No deal close for Jamal Adams?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Seattle Sunkcosts

This is nonsense. Your SS is supposed to be able to cover a TE (you know, lined up on the strong side and all that), as well as be a last line of defense at the LoS. It’s not a pass rushing position u

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, slats said:

This is nonsense. Your SS is supposed to be able to cover a TE (you know, lined up on the strong side and all that), as well as be a last line of defense at the LoS. It’s not a pass rushing position unless you’re Jamal Adams and suck at the other facets of your job. Safety is lowest valued position on defense in the league, and SSs are valued less than those ball hawking FSs who actually alter games by creating turnovers. To make a glorified, undersized, wannabe Edge the highest paid player at such an undervalued position is just dumb. Plain and simple. 

Guess you never watched your "ball hawking" "turnover machine" FREE SAFETY in Marcus Maye with a whooping 6 career INTs now heading into year #5? 😂

But yeah I guess you know more about the SS position than the fans who voted him into 3 Pro Bowls along with all of the professional sports writers (around the Country) who've selected him as an All-SEC SEC 1st Team, 3 All-Pro's, top 50 NFL player honors along with Jerry Jones who offered pick #17 and Seattle who offered two 1sts and a 3rd etc etc. 

Is that what you're telling me? That as a Football fan you know "more" than all of the above do? 

If so I call horse crap 😂🏈😂

• Thumb Down 1
On 7/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was right. 99% of you Jets fans were wrong. 

I was laughing at fans who wanted to trade Adams for "1 single first" to Dallas. 😂

I was screaming at ppl telling Jets fans he's worth a K. Mack type of package.

My exact words were two 1st round picks + a 4th for Jamal. 

I was right.

I was MOCKED & LAUGHED at by genius Jets fans who told me "box Safety doesn't get you multiple 1st round picks".

And I can quote myself on it and bump that Dallas thread up too. But I'd rather not embarrass my own fan base who was begging for "pick #17" 😂

JD did a little better than I predicted; he got me two 1sts and a 3rd (in exchange for a 4th).

And ever since the trade I've been extremely fired up and celebrating our two 1st round picks + our 3rd and I can bump up my mock drafts too. I love JD. 

But I'll never apologize for "being a lover" of an NY Jets All-Rookie, multiple x Pro-Bowler, multiple x All-Pro, everyone's Top NFL list (by experts instead of clueless football fans) and/or a player who gave me two 1st round picks + a 3rd to appreciate.

Fans such as myself appreciate Jamal Adams because if not for his play as a Jet we wouldn't have Alijah Vera-Tucker right now @ LG (who I've raved about) and we wouldn't have another 1st round pick next year who I'm extremely fired up for because it's going to become a TOP 10 pick.

I just think it's funny how Jets fans can't stop talking about a player on the Seahawks despite going on 2 years later you Jets fans talk about Jamal more than you do Alijah Vera-Tucker and/or our future 2022 1st round pick.

It's funny to me.

Honest question DWC why do you spend so much time on a Jets board. It really is interesting in SOFLA how many Fins fans are just obsessed with the Jets, it’s annoying. 

17 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Honest question DWC why do you spend so much time on a Jets board. It really is interesting in SOFLA how many Fins fans are just obsessed with the Jets, it’s annoying. 

Because ever since Covid-19 I'm paid to work from home from 9 am 7 pm and time goes by fast when talking Jets Football and having a fun time (10 hours sometimes feels like 2). 

This was me (before Covid-19) getting ready for my big game company softball game (I work for a college here in Florida rather not say which one out of fear of receiving harassing JN phone calls 😂😅

Screenshot_20210723-162501.thumb.png.ae402ca34ad33d1a2166521cb5844203.png

But now I get to get paid and work from home because of Covid-19 and I'm loving it. 

