How good does it feel?

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This is true but it gets you interviews and you need those to get the job

Very true.  But how else is someone getting to even the interview?  If you cant lead an unit, even if you've got it in you how would anyone know?  Its hard but I can't see too many alternatives.  Its like that with any job listing.  Without the resume and history people dont get call backs.  

I got out of school, did my first marketing gig and then felt qualified to fill any C level position.

Unfortunately no one agreed

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Maybe he's the next Billy Martin.

You know, George, as painful as it is, I've had to let a few people go over the years. Yogi Berra, Lou Piniella, Bucky Dent, Billy Martin, Dallas Green, Dick Hauser, Bill Virdon, Billy Martin, Stump Merrill, Billy Martin, Bob Lemon, Billy Martin, Gene Michael, Buck Showalter... 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/12/2021 at 8:15 PM, SAR I said:

It’s bad enough that Gase set a standard so low.  The fans shouldn’t follow suit.   

Saleh better be better than Gase.  That means not opening the first month with a losing record.  That means ending the season with more than 7 wins.  

SORE I

A6ABD807-9BBB-45CD-AE59-7B9DA6B64995.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GangGreened said:

It was impossible for me to get excited about the 2020 season knowing Gase was in charge. Only a fool thought the 7-9 finish had any substance to it. 

An awful coach on every level 

I watched zero minutes of Jets football last season except for the once or twice they popped onto red zone. I also wouldn’t have watched this coming season if Sam was back. Now, there’s something interesting to tune in for.

• Upvote 1