrid position which allows him to freelance at the line while asking the rest of the defense to cover for job he that actually corresponds to his position. When he is not freelancing and he is in coverage he is bottom 5-10 safeties in the NFL in terms of his performance.  Just flat out bad. Not average. Bad.

All of this is before we ever get into questions of durability, character, ego and his fat mouth.  He is simply not even good let alone great.  You have been seduced by all that sexy rushing the QB stuff which gets him onto ESPN instead of the numerous times he is burned for big plays and TDs.

I repeat i would not pay him league minimum.  He is a liability to a defense and not an asset.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

We can't even get one single 1st or even a 2nd for an almost 30 year old Marcus Maye. 

He's a FREE SAFETY with only 6 career INTs. That's more pathetic than a SSs lack of career INTs when FSs are supposedly "BALL HAWKS".

You guys don't hate the player. You hate the PERSON. 

ADMIT IT ALREADY.

No, the player sucks in coverage.  Period.  I mean REALLY sucks in coverage... as in waaaay below average.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• 3x Pro Bowler.

• 1x First-team All-Pro. 

• 347 career tackles.

• 52 QB pressures.

• 39 tackles for loss. 

• 37 QB hits.

• 21.5 sacks. 

• 7 forced fumbles.

• 4 fumble recoveries.

• 2 Defensive TDs.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.) 

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

But you can't, can you?

fourth meme and i make poop memes now : memes

Once upon a time Jamal Adams was our best player.  He was very good and played with passion. But he is all about number one.  Considering how quickly an NFL team will get rid of player once he is no longer deemed of good value, maybe that's the smarter way to be.  In any event, he's history.  No need to look back.  Onward and upward.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fk Jamal Adams dude it's not about Jamal Adams. 

List me your top 10 Jets safety's Strong Safety's dating back to the 1960's. 

Show me all those great strong safety Ball Hawking SS Jets with awesome INTs and coverage grades you're referring to. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

It should be really easy for you. Since. Well. You know. We've had so many ball hawking STRONG SAFETY'S over the years lol ?

You can't either Crusher, can you?

You are so weird. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3