Screenshot_20210723-163400.thumb.png.8290538ef6a13714c0799dde7cd379f1.png

My little work from home set-up (had to close my windows screen to avoid JN harassment) 😂

Hope I answered your honest question honestly enough 😎

I get paid $27.00 per hour to have fun on here + 10 hours of overtime every week not the best money but in Florida it's good enough for me and my little family 💜🙏💙

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You want your FS to ball hawk and create INTs with game changing coverage ability. 

However you want your SS to pressure QBs. Hit QBs. Hurry QBs. Knockdown QBs. Sack QBs and also absolutely dominate against the run game with tackles for loss behind the L.O.S. 

And there's never been a SS who's done it better than Jamal Adams.

• Which is why professional sports writers selected him as an All-SEC 1st team SS.

• Which is why professional sports writers selected him to an NFL All-Rookie team.

• Which is why fans have voted him into the Pro-Bowl now 3x. 

• Which is why professional sports writers have selected him as an All-Pro now 3x. 

• Which is why professional sports writers have selected him into 3 different top 100 NFL player honors. 

• Which is why Jerry Jones offered a #17 overall pick.

• Which is why a SB winning Front Office in Seattle gave up two 1st round picks + a 3rd (and they knew EXACTLY what type of player and what time of beast STRONG SAFETY they were receiving in return; because they know Football (just like all the professional sports writers around America do) and you don't. 

And hell yes I'm thankful his great play as a JET netted us Alijah Vera-Tucker + next years 1st round pick but 99.9% of Jets fans don't even comprehend what an amazing STRONG SAFETY this kid truly is (but everyone else, does).

Jets fans can't even list me 10 SSs within Jets Franchise History dating back to the NY Titans days who have been more dominant than Jamal Adams @ SS...

1.) 

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

What? You can't, can you?

(Do it so I can 😂 at you).

😎🏈😎

So no need for a SS to drop back into coverage and be competent? Ever? Everything Jamal got is because he has self promoted himself better than any other player in NFL history. He never takes a play off from jumping up and down and celebrate. His belief in himself is what’s going to get him this contract and  it has very little  to do with his impact on the football field. So good for him and better for us to not be the ones that pay him. 

• Upvote 4
29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because ever since Covid-19 I'm paid to work from home from 9 am 7 pm and time goes by fast when talking Jets Football and having a fun time (10 hours sometimes feels like 2). 

This was me (before Covid-19) getting ready for my big game company softball game (I work for a college here in Florida rather not say which one out of fear of receiving harassing JN phone calls 😂😅

But now I get to get paid and work from home because of Covid-19 and I'm loving it. 

My little work from home set-up (had to close my windows screen to avoid JN harassment) 😂

I get paid $27.00 per hour to have fun on here + 10 hours of overtime every week not the best money but in Florida it's good enough for me and my little family 💜🙏💙

Not bad. But you’re no Zach  Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Honest answer (not quite sure), I can respect that. Is it because you really hate the Jets and love seeing the misery we fans go through? I know way to many of my friends who are Fins fans  love to see the Jets fail miserably. Seriously some of the Dolphins fans down hear are unbearable. I will plead the 5th as to the behavior of some of my fellow Jets fans in SOFLA. 

If that is you in the pic you should cover that badge better if you don’t want to be stalked by JN. Congrats on the new addition to the family. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not bad. But you’re no Zach  Wilson. 

I don't know Crusher I just showed my lady this picture and asked her how sexy is this man?

image.thumb.png.5485453510d7eae130ce650633aec536.png

She told me he looks very feminine and looks like a 13 year old boy and that men shouldn't have blue eyes  😂

I asked her what about me what about my looks and my brown eyes? 

She said you're a manly man who i wanted to marry and make babies with. 

So piss off CRUSHER!

DWC: 1

13 YEAR OLD: 0. 

😜

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know Crusher I just showed my lady this picture and asked her how sexy is this man?

She told me he looks very feminine and looks like a 13 year old boy and that men shouldn't have blue eyes  😂

So piss off CRUSHER!

😜

I’m glad you and yours are happy. It’s a blessing, never forget that. It took me two marriages to get it right, amazing when you do. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m glad you and yours are happy. It’s a blessing, never forget that. It took me two marriages to get it right, amazing when you do. 

Crusher you have no idea I never even wanted to get married not that I didn't want to but I was scared didn't get married until after my daughter was born I was scared every little argument would turn into divorce papers. My dad left my life when I was a baby and I'm the youngest of my moms 4 so I never experienced my mom being married other than her being married to her children so I had no idea what marriage was about but her mom and dad been married since the 1960's so I felt obligated because I know it was upsetting her but yeah ever since got down on one knee it's been a blessing and so many nights I read her some of these JN responses I get and we laugh together I love JN man I remember before I was married before my daughter was born just my GF people on JI or JN or TGG photo shopped pictures of her on a giraffe me on her shoulders back in like 2008-2009 😂 and she was called a Latvian/Russian mail order bride that's when all the marriage talk really began 😂😂😂 I love you guys man 4real my family who bans me but then let's me come crawling back 🙏😎🙏

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Crusher you have no idea I never even wanted to get married not that I didn't want to but I was scared didn't get married until after my daughter was born I was scared every little argument would turn into divorce papers. My dad left my life when I was a baby and I'm the youngest of my moms 4 so I never experienced my mom being married other than her being married to her children so I had no idea what marriage was about but her mom and dad been married since the 1960's so I felt obligated because I know it was upsetting her but yeah ever since got down on one knee it's been a blessing and so many nights I read her some of these JN responses I get and we laugh together I love JN man I remember before I was married before my daughter was born just my GF people on JI or JN or TGG photo shopped pictures of her on a giraffe me on her shoulders back in like 2008-2009 😂 and she was called a Latvian/Russian mail order bride that's when all the marriage talk really began 😂😂😂 I love you guys man 4real my family who bans me but then let's me come crawling back 🙏😎🙏

Ok I love this post............................................

BUT HONESTLY WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE WITH DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

65 Jack Webb ideas | dragnet, webb, old tv shows

Defense hold in there we are coming to get you !

Amazon.com: Little Rascals Spooked 8 X 10 Photo: Posters & Prints

55 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Spoot-Face

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've always been partial to the brown eye, myself.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ok I love this post............................................

BUT HONESTLY WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE WITH DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

65 Jack Webb ideas | dragnet, webb, old tv shows

Defense hold in there we are coming to get you !

Amazon.com: Little Rascals Spooked 8 X 10 Photo: Posters & Prints

F (forget) "DEFENSE" look at my avatar I'm slowly on the verge of creating Offense Wins Championships and if it's already in use it'll become OWC85 or something and then it's...

image.png.c24945058336d2e1b2ff8ca2ef403f8b.pngI'm just waiting for baby DWC (OWC) Jr to be born this way after I hold him for the first time I'll immediately create my OWC username since Zach Wilson will be apart of his life until he's 18-20 years old and ready to get the heck out of the house (only if he wants to tho) 

image.png.9e8e6f339096dcfebbae1d2d70122c1d.png

🤣😂🤣😂

#iDontKnowWhoThisBabyBelongsTo but I bet my little guy will be keyboard arguing with this kid in 10 years from today here on JN and I hope he's ready to argue some STATS!! 😜

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, slats said:

This is nonsense. Your SS is supposed to be able to cover a TE (you know, lined up on the strong side and all that), as well as be a last line of defense at the LoS. It’s not a pass rushing position unless you’re Jamal Adams and suck at the other facets of your job. Safety is lowest valued position on defense in the league, and SSs are valued less than those ball hawking FSs who actually alter games by creating turnovers. To make a glorified, undersized, wannabe Edge the highest paid player at such an undervalued position is just dumb. Plain and simple. 

Well said.

