Prospects 2022 and random college ball talk.

I’m kinda of now at the point where I think we need to get Linderbaum or bust. This draft is gonna have CBs (Stingley, Elam, Booth, Riley Moss, Gardner), it’s gonna have TEs (Ruckert, Likely, Wydermyer), and EDGE rushers but it will only have 1 Center prospect that’s just heads and shoulders above everyone else. I think the guy is gonna have Zack Martin, Quinton Nelson type impact on teams. 

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Darian Kinnard - a name to watch on for Kentucky.  Senior RT prospect.  6'5 345.  26 consecutive starts.  He's massive and can move.  He's a mauler.  Could be someone who starts getting a lot of top 100 if not higher love come draft time.

Super impressed with his movement skills.

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’m kinda of now at the point where I think we need to get Linderbaum or bust. This draft is gonna have CBs (Stingley, Elam, Booth, Riley Moss, Gardner), it’s gonna have TEs (Ruckert, Likely, Wydermyer), and EDGE rushers but it will only have 1 Center prospect that’s just heads and shoulders above everyone else. I think the guy is gonna have Zack Martin, Quinton Nelson type impact on teams. 

Really curious how high Linderbaum can go. Conceptually seems to check a ton of the boxes for sure. Scheme fit, aligns with what the GM wants to do, fills a long-term need, could make a huge impact, but not necessarily a guy they need to spend a top of the draft selection on due to positional value. 

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Darian Kinnard - a name to watch on for Kentucky.  Senior RT prospect.  6'5 345.  26 consecutive starts.  He's massive and can move.  He's a mauler.  Could be someone who starts getting a lot of top 100 if not higher love come draft time.

Don’t know why, I think maybe just having seen the impact Becton had on runs off tackle, but love the idea of a big RT who can move to bookend him. Neal is obviously a crazy athlete and gigantic but is going to go too high to make sense. Kinnard certainly sounds like someone to keep an eye on.

7 hours ago, maury77 said:

Love most of you guys, happy to see you are keeping the good fight going. 

FWIW, I havent put any actual work into my thoughts in this thread, other then asking about that article.  lol  Just going to comment on guys I watch, no more deep work into this sh*t. lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

Really curious how high Linderbaum can go. Conceptually seems to check a ton of the boxes for sure. Scheme fit, aligns with what the GM wants to do, fills a long-term need, could make a huge impact, but not necessarily a guy they need to spend a top of the draft selection on due to positional value. 

Don’t know why, I think maybe just having seen the impact Becton had on runs off tackle, but love the idea of a big RT who can move to bookend him. Neal is obviously a crazy athlete and gigantic but is going to go too high to make sense. Kinnard certainly sounds like someone to keep an eye on.

I would be fine with Linderbaum, as it does seem he checks a ton of boxes especially schematically.  

That being said, I would rather keep paying Fant/Moses to hold down RT and use our draft capital elsewhere, especially given that there could be 5/5 real good edge rushers and we really need to find a TE.

13 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I would be fine with Linderbaum, as it does seem he checks a ton of boxes especially schematically.  

That being said, I would rather keep paying Fant/Moses to hold down RT and use our draft capital elsewhere, especially given that there could be 5/5 real good edge rushers and we really need to find a TE.

Yeah I don’t think Neal makes sense as I said but if someone like Kinnard ends up being a third round guy…not too rich for my taste. Certainly understanding it varies person to person but edge would be addressed earlier and there would certainly be opportunities to do TE earlier too.

3 hours ago, derp said:

Linderbaum’s hype is growing and he might end up with a generational label by the end of the season. Would it be insane to take him in the top 10? Probably but it wouldn’t surprise me if things keep going the way they are going.

22 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Linderbaum’s hype is growing and he might end up with a generational label by the end of the season. Would it be insane to take him in the top 10? Probably but it wouldn’t surprise me if things keep going the way they are going.

Yeah I honestly don’t know. The thing that makes me lean away from that direction is he’s pretty light - listed at 290 and I imagine he’s a touch over 300 at best pre-draft. The interior OL I remember going top ten are Nelson who was an athletic freak at 330 and could’ve played in any scheme and Cooper and Warmack in a weak 2013 draft. So I’m not sure Linderbaum goes that high. Teens, maybe.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2021 at 8:18 PM, kdels62 said:

I think after this season plays out for the Jets there will be even more of a glaring need for Edge rushers and CBs.   Those two positions, along with TE will probably be the top 3 needs that will be addressed.   The potential talent in this first round actually aligns perfectly for those needs.  I’m not sure JD will pass up on Edge or Corner for a Center.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I think after this season plays out for the Jets there will be even more of a glaring need for Edge rushers and CBs.   Those two positions, along with TE will probably be the top 3 needs that will be addressed.   The potential talent in this first round actually aligns perfectly for those needs.  I’m not sure JD will pass up on Edge or Corner for a Center.   

