"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

I know you'er just playing the game. I also put moron in quotes as sarcasm, not that you called me that. 

honestly there was nothing to follow up on really. no one even engaged

Let me ask your thoughts on Nyn. Why is she cratering on me? Why has she chosen to defend players like Dice? How do you feel about her comments about recalibrating, and then never really showing up and showing her work?

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Question, does dice thinking no lynch was the right play make him scum - or just wrong?

Given that 80 couldn't be lynched - and scum would have known that - what motivation would scum have had to stick their neck out and advocate a no lynch?

To me, that's just not a logical course for scum - I think the quick votes on Dice here look bad. Especially from Stark.

I am willing to talk this out... IMO you don't "No Lynch" on D2 when you have a counter. I may be wrong but what clarity do you gain from that. there are scenarios where it doesn't "settle" itself in the night phase. so I don't see the reason for a no Lynch there. 

Does it make him scum or just wrong... hell it could be one or the other, or both. say we lynched Crusher there, as some were advocating... we don't kill 80 because crush was the only guy that could, possibly?!?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

But to the point I'm making, is Dice a guy that's going to do something this high-risk as scum? Given they would have known that 80 can't be lynched. 100 times out a 100, I wouldn't. I guess that's what has me pondering this.

I don't know, I feel like any game I've played with Dice he gets tunneled to his own detriment so I can't say for sure.

I guess I just am more stuck on what does a no Lynch gain you in that position, or even if we switched to voting you there instead. Dice was concerned with mislynching town and saying to leave 80/crush alone, that it would resolve itself. wanted to vote you which could also result in a town mislynch 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I am willing to talk this out... IMO you don't "No Lynch" on D2 when you have a counter. I may be wrong but what clarity do you gain from that. there are scenarios where it doesn't "settle" itself in the night phase. so I don't see the reason for a no Lynch there. 

Does it make him scum or just wrong... hell it could be one or the other, or both. say we lynched Crusher there, as some were advocating... we don't kill 80 because crush was the only guy that could, possibly?!?

I don't know, I feel like any game I've played with Dice he gets tunneled to his own detriment so I can't say for sure.

I guess I just am more stuck on what does a no Lynch gain you in that position, or even if we switched to voting you there instead. Dice was concerned with mislynching town and saying to leave 80/crush alone, that it would resolve itself. wanted to vote you which could also result in a town mislynch 

Yea, I'm 100% in agreement the no lynch accomplishes nothing.

His move to lynch me... knowing that Beaver and 80 were scum, it's got my Spidey sense tingling that my name is going to be up and down the scum QT. There's clearly and undertone of "let's eff with Ape" going on here, but I cannot put my finger on which parties are scum using it as strategy vs. which are just hurt-feeling wimp babies who need face punches.

Personally, I feel like it'd be good to get some top 3 lists out of people. You've got half the game that is only happy voting for me, so as townies you should all be concerned that many folks are using "vote ape" as cover to hide in plain sight.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Let me ask your thoughts on Nyn. Why is she cratering on me? Why has she chosen to defend players like Dice? How do you feel about her comments about recalibrating, and then never really showing up and showing her work?

I don't know. here defending dice was not game related as much as her knowing his meta, which in this game there isn't much content. and what there is, is shady. 

im not sure what work you are expecting her to show. Something I figured out after a few games with all the newer players from last year is, its not always to your benefit to show too much because they don't play the same way the older group did. the group that I played with when I came in with @GATA ... you all had almost a damn outline of how every game and scenario "should" be played out. now with half the game being newer, to mafia, players I think people are adjusting.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I don't know. here defending dice was not game related as much as her knowing his meta, which in this game there isn't much content. and what there is, is shady. 

im not sure what work you are expecting her to show. Something I figured out after a few games with all the newer players from last year is, its not always to your benefit to show too much because they don't play the same way the older group did. the group that I played with when I came in with @GATA ... you all had almost a damn outline of how every game and scenario "should" be played out. now with half the game being newer, to mafia, players I think people are adjusting.

Work = gathering insights from re-read, adjusting her reads, taking new positions.

Like, if I said, "Man, I've been misreading all of this. I'm going re-read." The expectation from town would be that I produce something. Time and again, I've seen folks do that, and after a while I realized it was a scum tell when they never produced anything - it's a punting tactic as scum - and I bagged many scum based on that.

True enough with the new group, it's a daft way of playing that gives me fits once I get invested in the game. I find I can pluck scum out with ease at the beginning when I'm half-hearted, then I start reading it closer and ... brain melt.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Work = gathering insights from re-read, adjusting her reads, taking new positions.

Like, if I said, "Man, I've been misreading all of this. I'm going re-read." The expectation from town would be that I produce something. Time and again, I've seen folks do that, and after a while I realized it was a scum tell when they never produced anything - it's a punting tactic as scum - and I bagged many scum based on that.

True enough with the new group, it's a daft way of playing that gives me fits once I get invested in the game. I find I can pluck scum out with ease at the beginning when I'm half-hearted, then I start reading it closer and ... brain melt.

yup... I do agree. saying "im going to do a re-read" or anything to that effect should produce some post that stands out and I agree it is scummy to say something along those lines and not come back with anything... my timing may be off but was that in the night phase? and has she really been around? I thought I remembered her changing her stance on 1 player.

@Nynaeve would you care to speak on your "going to recalibrate" or whatever wording you used? 

4 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

It bothers me that 80 never moved to vote for ape as his counter train. He stayed on spoot even when votes peeled off of him. Then claimed at L-2 and of course had to move to Crusher with the counterclaim.

58 minutes ago, Stark said:

yup... I do agree. saying "im going to do a re-read" or anything to that effect should produce some post that stands out and I agree it is scummy to say something along those lines and not come back with anything... my timing may be off but was that in the night phase? and has she really been around? I thought I remembered her changing her stance on 1 player.

@Nynaeve would you care to speak on your "going to recalibrate" or whatever wording you used? 

She opened with this day phase with lots of chatter, but the post I quoted above is the first thing she said that was a "move" so to speak. Very scummy, nudgey type move... throwing shade, without throwing down a vote. Greenderp came along and nibbled and he voted me, then I think JC came it acting like a boob and voted me.

16 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Gonna try to recalibrate and see where I'm at.

I still think JC is a good direction tho. He feels wrong to me.

@Stark here, click the post and go back and read for yourself.

Again, even this post suggests a lynch - without voting - her comments are very "soft influence" in nature.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

Been busy

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

She opened with this day phase with lots of chatter, but the post I quoted above is the first thing she said that was a "move" so to speak. Very scummy, nudgey type move... throwing shade, without throwing down a vote. Greenderp came along and nibbled and he voted me, then I think JC came it acting like a boob and voted me.

Honestly? I legit think you've been a douche this game. Which is why im taking a step back from you. I'll still voice my thoughts regardless but i dont even feel like conversing much with you.

Maybe im wrong about you but atp I kinda lost interest

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

He didn’t “advocate it”.  He was voting you.  He posed that idea, today, in hindsight. 

He's disgusting.  

your right i didnt propose it. Why didnt i?  Tell me, what happens most of the time when someone proposes no lynch?

If your answer doesnt include getting climbed all over by the whole game and quite often lynched for it then your either a liar or inexperienced.

You arnt inexperienced.

I do not have enuff sway to make that suggestion and live. Blunt truth.

But this game has Jordan and Pippin in it!!  Surely such great players could look at what I was saying and THINK!. Surely they would see it AND they could survive it!

But no  that didnt happen.

And leaving my vote on Ape was as good as a no lynch. There was no WAY he was actually going to get lynched. If you all backed away from 80/crusher and didnt no lynch you just wouldve lynched someone else then ape. Probably Nyn, Barry or JC.

No Lynch wouldve been the best play. Night would have had the same ending. Look at their roles and consider that crusher SAID he would die. There was NO WAY IN THE WORLD Crusher wouldn't be shooting at 80. Now THAT bit??  THAT is hindsight now that we know their roles.

So im sorry O Worlds Greatest Scumhunter, that you arnt great enough to have seen what I was seeing, listened to what I was saying and had been smart enuff to follow it!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

your right i didnt propose it. Why didnt i?  Tell me, what happens most of the time when someone proposes no lynch?