23 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Guess you never watched your "ball hawking" "turnover machine" FREE SAFETY in Marcus Maye with a whooping 6 career INTs now heading into year #5? 😂

But yeah I guess you know more about the SS position than the fans who voted him into 3 Pro Bowls along with all of the professional sports writers (around the Country) who've selected him as an All-SEC SEC 1st Team, 3 All-Pro's, top 50 NFL player honors along with Jerry Jones who offered pick #17 and Seattle who offered two 1sts and a 3rd etc etc. 

Is that what you're telling me? That as a Football fan you know "more" than all of the above do? 

If so I call horse crap 😂🏈😂

When it comes to Adams, the hype from the pundits and non Jets fans are beyond anything I've ever seen for such a mediocre player at a non premium position.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in 2-3 years or the end of his next contract.  And that contract might just be a huge disappointment all dressed up with things Seattle can get out of while making it look good for Adams.  The contract gurus around here will dive in< i'm sure when the time comes.    Seattle should just tag him and use him for another year, assuming he does anything worthwhile this year.

• Upvote 1
She told me he looks very feminine and looks like a 13 year old boy and that men shouldn't have blue eyes 
So piss off CRUSHER!

Kinda reminds of of this guy ....

9e187da144b424a74010aa40bd280d93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Regardless of what Adams is on the field fans have just a little more extra hatred for him because he's got a big mouth and is a selfish player who claims to be a leader when he has zero clue as to what a leader is. 

On the other hand he's a very good football player and every single position counts. If Adams is such a disruptive player (and he is) he should be moved to more of a hybrid role so that when he's in there to be disruptive at the LOS he should replace a LB and another safety brought in to fill his role in coverage. Hell just make the guy a pass rushing LB and call it a day. Thing is if that happens his salary will surely go up as that's a much more desired position. Could very well be Adams feels he will never get that distinction because of a financial situation.

To say safeties are a less desired position is a really silly argument because there have been some that have completely dominated and their respective defenses were not the same without them. If you have one of those guys then all of a sudden the safety position becomes important. I can name  safeties who could have easily been considered indispensible and the most important part of their defenses. Darren, Charles, Rod, Ronnie, Ed, Troy ....only used first names that are pretty common but every true football fan knows exactly who these guys are.

This post is more pointing at the fact safety is just as important as any position on the defense  more than its an indorsement of Adams

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Regardless of what Adams is on the field fans have just a little more extra hatred for him because he's got a big mouth and is a selfish player who claims to be a leader when he has zero clue as to what a leader is. 

On the other hand he's a very good football player and every single position counts. If Adams is such a disruptive player (and he is) he should be moved to more of a hybrid role so that when he's in there to be disruptive at the LOS he should replace a LB and another safety brought in to fill his role in coverage. Hell just make the guy a pass rushing LB and call it a day. Thing is if that happens his salary will surely go up as that's a much more desired position. Could very well be Adams feels he will never get that distinction because of a financial situation.

To say safeties are a less desired position is a really silly argument because there have been some that have completely dominated and their respective defenses were not the same without them. If you have one of those guys then all of a sudden the safety position becomes important. I can name  safeties who could have easily been considered indispensible and the most important part of their defenses. Darren, Charles, Rod, Ronnie, Ed, Troy ....only used first names that are pretty common but every true football fan knows exactly who these guys are.

This post is more pointing at the fact safety is just as important as any position on the defense  more than its an indorsement of Adams

But in today’s nfl, safety is not as important as other defensive positions.  Good pass rushers are always most important whether it’s DE or olb.  Then you have the stud DT position, guys who can stuff the run and push the pocket and disrupt the qb’s rhythm.  Would you rather have Q or adams?  Most gms and dcs would rather have Q.  Then you have stud cbs, and though there aren’t many pure shut down cbs like revis, having a really good cb to put on a stud wr does more for a d than a hybrid safety who is a liability in coverage.  

So after all these positions, then you have safety, which in truth is near last in terms of defensive priority, especially guys who are not particularly fast, athletic or big for the position.