Bart Scott All Fired Up About All Gas - No Brake New York Jets!!!!!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It has everything to do with 2019.  We had 7 wins in 2019.  And then the GM had a medicore draft, traded away our Pro Bowl Safety, and gifted the Giants a Pro Bowl DL'man and we dropped down to 2 wins.

The entire coaching staff was the same between 2019 and 2020.  They were the constants.  The variable was Joe Douglas.  His reshaping of the roster in 2020 was an abject failure.  His 2021 free agents look okay and his draft is being hyped to the heavens and the HC is catch-phrase-cuddly.  That's cool.  I'm onboard.  Go Jets.  Joe Douglas is The Man! 

So I don't want to hear how we had less than 8 wins.  That's the expectation.  Don't give me SOJF excuses.

SAR I

That's your expectation.  Anybody else who watched this team the last two years know Gase was the problem and not JD.  You really are a piece of work.  So Adams and Williams were worth 5 wins????  You wanted to keep both?  Really?  Add $30+ million a year in salary and give up a bushel of draft picks for a box safety and a defensive lineman who only plays hard in his contract year?  

The 2020 draft can't be evaluated by one season.  It takes 2-3 years to evaluate a draft.  

JD's reshaping of the roster in 2021 was a direct result of Macc's awful roster construction and Gase's complete ineptitude in developing the players that were there and, particularly, his failure to develop Darnold.  

I'm not playing the SOJF game. I want to see some competence, stability, and progress towards a perennial playoff/SB contending team.  Progress - not some artificial mandate.  

When will you ever stop treating 2019 like a successful season???  When will you admit that Gase was a disaster?  I'm looking forward. You are still looking backwards.  

• Sympathy 4

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The 2021 roster is better than 2019.  The 2021 schedule is easier than 2019.  The 2021 Jets can't possibly be as injured as 2019.

So the record should be better than 2019.  That means 8 wins.

SAR I

2019 Jets opponents winning percentage was .473 which was good for a tie for 31 place in strength of schedule, only the WFT team had easier schedule with their opponents winning percentage at a robust .469. Your narrative of the strength of schedule for this year to be easier is a odds on favorite to be false 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The 2021 roster is better than 2019.  The 2021 schedule is easier than 2019.  The 2021 Jets can't possibly be as injured as 2019.

SAR I

They’re a 2 win team that has replaced their QB with a rookie.  
Even your make believe character would know this if being honest. 

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This doesn’t make sense. Take another swing. Wait for your pitch.

Ex-LSU Teammates Jamal Adams & Leonard Fournette Get Into On Twitter About Adams Hiding Under Tables During Fights And Fournette Faking Injuries To Not Hurt Draft Stock 

It looks like you didn’t get my inference.

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You're wrong. 2021's roster is coming off a 2-14 season.

2021's roster has a rookie HC, a rookie OC, a rookie DC, a rookie QB, a rookie RB, a rookie WR, a rookie LG, a 2nd year LT, a 2nd year WR, the worst secondary in all of Football, an MLB who hasn't played in 2 years, a rookie OLB, a trash Center, a trash RG etc etc.

Only a very clueless football fan would "mandate 8 wins". 

Hoping for a fun season? Sure. Why not. Demanding wins? Cluelessness.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Is the QB going to be better? Or is he going to struggle to get the ball TO the better roster. Look at josh Allen’s first year. The team could be better but not ready to get the eight wins we all want. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They’re a 2 win team that has replaced their QB with a rookie.  
Even your make believe character would know this if being honest. 

I think this is the start to his first joe Douglas shtick that will start mid season if they are losing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 7/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, SAR I said:

If they don't win 8 games then we've got big problems.  We won 7 games in 2019 with:

1.  A weaker roster than this

2.  Devastating injuries

3.  A harder schedule than this

4.  A third string quarterback playing for a month

5.  The worst HC and DC in team history

I appreciate Bart's hype pieces in the same way I detested Manish's hit pieces.  But that's all talk.  That's all optics.  We deserve WINS.  That's what says we have a GM, HC, DC, and OC taking us in the right direction.  WINS.  Don't give me this "5 wins is progress" BS.  Unacceptable.

SAR I

Of course talk is cheap and it’s not like Bart is going to lacing them up any time soon. But compared to his observations of last season he’s being pretty optimistic.  And for that you can believe him.  We’ll see soon enough when the rubber does finally hit the road.

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

2021's roster has a rookie HC, a rookie OC, a rookie DC, a rookie QB, a rookie RB, a rookie WR, a rookie LG, a 2nd year LT, a 2nd year WR, the worst secondary in all of Football, an MLB who hasn't played in 2 years, a rookie OLB, a trash Center, a trash RG etc etc.