I still think they’re going to address corner later given the scheme and based on the volume of day three DB’s last year. Edge I think will top the list though. Tight end is a huge one too but a matter of when they have the opportunity to address it.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, sec101row23 said:

A place for random college talk and some 2022 draft eligible prospects.  No 2022 mock drafts please...Lol.

Going to watch this kid a lot this year, there’s some potential here IMO. 

mentioned him a while ago when I was scouting mike woods at Arkansas (he;s now in oklahoma)  kids really getting a lot of hype this year.  Good player but I need to see more film of how he's developed from last year. 

Linderbaum dominated the ISU game.  A defense who is lauded around the country as trend setters in moderne defense and Linderbaum physically dominated them while directing a unit that has essentially zero starting experience outside of him.  No communication mixups, no free runners because of missed assignments, and part of that is because of Linderbaum calling things at the line.  Iowa doesn’t look over at the coaches for adjustments like most teams do.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Soooooo after the first game maybe we are looking at a Neal/ Linderbaum combo in the first next year?   

I do legitimately think tackle is a big need. Becton hasn’t proved he can stay healthy - we’ll see how he is when he comes back but if he doesn’t dominate the end of the season there’s a guy like Neal available and Thibodeau is off the board I think you have to think hard about it.

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Linderbaum dominated the ISU game.  A defense who is lauded around the country as trend setters in moderne defense and Linderbaum physically dominated them while directing a unit that has essentially zero starting experience outside of him.  No communication mixups, no free runners because of missed assignments, and part of that is because of Linderbaum calling things at the line.  Iowa doesn’t look over at the coaches for adjustments like most teams do.

I think Linderbaum is nearing must acquire status. Even without addressing tackle I think they need someone to bring the whole OL a degree of cohesiveness. Just seems like a slam dunk, safe pick, good to continue efforts to protect Wilson.

I don’t know if it’s a move down from where the Jets pick or they’ll end up with a worse pick than I expected or if it’s an aggressive trade up like AVT with the Seattle pick (good to know JD does it) but it’s just so obvious.

Team tends to not see things the same way as fans but I hope they do in this case.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

@Paradis Not sure if you saw or heard anything about this kid yet.  6’2”  225 pounds true freshman.  And yea, he wears #5 at Arkansas….Lol.   Has WR skills as well.  Right now he’s getting more reps in the Razorback backfield.  

Lol you know i love to see it.

Oddly enough i've watched a fair amount of ARK this year, being that I drafted their QB Jefferson in that 50-man College league i told you about... Trelon Smith is probably going to keep his snap-share, being an effective chain mover,  but this Sanders guy could compliment him very nicely. I like Trelon as potential COP/passing back in the NFL. No long speed, but better vision than these washouts like J. Hawkins that people thought were gonna stick. Nice hands and makes good cuts. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol you know i love to see it.

Oddly enough i've watched a fair amount of ARK this year, being that I drafted their QB Jefferson in that 50-man College league i told you about... Trelon Smith is probably going to keep his snap-share, being an effective chain mover,  but this Sanders guy could compliment him very nicely. I like Trelon as potential COP/passing back in the NFL. No long speed, but better vision than these washouts like J. Hawkins that people thought were gonna stick. Nice hands and makes good cuts. 

Sanders is a bit of a long strider with a lot of speed.  He should be worked into the passing game as WR as the season progresses.  Ultimately I think his future in the NFL will be as a WR.  

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Sanders is a bit of a long strider with a lot of speed.  He should be worked into the passing game as WR as the season progresses.  Ultimately I think his future in the NFL will be as a WR.  

think so hey. I can't pretend to have an opinion yet, but i wish for a 6'2 220 Arkansas 'back every Christmas eve. 

On 9/7/2021 at 8:18 PM, kdels62 said:

He’s going to be a jet.  Book it.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, sec101row23 said:

Depends also on FA, and how the line gels as the season goes on.

Do they lose Fant and Moses?   Does Becton actually play the 2nd half of the season?  Does Zack take a pounding, or does the protection improve?

On 9/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I mean he is the dude, its just a matter of where does he go and can we get there to take him.  

• Upvote 1