Becton ranked 6th best tackle

Some of you guys had me swaying on becton when he missed ota with the foot thing. 

eff that noise.  He looks so much better this offseason.  I say he plays in every game to silence the doubters.  His ability and nastiness speaks for itself on the field.  

Like someone said above.  He was on an island against some of the best last year. he was just one man on this offense and that one man kicked ass no matter how sorry the rest of the lot was.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slats said:

Brick’s best attributes were his steadiness and availability. He was consistently reliable, but never dominant, especially in the run game. Becton has already demonstrated an ability to be dominant. If AVT turns out to be worth what the Jets gave up to get him, that side of the line is going to be scary. 

And without any mini camp training camp or preseason games as a rookie..B)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

But some JN posters told me he was fat and sucked?

Yeah, that was the funniest run.  Hes a big man turned into hes fat and lazy.  Because, you know, if he dieted and worked himself down to a trim 345 he never would have gotten a case of plantar fasciitis.  Friggen idiots kept going on and on as if they have any idea of what they were whining about

1 hour ago, freestater said:

***left a couple games after making aforementioned starts

For sure, just not enough to get to 70%.  

Not sure why we over exaggerate his injuries.  Someone even listed his hammy because, you know, hes fat, lazy and out of shape.  Too bad it was a knee

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

For sure, just not enough to get to 70%.  

Not sure why we over exaggerate his injuries.  Someone even listed his hammy because, you know, hes fat, lazy and out of shape.  Too bad it was a knee

I emphasize it so much because Connor McDermott sucks huge donkey balls. We've made improvements to the overall depth of the line, but a top flight tackle is only worth so much when your FQB is laying crumpled on the ground because your starting LT has an ingrown toenail (or sumthin).

33 minutes ago, freestater said:

I emphasize it so much because Connor McDermott sucks huge donkey balls. We've made improvements to the overall depth of the line, but a top flight tackle is only worth so much when your FQB is laying crumpled on the ground because your starting LT has an ingrown toenail (or sumthin).

He had a knee and a breathing problem from a hit

But do call it an ingrown toe and help make my point

On 7/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Becton was 6th , Wirfs was 8th.  Becton was ranked higher.

Here is what they said:

Becton is the classic eye-test guy. Watch him move and become a believer.

"He's generational in terms of athleticism and size," an NFC exec said of the second-year tackle. "Very rare."

The 6-foot-7 Becton's blocking numbers weren't eye-popping last season. His 83.8% pass block win rate ranked 49th among tackles, but he battled through a chest injury as a rookie, and the Jets were a bad team. He ranked 16th in run block win rate (76%).

There is some projection from voters here, but it's clear that only injuries would stop him from improving those totals.

"Hall of Fame traits," said an AFC scout.

Do foot injuries count ?