"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

On 7/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, Nolder said:

@JiFapono who will you vote?

Fair question 

On 7/15/2021 at 12:55 PM, Stark said:

you want a competing train or nah? you could've voted for Nyn or drums but go with the flow... I don't like this

UNVOTE BARRY

VOTE BEAVER

Good post by Stark 

On 7/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, Stark said:

vote Beaver you know you wanna

On 7/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, Integrity28 said:

Over-explanations typically = scum.

Would vote beaver. Still catching up.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

Oh, that was it?

Unvote vote beaver 

over explanation for bandwagon pile on

On 7/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

Stark rings as town.

Ape rings as town . 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I get his logic tho. It’s not illogical to kill off a claimed VT in the early game. That being said 

vote Spoot 

And this is why I feel like kdels is town btw. Only way he'd be doing this 40 mins from DL  lol

• Haha 2

VOTE COUNT

kdels (6) - Crusher, 80, Arsis, Beaver, Nolder

Beaver (5) - Stark, Barry, Spoot, JiF, Nyn

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Stark (1) - Ape

Spoot (1) - kdels

Not voting (1) - Drums

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

***DEADLINE: Today at 4:00 PM EST***

The only reason I kind of get what Nolder is saying is because claiming VT, if town, reduces the pool of NK candidates for scum that night.  If you just say "GFY" when asked for a reveal and survive the noose, you may well draw a NK because scum thinks you're hiding something good.  

I dunno if that always works out in practice, and it certainly doesn't seem necessary to be a "policy lynch" every time, but I can at least see the logic there.

20 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I wanted to see where it was going. The only reason I haven’t taken it off yet is that I’m not sure where to vote next. Would you like me to unvote?

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Beaver and Drums are my favorites for lynch D1. Look at my posts. I’ve been pretty cut and dry. 

Barry accusing me of nudging pings a little, but he seems more like town trying to prove he’s not an imbecile.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’d go Beaver over drums even though my sweet @JiFapono loves a thumping base. 

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Im not voting Drums.  I'd probably vote for cock before beaver.

No surprise here 

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

How would you prefer I defend myself? I could lie and make a fake case against Drums.

Ok, kdels is literally defending so badly I’m starting get that,” no way he can be scum vibe.” Anyone know about how many gabes he played. @kdels62 How many games you play? 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only reason I kind of get what Nolder is saying is because claiming VT, if town, reduces the pool of NK candidates for scum that night.  If you just say "GFY" when asked for a reveal and survive the noose, you may well draw a NK because scum thinks you're hiding something good.  

I dunno if that always works out in practice, and it certainly doesn't seem necessary to be a "policy lynch" every time, but I can at least see the logic there.

80, we all know we'd lynch someone who refuses to claim at L-2 so that's just a load of crap. He won't survive till night to get shot. PLUS scum would never NK someone who got run up and is high on the lynching pool.

Like what are you all smoking? I want in

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

And this is why I feel like kdels is town btw. Only way he'd be doing this 40 mins from DL  lol

I’d have rather died while people weren’t scrambling rather than now where it’s gonna be a whirling dervish. I get Nolder’s thoughts on the game policy even thought it’s not typically done amongst this group of players.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I just did a quick ISO on beaver and kdles.

I don't get what the sus is on beaver. Would love it if someone could explain it to me.

kdles had a bad post voting for drums even though he mentioned that he thinks his behavior is more town oriented. Pretty thick approach but when he got called on it he seemed to refuse to budge which in itself is odd. His reaction to suss on the matter and the votes pilling up have been mostly indifference.

Does kdles enjoy randing scum or does he hate it?

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Gotta say this feels a bit like low hanging fruit to me... but I don't want random so if push comes to shove I'll move to kdles most likely. Unless both of them show up and do the talky thing some more.

Bunny is literally in my fat head right now on Kdels. Likely town  Bunny

VOTE COUNT

Beaver (6) - Stark, Barry, Spoot, JiF, Nyn, 80

kdels (5) - Crusher, Arsis, Beaver, Nolder

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Stark (1) - Ape

Spoot (1) - kdels

Not voting (1) - Drums

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

***DEADLINE: Today at 4:00 PM EST***

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

80, we all know we'd lynch someone who refuses to claim at L-2 so that's just a load of crap. He won't survive till night to get shot. PLUS scum would never NK someone who got run up and is high on the lynching pool.

Like what are you all smoking? I want in

Yeah I get it.  It really doesn't work out well in practice, especially not on JN.  It's definitely a paint-by-numbers way of thinking.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

Stark rings as town.

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unvote vote Stark

Instinct.

As far as I can tell, Stark didn't post between these two Ape posts. What changed here? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Didn’t you say yiu didn’t see the Sus on Beaver?

I still don't. 

But!

No one wants to speedlynch barry

Kdels showed up while beaver hasn't

out of the two I feel Kdels is town while I'm null on beaver

DL is in 30 mins

No majority = random death

Do the math, big guy.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

I still don't. 

But!

No one wants to speedlynch barry

Kdels showed up while beaver hasn't

out of the two I feel Kdels is town while I'm null on beaver

DL is in 30 mins

No majority = random death

Do the math, big guy.

Fair enough. I still prefer kdels over Beaver. Yet. My day one instincts usually puts me on wrong side of these things. 

11 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I literally claimed VT every time I was at L-2 and was VT or scum.

As did any VT in existence.

Are you high?

Don't take this the wrong way because it literally took me years to realize this, but that's ******* stupid. It's not what VT is for. VT is for providing cover for PRs. If you claim VT you're giving up the only influence you have over the game aside from your vote. I'll go over this more later but really think about it. It's not productive to claim as VT.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

We have thirty minutes, why are you in such a rush? 

OMG YOU ARE RIGHT WE HAVE 30 MINUTES, THAT'S LIKE LOADS AND LOADS OF TIME

I'VE FINALLY SEEN THE LIGHT!

GUYS, LETS WAIT TILL IT'S 30 SECONDS AWAY TO MAKE A CALL CAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO IN MY TIME LIKE EAT, SLEEP AND STUDY

LETS WAIT FOR DRUMS TO KEEP DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

• Haha 2

Just now, Nolder said:

Don't take this the wrong way because it literally took me years to realize this, but that's ******* stupid. It's not what VT is for. VT is for providing cover for PRs. If you claim VT you're giving up the only influence you have over the game aside from your vote. I'll go over this more later but really think about it. It's not productive to claim as VT.

^^ that Moment the Adderal kicks in!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nynaeve said:

OMG YOU ARE RIGHT WE HAVE 30 MINUTES, THAT'S LIKE LOADS AND LOADS OF TIME

I'VE FINALLY SEEN THE LIGHT!

GUYS, LETS WAIT TILL IT'S 30 SECONDS AWAY TO MAKE A CALL CAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO IN MY TIME LIKE EAT, SLEEP AND STUDY

LETS WAIT FOR DRUMS TO KEEP DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Didn't read your whole post but you voted right? So who cares? Come back in thirty minutes if you're happy with your vote. Bye.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

What does? You comparing the two situations is actually a reach. I was  simply pointing out the difference. The thing that made it a reach. 

It’s mischaracterized that I claimed Drums is scummy. I just find voting for Drums funny because he’s so reckless in the early game in an attempt to make real progress. He had a train and I figured a vote for him would be funny (my weakness is how much I enjoy schaudenfreude) and informative because trains are informative. I maintained that I didn’t think Drums was scum after that. I just didn’t take my vote off of him because I had no where that I thought would be a good landing spot for my vote.