If your answer doesnt include getting climbed all over by the whole game and quite often lynched for it then your either a liar or inexperienced.

You arnt inexperienced.

I do not have enuff sway to make that suggestion and live. Blunt truth.

But this game has Jordan and Pippin in it!!  Surely such great players could look at what I was saying and THINK!. Surely they would see it AND they could survive it!

But no  that didnt happen.

And leaving my vote on Ape was as good as a no lynch. There was no WAY he was actually going to get lynched. If you all backed away from 80/crusher and didnt no lynch you just wouldve lynched someone else then ape. Probably Nyn, Barry or JC.

No Lynch wouldve been the best play. Night would have had the same ending. Look at their roles and consider that crusher SAID he would die. There was NO WAY IN THE WORLD Crusher wouldn't be shooting at 80. Now THAT bit??  THAT is hindsight now that we know their roles.

So im sorry O Worlds Greatest Scumhunter, that you arnt great enough to have seen what I was seeing, listened to what I was saying and had been smart enuff to follow it!

You’re still alive? 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Nvm missed his flip cause it was buried in 80's flip post 

No concern you boy Dice hasn’t put a single effort into scum hunting.   Just defending you, cratering on Ape and insulting me?  That’s a good look for him in your opinion?

Just now, JiFapono said:

No concern you boy Dice hasn’t put a single effort into scum hunting.   Just defending you, cratering on Ape and insulting me?  That’s a good look for him in your opinion?

He's town *shrugs*

You guys seem to get insulted pretty easily and over not much considering the atmosphere.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Vote me then

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He's town *shrugs*

You guys seem to get insulted pretty easily and over not much considering the atmosphere.

I’m not upset about it.  Couldnt careless.  Im just describing how he’s not playing the game but cool, he’s town says you despite providing nothing.  Great!

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2021 at 12:38 PM, Nynaeve said:

unvote

vote nol

On 7/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, jvill 51 said:

VOTE COUNT

Nolder (6) - Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, 80, Drums, Nyn

80 (2) - Arsis, Nolder

JiF (1) -  Greenseed

Spoot (1) - Barry

Barry (1) - Stark

Not voting (3) - JiF, Ape, kdels

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Interesting.  Nyn put Nold at L2 on D1, Dice joins and based on absolutely nothing, he’s town.  Weird 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Interesting.  Nyn put Nold at L2 on D1, Dice joins and based on absolutely nothing, he’s town.  Weird 

Sure sure.

No point in mentioning that it was a lol train cause it was Wednesday.

You should vote me too! Totally busted

6 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@Barry McCockinner you feel very absent

yea I've been taking a back seat.

I got f'd up when Mrs. McCockinner wanted to go out to eat around deadline. Had seen the 80 reveal prior to going out but not the crusher counter. I tried to catch up at 6:30 when she hit the bathroom but there was a ton to read. By the time I caught up w/a quick skim I was getting a death start from Mrs. McCockinner (she hates if I use phone when we're out) and I was concerned about what the implications of lynching the wrong guy was and it was nearly 7. ape hammered by the time I refreshed to see if anyone answered there. So I had not vote - and FTR I didn't know what to do ?‍♂️

I do not believe ape & jif smoke out a scum mate who is 1x unlynchable and bullet proof this early.  I could tin foil on that toward end game but for now I have them both in the town pile. That said, I would hammer the ape if he was at L1 just out of spite and to make the game more enjoyable.

JC is off the table.

Not tin foiling on kdels until later either.

So POE leaves me with you, dice, stark and GS for now. You and dice towning each other up kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Do you have any thoughts on greenseeds wonky soft reveal?

On 7/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Horrible vote.  You're not reading between the lines. 

On 7/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, Greenseed4 said:

The bread crumbs are there.  I hope my townie teammates can pick up on it.  

You've been playing such a clean game, my hats off to you... but your vote is pretty gross. What is your proof for being town in this game?

unvote, vote JiF

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Could you point me to the soft reveal? 

• Upvote 1