I just “won” the 1st pick in my fantasy draft

4 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Im obligated to take CMC

so basically my season comes down to Sam Darnolds ability to check down. What could go wrong!? Lol

You’re not obligated at all.  Take Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Saquon Barkley or Alvin Kamara if you wish.  It’s your pick.  Take the player you believe will maximize your chances to win a title.

If you think CMC won’t be the top RB, don’t take him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

I absolutely hate having the first pick, had it last year in one league.  I took CMC…it was a 12 team league….Perine was a starting RB for me in a few games, it got ugly.

I ended up with Saquon at #3 overall. It got messy, because Akers and Zack Moss didn’t deliver as my mud-rounders and I went WR all early. Never again.

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Attempt to trade down a handful of spots for an extra 4th or something.   Take a Chubb, Taylor, Tyreek, Davante... and then have another pick in the early-mid round range where very good players often slip.

Taylor will be a top 3 RB in fantasy drafts come 2022. Best is yet to come.

I go against conventional wisdom in fantasy drafts and most often take a Qb with my 1st pick almost no matter where I pick in the 1st round.

Despite the 'numbers' I find Qbs put up more reliable week to week numbers and have much less injury issues that can totally deep six your draft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I go against conventional wisdom in fantasy drafts and most often take a Qb with my 1st pick almost no matter where I pick in the 1st round.

Despite the 'numbers' I find Qbs put up more reliable week to week numbers and have much less injury issues that can totally deep six your draft.

Same here. I had the first pick last season and I took Mahomes. He was a consistent contributor and CMC went number two and was out for the season early. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Im obligated to take CMC

so basically my season comes down to Sam Darnolds ability to check down. What could go wrong!? Lol

I’m fading CMAC this year. Pity because I like him as a player big time. But look what happened to Zeke when Dak got hurt and Dalton came in. Dalton certainly is no worse than Darnold and is probably better even at this stage of his career.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I ended up with Saquon at #3 overall. It got messy, because Akers and Zack Moss didn’t deliver as my mud-rounders and I went WR all early. Never again.

That’s really funny bc I took Akers as a mid rounder too, loaded up on Wrs too, ended up with Wentz as my QB to start the year….there’s no amount of WRs on earth that can overcome that.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Im obligated to take CMC

thank heaven it's not an IDP league because you would have drafted Jamal Adams.

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

I don't know who you should pick but I do know that in my experience the one who gets the #1 pick rarely wins. I suggest trading down if that is an option in your league. 

Not to be a bore but every draft position rarely wins… 

• Upvote 1

I used to love FF but I got so tired of having to root for AFC players on rival teams to do good so I started only drafting NFC players for a couple years and my teams never did good anymore. So I completely stopped playing FF and my fan enjoyment became much more fun therefore while just being able to watch Football and root against the teams who i want to lose. 

I may come out of retirement this season but Zach Wilson, Michael Carter, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Corey Davis and Jets Defense will all be on my team + some NFC picks lol that's the only way I can enjoy FF. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Not to be a bore but every draft position rarely wins… 

Technically yes. But having the first pick you would assume you have a major upper hand, you would assume you get better players or if averaged out over the course of the season you win more often. I just don't find that to be the case. Of course having the last pick doesn't help, but everyone knows the key to most fantasy leagues is paying close attention to player stats and hitting on your waiver wire claims. 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You just made the argument for drafting QB late. You can stream the position weekly and still have decent results. You need to draft RB high because the drop off between RB1s and RB3s is immense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

You just made the argument for drafting QB late. You can stream the position weekly and still have decent results. You need to draft RB high because the drop off between RB1s and RB3s is immense. 

The difference between a pat mahommes and jared goff is substantial.  Like any position you can find good value at RB if you are sharp.  I'm not saying you draft RB late.  I just draft QB early.  Last year I drafted russell Wilson late 1st round and still got Joe Mixon and Jonathan Taylor.  To each their own.  I've had a lot of on going success taking this tact.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The difference between a pat mahommes and jared goff is substantial.  Like any position you can find good value at RB if you are sharp.  I'm not saying you draft RB late.  I just draft QB early.  Last year I drafted russell Wilson late 1st round and still got Joe Mixon and Jonathan Taylor.  To each their own.  I've had a lot of on going success taking this tact.

I noobed around in fantasy leagues when I started watching the NFL in a more serious fashion, and I found it really difficult to wrap my head around how QBs score among the highest points per game, but still are not drafted first. So I like your approach, and RBs constantly get themselves killed and others step in. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Technically yes. But having the first pick you would assume you have a major upper hand, you would assume you get better players or if averaged out over the course of the season you win more often. I just don't find that to be the case. Of course having the last pick doesn't help, but everyone knows the key to most fantasy leagues is paying close attention to player stats and hitting on your waiver wire claims. 

Snake draft?

I noobed around in fantasy leagues when I started watching the NFL in a more serious fashion, and I found it really difficult to wrap my head around how QBs score among the highest points per game, but still are not drafted first. So I like your approach, and RBs constantly get themselves killed and others step in. 
It's not that difficult to figure out ... it's all about dropoff rate from top to bottom of position. The difference between QB3 and QB4 is smaller than RB2 and RB3 by a wide margin. It's all about Supply.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk