Prospects 2022 and random college ball talk.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not draft eligible, just man crush eligible  

unfortunately blew his ACL in the spring. Hope his career isn’t shortened by injuries like my dream beat Danario Alexander…?

That’s too bad for him, was looking forward to seeing him.  He’s a really good kid too.   

On a side note if we’re talking non-draft eligible kids, keep an eye on Will Shipley, true Freshman RB for Clemson.  210 pounds and ran a laser timed 4.45.   And he’s white....Lol.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, kdels62 said:

I fell in love with this guy when watching what Joe Tryon was about. If he comes out this year he’s absolutely worth a flier.

Also:

Look at him in all of his glory

Yup. I want this kid really bad as the #1 ranked interior O-lineman at a position of need (Center). 

2020 = LT: Mekhi Becton (1st round).

2021 = LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker (1st round).

2022 = (Center): Tyler Linderbaum  (1st round).

Talk about a rebuilt JD offensive line featuring a trio of 1st round O-lineman and that's one thing both D'Brickishaw and Mangold lacked; was a (3rd) young running mate. 

And I'm sorry but watching crap Center play after years of nothing but Mawae/Mangold doesn't even feel like I'm watching Jets football anymore ?

And in sorry but I'd rather much draft Tyler Linderbaum for all 3 of Zach Wilson/Michael Carter/O-Line than any pass rusher or CB come the 1st round.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s too bad for him, was looking forward to seeing him.  He’s a really good kid too.   

On a side note if we’re talking non-draft eligible kids, keep an eye on Will Shipley, true Freshman RB for Clemson.  210 pounds and ran a laser timed 4.45.   And he’s white....Lol.  

Why are white rbs such an enigma lol - i admit to being immediately interested.

Truth be it, i'm looking forward to seeing Clemson more this year than i have in a few seasons. Can't put a finger on why, but I was "over" the Trevor Lawrence era pretty quickly - with T Higgins being the only real infatuation. I'm excited to see this new O. 

(and you guys gotta get the Jordan Leggett taste out of my mouth - with a proper stud at TE making the NFL-leap)

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why are white rbs such an enigma lol - i admit to being immediately interested.

Truth be it, i'm looking forward to seeing Clemson more this year than i have in a few seasons. Can't put a finger on why, but I was "over" the Trevor Lawrence era pretty quickly - with T Higgins being the only real infatuation. I'm excited to see this new O. 

(and you guys gotta get the Jordan Leggett taste out of my mouth - with a proper stud at TE making the NFL-leap)

It will be interesting to see what DJ brings to the offense week in and week out.   He has a ton of expectations to live up to, that worries me a little.   He’s a different type of kid than Deshaun and Trevor were.   

As far as the TEs go, we haven’t really recruited the position well recently.  The TE can be an after thought in this offense and the top kids go elsewhere to play TE.   

Hopefully Ross gets cleared, he still hasn’t been cleared for contact.  You’ll love WR, EJ Williams, he’s going to take a massive leap forward this year. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

It will be interesting to see what DJ brings to the offense week in and week out.   He has a ton of expectations to live up to, that worries me a little.   He’s a different type of kid than Deshaun and Trevor were.   

As far as the TEs go, we haven’t really recruited the position well recently.  The TE can be an after thought in this offense and the top kids go elsewhere to play TE.   

Hopefully Ross gets cleared, he still hasn’t been cleared for contact.  You’ll love WR, EJ Williams, he’s going to take a massive leap forward this year. 

You’d think just out of sheer program gravity, that one or two decent TE prospects would be drawn into Death Valley. 

really hopeful for Ross. Unfortunate the way some of these recent Clemson receivers have been seriously injured. You’ve been infusive in your support of Williams. I’m excited to see him, but first it’s all about the kid from my old stomping ground - Ajou Ajou. …that kind of story just doesn’t happen often - though lately there’s been a couple locals after none forever (Hubbard and Claypool) 

• Upvote 1

The talent in this draft is so insane at positions where we need players. On the edge obviously Thibodeoux is the prize but man the early rounds have guys with such varied skill available.

I really like George Karlaftis from Purdue. He’s got a motor that doesn’t quit and uses his straight arm so well. Strong dude. Gotta find out if he has the hips and ankle flexibility to play in the NFL. The highlights below are true freshman highlights 

Also DeMarvin Leal at Texas A&M is interesting because he has 3-tech Type size but he has edge rusher type physicality. If he tests capable of being an edge rusher then holy cow imagine putting Lawson and Leal across from each other. 

also:

Drake Jackson, USC sucks. He either needs to become an entirely new player or gtfo out all these first round conversations. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, sec101row23 said:

As an FSU fan I'm anxious to follow his Clemson career here in the ACC because I think he's an electric player @ QB.

D.J. Uiagalelei is also built like a tank @ 6'4/260 lbs wow. 

I don't know much about your kid other than the two games I've watched him play vs. Boston College and Notre Dame and even though he went 1-1 it's hard not to be fired up for this kid (checking stats now) 

59/85 (69.4%), 4 TDs/0 INTs, 2 rushing TDs and a QB Rating of 162 vs. BC/ND (combined). 

I remember he struggled some once in the RedZone but he's still a kid and was literally thrown into the fire once Lawrence had Covid-19 and to be so young but still take Notre Dame into double OT with 40 points scored? That's pretty impressive. I think you've got a Watson/Lawrence Pt. 3.

I have a feeling FSU football is rejuvenated and we're going to have a monster 2021 season this year and between Clemson/UNC/Miami/FSU our ACC is going to become really fun this year. 