At the same time they do get one extra game to  accomplish it 

17 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Ex-LSU Teammates Jamal Adams & Leonard Fournette Get Into On Twitter About Adams Hiding Under Tables During Fights And Fournette Faking Injuries To Not Hurt Draft Stock 

It looks like you didn’t get my inference.

Nope. Lol ♥️

On 7/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, SAR I said:

winnable.jpg

Only 5 wins?  What?  There are 10 winnable games on the schedule!  Look at it!  A neutral-field game, and a 9th home game, and two home games against Florida teams after Christmas, and only 3 elite opposing quarterbacks, and Bucs and Bills teams that will likely rest their starters in Weeks 17 and 18!  This is the easiest schedule we've seen in the last 30 years.

Stop making excuses because Robert is cute and fiery.  I love the guy too, believe me, he's what we need.  WINS.  We are owed WINS.  Bart and his hype pieces and the Jets and their Douglas hype pieces don't keep me warm in November.  WINS do.  If the worst HC in the history of the NYJ could get 7 wins with Maccagnan's injured train wreck of a roster, Saleh should get 8 wins easy.  We should be talking about wildcards.  Because its all set up for it.

SAR I

Stop making excuses for your Gase.  He wasn’t cute like Saleh.  Wasn’t as well liked and respected as Saleh and when all is said and done won’t win as many games as Saleh.  
I’m willing to bet that right now that Saleh wins more games in 2 seasons as Gase did in his embarrassing coaching career with the Jets.  You name the bet, im in Mr Moneybags.  

Let’s see if YOU are willing to do it.   Or let’s wait for the excuses to fly.  

• Upvote 1

Really what Bart is saying is he's pointing out the vast differences between the last 10 or so years and now. How the roster has made such a metamorphosis. All I can say is, thank God for free agency. Because without that, just getting to this point takes at least double the amount of time it has.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

At the same time they do get one extra game to  accomplish it 

True but I don't want to put no guaranteed win amount type of mandate on a 1st year HC who will be feeling out his new roster with rookies and 2nd year players literally. everywhere.

I believe we can make the playoffs due to a culture change but...

2022 next year coming off of two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks +A+ salary cap space is when I'll "expect wins". 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

True but I don't want to put no guaranteed win amount type of mandate on a 1st year HC who will be feeling out his new roster with rookies and 2nd year players literally. everywhere.

I believe we can make the playoffs due to a culture change but...

2022 next year coming off of two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks +A+ salary cap space is when I'll "expect wins". 

Agree completely. I’ll be happy to just watch the games without wanting to go blind. That would be a nice start. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

While I am not a win predicting person it is worth mentioning that last year this team was better than it appeared. The parts better than the sum if you will.

Young players will hamper the win total but this team will undoubtedly be better in every facet of the game. Definitely more exciting to watch. If that adds up to 8 wins with this many "new" pieces then great. I anticipate that the learning curve will show from time to time with the players as well as the staff. I also anticipate that many here will over react and some will even want Saleh fired before season's end believing he is a bust as a HC.

It will happen, people will get their panties in a bunch and they will get over it. Next year we will be better than this year and that is when we will really see what kind of team has been built.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

FWIW, a fan doesn't really "mandate" wins.  I guess he could could quit following the team or rent a banner if he chooses but other than that he's just talking smack.  An owner could mandate a determined amount of wins to stay employed but even the the Johnson's are not that stupid to set any mandates this early into a new regime combo.  No need for histrionics.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Two days ago I told you how I'd never heard of you and asked that you leave me alone.  Yesterday you apologized to me and you told a moderator you were going to put me on ignore.  Today you're responding to my posts again.

Please put me on ignore and leave me alone.

SAR I

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Wit said:

Is the QB going to be better? Or is he going to struggle to get the ball TO the better roster. Look at josh Allen’s first year. The team could be better but not ready to get the eight wins we all want. 

Was Sam Darnold better in 2019?  Let me see, was it when he had mono and left us with a 3rd stringer who shouldn't have been in the NFL for a month?  Or, wait, was it when he came back and saw ghosts and was physically weakened by his illness?

If the worst HC in the history of the NFL could get 7 wins with a harder schedule, a worse roster, and the most injuries in recent memory, then any HC can get 8 wins with this easier schedule, better roster, and no injuries. 

And if you are that cold on Zach Wilson, our GM should be fired immediately. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Was Sam Darnold better in 2019?  Let me see, was it when he had mono and left us with a 3rd stringer who shouldn't have been in the NFL for a month?  Or, wait, was it when he came back and saw ghosts and was physically weakened by his illness?

If the worst HC in the history of the NFL could get 7 wins with a harder schedule, a worse roster, and the most injuries in recent memory, then any HC can get 8 wins with this easier schedule, better roster, and no injuries. 

And if you are that cold on Zach Wilson, our GM should be fired immediately. 

SAR I

Absolutely. “ Release the Kracken!”

• Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The ignore function is working, go ahead, give it a try. 

• Haha 1