On 7/26/2021 at 5:15 PM, Paradis said:

You’d think just out of sheer program gravity, that one or two decent TE prospects would be drawn into Death Valley. 

really hopeful for Ross. Unfortunate the way some of these recent Clemson receivers have been seriously injured. You’ve been infusive in your support of Williams. I’m excited to see him, but first it’s all about the kid from my old stomping ground - Ajou Ajou. …that kind of story just doesn’t happen often - though lately there’s been a couple locals after none forever (Hubbard and Claypool) 

Here’s an update on Jo-Jo.   

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He's got such a gronk-y (not the TE) body type - you could carry that 220-230 on his frame and still gallop. Will be excited to see the progress over the next two years.. At worst, he could be a tight end, at best, he's could be DK Metcalf type outside/YAC guy

I'll never be lucky enough to see this story land him in NY

My youngest son married into a UVA family...his mother and father in law met there as freshman, and my daughter in law and her sister  graduated from there as well. Found out last week that my wife and I are invited to the ND/ UVA game in Charlottesville on Nov. 13th. Am psyched beyond belief. If UVA is having a good season, could easily see the game getting moved to prim time. Is UVA supposed to be good this year?

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, section314 said:

My youngest son married into a UVA family...his mother and father in law met there as freshman, and my daughter in law and her sister  graduated from there as well. Found out last week that my wife and I are invited to the ND/ UVA game in Charlottesville on Nov. 13th. Am psyched beyond belief. If UVA is having a good season, could easily see the game getting moved to prim time. Is UVA supposed to be good this year?

Not a great outlook for UVA this year.   My guess is that the game will be a noon or 3:30 kick off, especially if it is an NBC game.    Not sure what the other matchups are for that weekend, but it’s not likely that game gets moved to 7 or 8pm.  

Regardless, you’ll have a great time at the game.  It’s a beautiful campus and the tailgating is great.   I imaging a lot of ND fans will be there, they travel as well as any program.  

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Good news for Justyn, his future was in serious doubt last year.   

Good news, because I want to beat you at your best next month. 

(As a lifelong Jet fan and Dawg for 30+ years, I am nowhere near as confident as that makes me sound.) 

Just now, Lith said:

Good news, because I want to beat you at your best next month. 

(As a lifelong Jet fan and Dawg for 30+ years, I am nowhere near as confident as that makes me sound.) 

Lol...been a long time between National Championships and Super Bowls for you.   1969 and 1980.  

Going to be an awesome matchup though.   Not sure what this Clemson team is going to be yet.   Camp opened today, so we’ll see.  

• Sympathy 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:12 PM, Paradis said:

He's got such a gronk-y (not the TE) body type - you could carry that 220-230 on his frame and still gallop. Will be excited to see the progress over the next two years.. At worst, he could be a tight end, at best, he's could be DK Metcalf type outside/YAC guy

I'll never be lucky enough to see this story land him in NY

Update for you from the second day of camp.....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don’t get me too worked up!! I feel like my heart is all used up.

that opening game vs Georgia. My god.… less than 4 weeks!!

One of the better opening weekend match ups we’ve seen for college ball.   

DJ Uiagalelei weighed in at camp at 247 pounds....Lol.   The kid is enormous.  

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

One of the better opening weekend match ups we’ve seen for college ball.   

DJ Uiagalelei weighed in at camp at 247 pounds....Lol.   The kid is enormous.  

Ridiculous. I’m salivating to watch the offense. The fact that there’s some question marks with DJ and the team may have to overcome a bit of adversity makes it better

how’s the D look tho. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ridiculous. I’m salivating to watch the offense. The fact that there’s some question marks with DJ and the team may have to overcome a bit of adversity makes it better

how’s the D look tho. 

The D line should be a major strength.   Brian Breese should become a household name this year.   Booth is the only CB with any kind of experience, the rest are just young.  But they are all 6 foot plus and long.   They definitely recruit specific traits.   

Here’s a pic of Shipley, talk about not looking the part...Lol

image.thumb.jpeg.55cbcbdc7288308beb4ae4b690ecda6d.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The D line should be a major strength.   Brian Breese should become a household name this year.   Booth is the only CB with any kind of experience, the rest are just young.  But they are all 6 foot plus and long.   They definitely recruit specific traits.   

Here’s a pic of Shipley, talk about not looking the part...Lol

image.thumb.jpeg.55cbcbdc7288308beb4ae4b690ecda6d.jpeg

Lol

meanwhile Tee Higgins becoming a prototype outside dominant WR should be the least shocking thing. How many ppl had him as their top 1-2 WRs last year? Just me. 

reminds me of the year Keenan Allen came out. I had him and Hopkins neck and neck. (Somehow ppl thought Tavon and Patterson were equals)… Keenan Allen was the most over thought absurdly criticized prospect I can remember

Now Higgins. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol

meanwhile Tee Higgins become a prototype outside dominant WR should be the least shocking thing. How many ppl had him as their top 1-2 WRs last year? Just me. 

reminds me of the year Keenan Allen came out. I had him and Hopkins neck and neck. (Somehow ppl thought Tavon and Patterson were equals)… Keenan Allen was the most over thought absurdly criticized prospect I can remember

Now Higgins. 

Agreed.  Tee has been having a great camp so far.   He’s a natural, and now that he’s learning how to refine his route running he’s even more dangerous.  Tee, Chase and Boyd are a hell of a trio.   

I’ve always maintained that Keenan’s college tape is the gold standard by which to compare college route running.   It was silly what people were saying about him Pre draft.  

• Sympathy 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, Paradis said:

Lol

meanwhile Tee Higgins becoming a prototype outside dominant WR should be the least shocking thing. How many ppl had him as their top 1-2 WRs last year? Just me. 

Now Higgins. 

More Tee....